Default BOOM Studios Recommendations

I've read some of BOOM's work and I really enjoy it. They seem to have a great team. I'm about to start reading their Power Ranger's comics, but are there any other recommendations?

Grass Kings by Kindt & Jenkins

Empty Man by Bunn, Del Rey & Hervas

Coda by Spurrier & Bergara

Suicide Risk by Carey & Casagrande

Irredeemable by Waid & Krause

Bone Parish by Bunn & Scharf

Giant Days by Allison, Sarin & Treiman

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Grass Kings by Kindt & Jenkins

Empty Man by Bunn, Del Rey & Hervas

Coda by Spurrier & Bergara

Suicide Risk by Carey & Casagrande

Irredeemable by Waid & Krause

Bone Parish by Bunn & Scharf

Giant Days by Allison, Sarin & Treiman
    Thanks! Irredeemable and Giant Days, in particular, sound interesting. Also, I actually picked up Empty Man's first issue! I had to stop reading because of financial issues, but I remember really liking it's premise. Looking forward to jumping back into that.

Also, I'm really loving this Power Ranger's series. Might be the best interpretation of the Mighty Morphin series.

All-New Member

If you're a Buffy fan, the new series is off to a pretty good start. It's an alternate universe version of Buffy set in the present day.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I've enjoyed what I've read of Lumberjanes, if you don't mind "cartoony" all-ages titles it's certainly worth a read. They also usually hire solid creative teams for their licensed titles so if you like Adventure Time, Sons of Anarchy, and Planet of the Apes you should check them out.

I don't read a lot from them lately. But that has less to do with the quality of their books, and more to do with the fact that even for comics they pay unlivable wages to a lot of their artists. Hard to enjoy a book after the artist is fired for requesting a raise so she wouldn't have to work three jobs. Granted they did later give her some work on another title, but how much they pay their creators is still a sore spot.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 04-04-2019 at 08:51 AM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Astonishing Member

A definite thumbs-up for Giant Days. The series may be losing a bit a steam now that the three friends are in their final year at university, but it has been a real treat to follow them all the way up from when that diverse group met as freshman roommates and started learning all about living on their own for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by bloom View Post
    If you're a Buffy fan, the new series is off to a pretty good start. It's an alternate universe version of Buffy set in the present day.
    Yes, I've also been enjoying this new series.

All-New Member

Coda is really good.