Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Captain Marvel (MCU) vs. Zod (MoS)

Who wins in a battle between these two?

vs.

Fight One: The Arena

Fight Two: starts off in Metropolis

Can Captain Marvel defeat the Kryptonian threat? Or will General Zod make the former Kree soldier kneel?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

At this point, I think most of us are trying to hold off on Captain Marvel fights until "Endgame" comes out since it might render any opinion here obsolete.

In this case, I would tend to give it to Marvel unless we are spotting Zod some sort of automatic Kryptonian feats, basically giving him some of Superman's feats. If we are giving him some assumed feats, he might win but, again, only about four weeks until "Endgame".
    Power with Girl is better.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Tend to agree here: we know that she's SUPPOSED to be the strongest of the strong in the MCU. But she really doesn't have the feats quite at that level yet. OTOH, Zod doesn't really get Clark's more recent feats either, and I don't see anything he has personally done as really being a match for her. He's got skill, but she's got more. He's tough, but so is she. He flies fast, but she flies AT LEAST as fast. And she's got BOATLOADS more energy projection at her fingertips.

We really need to wait for Endgame.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Problem is Carol is no where near as physically strong. She gets grabbed, she’s toast.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Problem is Carol is no where near as physically strong. She gets grabbed, she’s toast.
    I'm honestly not seeing where his actual feats of strength in the movie are greater than her big strength feat or where her durability is less than his. I am, of course, referring to her high-end feats when she attained full power. If you are invoking her feats when she was more at a Captain America level physically, she has no chance but those are not her high-end at full power.

He only has better "feats" than her if you scale to Clark's stuff
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Is Carol supposed to be the strongest though? I'd still give the durability and strength edge to Thor. Carol has the edge in energy projection and actual flight.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Is Carol supposed to be the strongest though? I'd still give the durability and strength edge to Thor. Carol has the edge in energy projection and actual flight.
    When we say that, it's because Kevin Feige says that. By feats, who the hell knows what's going to come out of this? Feats are tricky sometimes: Black Panther gives a decent little one-shot smack-down to Cull in IW, but gets overwhelmed by 3 outriders. What's his level? We can only try to pick.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    When we say that, it's because Kevin Feige says that. By feats, who the hell knows what's going to come out of this? Feats are tricky sometimes: Black Panther gives a decent little one-shot smack-down to Cull in IW, but gets overwhelmed by 3 outriders. What's his level? We can only try to pick.
    That's because of stored energy in the suit. Ghe putrider thing is just his regulad stats. I get what you're sayingbif course, but i don't think that example holds.

As for Carol, she can already fly the fastest...that's abiut it. Thir's still her superior.

Yeah there's even an interview where someone asked Brie Larson how strong Captain Marvel was going to prove to be and she said moving planets levels of strength. But I only saw it once. She may have said "power" rather than "strength". Plus it was an off the cuff response and I got the feeling her focus is on the acting, not on the power level of the character. The way she responded reminded me of when John de Lancie was asked what the most interesting thing about Q as a character was and he began with: "Well, of course, the LEAST interesting thing about him is his powers."

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    That's because of stored energy in the suit. Ghe putrider thing is just his regulad stats. I get what you're sayingbif course, but i don't think that example holds.

As for Carol, she can already fly the fastest...that's abiut it. Thir's still her superior.
    Eh, not so much, really, as the outriders absolutely attack with physical shots, and he got slammed into the ground by them. He should have plenty of energy to spit back at them. He just... doesn't.

And she's got BOATLOADS more energy projection at her fingertips.
    I would not place her photon blasts on the same level as Zod's heat vision, the guy sliced down an office block in seconds.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Thor did a genuine Psycho Crusher in Ragnarok. He can fly on his own.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    When he flew up and zapped the Hulk? The problem is we can't judge his speed or maneuverability since he just hovered there.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    A brief spin while lunging forward is NOT flight. Dude can't fly solo. Otherwise like 99% of power rangers + a whole bunch of campy Chinese martial artists (crouching tiger) can all fly.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure