Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Countingcrow1966

Default What are your theories on the end of Endgame ?

Hi,
    So what do we think on the Outcome of Endgame ?

I have a feeling Cap will die but whilst defeating Thanos

Who do we think may join Cap in meeing his end ?

BANNED

To be honest, I expect that the likes of Cap, Thor, and Tony will have some kind of woozy ending where it's not clear if they are alive or dead. And that way you can shelve them for future cameo and guest appearances. Black Widow has a movie scheduled for her. Hawkeye I think is toast.

I still feel there are more stories and stuff you can do with Cap and especially Thor. Iron Man is super played out but given his elevated importance to the MCU, they might decide to shelve him for future guest appearances and whatnot.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Avengers finale style ending to celebrate the O6.

Cap is toast, setting the stage for the Winter Falcon show on Disney +

Tony survives but retires after being seriously injured in the final fight. Post credits scene that teases him & Strange forming the Illuminati

Thor survives and remains on Earth with the rest of the asguardians. I think he’ll be around for another phase or 2 before bowing out.

Hawkeye retires.

Black widow’s status depends on if her solo movie is a prequel or not.

Hulk dies in combat.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I think Hawkeye might be the only real death.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member

The Avengers technically lose but convince Thanos to resurrect everyone that was dusted.

Cap and Thor may bite the dust. Thor's entire family is dead and while there are some Asgardians left floating around in space, the fact that Marvel wants to make an Eternals movie suggests that they're going to wipe away the Asgardians. Cap dying fits the whole ultimate sacrifice especially since he's never been comfortable in this timeline, setting up Bucky to take up the mantle in his honor. I think Tony just retires and goes away with Pepper.

I think Steve will somehow get the Infinity Gauntlet, and bring back all the dead Avengers by saying: "Avengers Assemble!"

I think thats the big Avengers Assemble moment we've been waiting for in the MCU. He'll probably die immediately afterwards though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post

Tony survives but retires after being seriously injured in the final fight. Post credits scene that teases him & Strange forming the Illuminati

Thor survives and remains on Earth with the rest of the asguardians. I think he’ll be around for another phase or 2 before bowing out.

Hawkeye retires.

Hulk dies in combat.
    I agree about Cap (yeah, the Bucky and Sam show would be about them fulfilling his legacy), but I think Hawkeye will be gone as well. That would set up the new Hawkeye, who would be one of the teens in a future Young Avengers team (comprising various YA and Champions members from the comics).

You're right about Widow, we can't rule out her dying if her film is a prequel. Won't be surprised if she survives though.

I think you're right about Tony. He can continue supplying tech to the Avengers and Spider-Man, but no longer be involved. Maybe have an end credit scene in which he talks to Pepper about a protege he's just taken on... someone who can one day replace Iron Man. It's an African-American teenage girl (Riri Williams), but we don't see her.

Yeah, I can see Thor sticking around. There's no way Valkyrie can sell a movie on her own, but a potential Thor 4 could be about both of them.

I don't see Hulk dying. If he dies they can never use She-Hulk or Brawn.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Obviously everyone who got Snapped returns.

I think Steve and/or Tony are going to die. Steve's story has always been about sacrifice, and Tony's sort of been on borrowed time ever since he *didnt* die in the first Avengers and his whole narrative since then has been about him dealing with his PTSD, trying to find the ultimate solution to protecting earth, etc. I think it makes a lot of narrative sense for these two to go down together in a big way and would be a worthy payoff for both of their arcs. Hopefully we get some sort of angel-ish cameo by Peggy Carter, welcoming Steve "home." As a minor aside, this could also play into the visions from Age of Ultron (they managed to make it work for Thor).

I think Thor and Hulk might both remain alive and active. Hemsworth wants to keep on as Thor, reportedly, and I think there's a whole lot of new stuff to be done with the Asgardian refugees that wouldn't really overlap too badly with the Eternals. And while I haven't heard anything one way or another about Ruffalo's plans or contract, I could see him sticking around. The cgi aspect of Hulk means Ruffalo doesn't have to work as hard as Evans or Hemsworth to stay in shape, and Hulk doesn't show up a whole lot so the schedule is easier to work with. Both may take on lesser roles and appear a little less often but I dont know if the MCU is completely done with these two yet. I hope not.

I think Clint will retire and set up Kate Bishop, who herself will be part of a buildup to Young Avengers. I dont think Clint's death would really have any major impact on audiences, and I dont think it would really have a huge impact on the other Avengers except for Nat. Widow....I dunno. Rumor says her movie is a prequel but does Marvel intend to do a trilogy or just a one-off? Not sure what'll happen there but I wouldn't be surprised to see Widow retire (except for her own movie/s which may be set in the past).

Supposedly we're getting a Witch and Vision series on Disney+ so unless the whole show is set between Civil War and Infinity War both characters survive Endgame. I think Vision will be rebuilt; Shuri likely salvaged enough to get him online (after someone repairs the hole in his head) but without the mind Stone he'll be emotionless. That lost love will make for a good plotline in the show.

Bucky or Falcon will take up Steve's shield as the new Cap.....but whether either of them (or both of them) become bigger players in the movies or just do that rumored Disney+ show......I dunno. It'd be weird to have a Captain America who isn't a main focus in the films but these actors have also been in the roles for years and might be getting tired.

I think War Machine retires. Maybe dies. Poor Rhodes has suffered enough and I'm pretty sure Cheadle (spelling?) is at the end of his contract. We've already seen him get hurt pretty badly so dying would largely just sorta cover similar emotional ground......but people are gonna die in this movie, the actor is (I think) moving on, and pawns are gonna have to be sacrificed (sorry Rhodes!).

I very much hope/believe that the characters who died outside of the Snap (Loki, Gamora, etc) remain dead. I know Zoe Saldana has another movie or two on her contract, but who says she has to be alive for that? Flashbacks, dreams, a ghost, a hallucination of Quill's.....lots of ways for the actress to return with Gamora still being dead.

Im not sure what'll be done with the Avengers beyond a new roster consisting of some established non-Avengers (Strange, Captain Marvel, Wasp), and maybe one of the old guard (Thor? Witch?) for consistency. But I think Marvel said they're not doing another Avengers movie for a while after Endgame. So whatever the roster looks like when Endgame wraps, by the time we actually see the team again it'll probably look different and bring in some of the new faces we'll be introduced to in Phase 4 (Shang-Chi? One of the Eternals?).

I think we're going to see the Thunderbolts come out of this too. The Avengers proved too difficult to manage with the Accords, and there's villains sitting in cells going back as far as Incredible Hulk. Plus, the introduction of Ghost really feels like Marvel is setting the stage for Ross' version of the Suicide Squad.

I dunno. I really dont know what Endgame is going to do or what things will look like when the dust settles.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Cap and Thor may bite the dust. Thor's entire family is dead and while there are some Asgardians left floating around in space, the fact that Marvel wants to make an Eternals movie suggests that they're going to wipe away the Asgardians. Cap dying fits the whole ultimate sacrifice especially since he's never been comfortable in this timeline, setting up Bucky to take up the mantle in his honor. I think Tony just retires and goes away with Pepper.
    same.

I would end Thor's story with Valkyrie bringing him to Valhalla where he meets Odin and Frigga (yeah, I know Valkyries most likely don't have that ability in MCU but with this they can salvage a bit of lore around Thor's mythology).

that would have been an epic and sad scene and a good send off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Obviously everyone who got Snapped returns.

Supposedly we're getting a Witch and Vision series on Disney+ so unless the whole show is set between Civil War and Infinity War both characters survive Endgame. I think Vision will be rebuilt; Shuri likely salvaged enough to get him online (after someone repairs the hole in his head) but without the mind Stone he'll be emotionless. That lost love will make for a good plotline in the show.
    Shuri was Snapped, so it's unlikely she'll be involved in getting Vision repaired. Otherwise they can't even start rebuilding him until the Snapped people return.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post

Hawkeye retires.

Hulk dies in combat.
    If they set up the Illuminati I will fanboy right the f#&k out!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Shuri was Snapped, so it's unlikely she'll be involved in getting Vision repaired. Otherwise they can't even start rebuilding him until the Snapped people return.
    No no. I mean Shuri likely was able to copy a fair sized chunk of Vision's programming while she was trying to remove the Stone, and that data would still be saved in the Wakandan servers (or wherever). Vision's body could be repaired; Helen Cho might not have been Snapped (do we know if she survived?), and Banner's still around, Rocket's still around. Tony and Nebula will make it back to earth. Plenty of smart people who could rebuild Vision's forehead, and they could upload what Shuri saved back in. Vision wouldn't be the same; he'd be lacking whatever data Shuri didnt save (removing memories, information, personality traits, who knows what). And without the mind Stone he'd likely be far less powerful. But he'd still be an android made out of vibranium, created by a robot and some of the smartest minds on earth. Even if he only had half his memories, no emotions, and half his power, that's still pretty badass.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    If they set up the Illuminati I will fanboy right the f#&k out!
    I don't know if you can do the Illuminati yet. There might not be enough pieces.

Strange and T'Challa are around. I guess Black Bolt is too if they want to use him. But Stark might be on his way out, while Reed and Namor haven't been introduced yet.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't know if you can do the Illuminati yet. There might not be enough pieces.

Strange and T'Challa are around. I guess Black Bolt is too if they want to use him. But Stark might be on his way out, while Reed and Namor haven't been introduced yet.
    Also Xavier.

And you can't really do the Illuminati without Namor because he's the agitator.