Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who should direct a blaxploitation Earth 23 movie?

Who would create the best earth 23 and Calvin Ellis blaxploitation film?

1) *Jack Hill*
    2) *Quentin tarantino *
    3) * Ralph bakshi*
    4) *William crane*
    5) *Jack Arnold *

I like the idea of making this a blaxploitation film instead of a serious action/drama like the dark knight trilogy. But everyone has an opinion so leave yours down below. <3

I Personally believe Jack Hill would knock this one out of the park.
    ( sorry for the grammar and misspellings )
    Last edited by Linda Lee; 03-31-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Spike Lee
    Cheo Coker
    Ryan Coogler

Good mentions. I'm not a big fan of spike Lee's films. But he would most likely draw the biggest crowd.

After thinking about this more. I personally believe those directors would be terrible for this style of movie and the content.
    Last edited by Linda Lee; 03-31-2019 at 11:30 AM.

Scott Sanders, the guy who directed Black Dynamite.

Black Dynamite is an instant classic

Keenen Ivory Wayans
    Ice Cube
    Tarantino

Yea Black dynamite was really fun my first watch.
    Ice cube might struggle on this one.

Cube struggles at nothing!

Lolol ice cream

penetrator of things

Jordan Peele
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

I think I I'm biased against newer directors because of there incorporation of digital effects is now more common. That being said Jordan Peele would do very well in my opinion

I adore many of Tarantino's films but keep that man away from blaxploitation; I just know that movie would be EXTREMELY problematic. Jordan Peele and Spike Lee would be my pipedream choices but my pick would be between
    Boots Riley (Sorry to Bother You)

Or Terence Nance (Random Acts of Flyness)

Both are very visual filmmakers with a surreal somewhat postmodern approach to their work and are socially conscious. I think if you are gonna be blaxploitation today you need that kind of high concept eye and social awareness to pull it off without falling into eye-rolling shallowness, tropes, and stereotypes.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 03-31-2019 at 12:33 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I will agree that anything tarantino does will be controversial because people love to complain and whine. Superman has been inspiring people to achieve better moral ideals for the past 80 years and superman doesnt like whiners. I haven't seen that HBO show yet and will probably start it after finishing, love death and robots.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Lee View Post
    I will agree that anything tarantino does will be controversial because people love to complain and whine. Superman has been inspiring people to achieve better moral ideals for the past 80 years and superman doesnt like whiners. I haven't seen that HBO show yet and will probably start it after finishing, love death and robots.
    Trigger warning: it can be black militant at times.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Amazing Member

Of the choices provided, Tarantino.

That being said, if the movie were actually made, no "blaxploitation". Calvin Ellis is an interesting hero-being prez, his relationship with Braniac, just make a good movie about this cool parallel Earth. Sorry, don't want to sidetrack your thread, carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlondey View Post
    Of the choices provided, Tarantino.

That being said, if the movie were actually made, no "blaxploitation". Calvin Ellis is an interesting hero-being prez, his relationship with Braniac, just make a good movie about this cool parallel Earth. Sorry, don't want to sidetrack your thread, carry on.
    I totally agree a Calvin Ellis movie would be awesome. No matter the genre. It would be awesome to get it done as a modern action adventure. I love film and comics, I like to mix the two, and I like weird subgenres of both. Everyone's opinion is welcome I think a murder mystery spectre movie would be over 9000
    Last edited by Linda Lee; 03-31-2019 at 07:40 PM.