View Poll Results: Make me a movie

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Long Halloween

    5 10.87%
  • Dark Victory

    2 4.35%
  • 10 Nights of the Beast

    2 4.35%
  • The Cult

    3 6.52%
  • Year Two

    0 0%
  • A Lonely Place of Dying

    2 4.35%
  • Knightfall

    13 28.26%
  • Anarky

    0 0%
  • Nightwing Year One

    4 8.70%
  • Contagion

    0 0%
  • Legacy

    1 2.17%
  • No Man’s Land

    6 13.04%
  • War Games

    0 0%
  • Identity Crisis

    1 2.17%
  • Other: Specify

    7 15.22%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45
  1. #31
    Gigantic Member ispacehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This reminds me of how they were trying to spin the No Man's Land setting into it's own cartoon...

    The only way I could see them pulling it off is as a three-part film trilogy.

    The thing about Knightfall that makes me ponder is juggling introducing Azrael to a general audience while also building Bane up.

    Then you have to showcase Jean-Paul as Batman with a recovering Bruce before we get the big fight between Batman and AzBats.
    Azrael is definitely the sticky wicket. Without AzBats, doing Knightfall seems far less interesting.

    I imagine Azrael (the mini series) being a prelude to the first film which would have to end with Batman being broken.

    That would mean that the rise and fall of AzBats and Bruce's eventual return would be left to a second film.

    Kinda makes the second film a little bunchy. Seems like it could work quite well if done right.

    A Netflix series would do the trick without any question.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

    Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

  2. #32
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,136

    Default

    Batman Inc and Robin Rises

    Grayson

    Metal
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-10-2019 at 01:09 PM.

  3. #33
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The Court... oh wait they did it and make it all about Damian.
    No Man's Land probably, but that one I prefer a TV series, but whichever it was, the first question I have to ask is if their Damian Boner has gone down yet and if they remember that Tim and Jason exist, because if they're making No Man's Land based on what they've done so far, it will be with Damian.
    Not sure what you mean by Damian boner. 2 movies out of over 26 isn't a boner. That's not even a semi or a mild tingling.

    I don't believe the case was ever that they forgot how many Robins they have it's just that they've had 2 Robins.
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-10-2019 at 01:15 PM.

  4. #34
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    A Netflix series would do the trick without any question.
    Why, when we all know it will never happen, do people still bring up the hope for a DC Netflix series?

    Best you can hope for is a series on the new DC streaming service. And as I understand it, that's a mixed bag.

  5. #35
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Not sure what you mean by Damian boner. 2 movies out of over 26 isn't a boner. That's not even a semi or a mild tingling.

    I don't believe the case was ever that they forgot how many Robins they have it's just that they've had 2 Robins.
    Two movies? Son of Batman, Batman vs Robin, Justice League vs the Teen Titans, Batman: Bad Blood, Teen Titans the Judas Contract. Then there's Batman Unlimited Mechs vs Mutants, and Batman Ninja (although these two feel less bad because Batman Unlimited has Dick and Tim show up in the films, and Ninja includes Dick, Jason, and Tim).

    Meanwhile in the Nu52-inspired DCAU, whatever it's called, Jason and Tim never got to be Robins at all. Not just offscreen, but officially, they were never Robin. If you aren't a Damian fan, it can feel a bit like Damian is getting an unfair and unwelcome push at the expense of other characters you like better.

  6. #36
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Two movies? Son of Batman, Batman vs Robin, Justice League vs the Teen Titans, Batman: Bad Blood, Teen Titans the Judas Contract. Then there's Batman Unlimited Mechs vs Mutants, and Batman Ninja (although these two feel less bad because Batman Unlimited has Dick and Tim show up in the films, and Ninja includes Dick, Jason, and Tim).

    Meanwhile in the Nu52-inspired DCAU, whatever it's called, Jason and Tim never got to be Robins at all. Not just offscreen, but officially, they were never Robin. If you aren't a Damian fan, it can feel a bit like Damian is getting an unfair and unwelcome push at the expense of other characters you like better.
    Only two of those movies can be classed as Damian movies. All the others were starring others so again not even a tingling.

    Your 2nd point is what I already said.

    Damian is the current Robin so I expect him to turn up more than I expect some other sidekicks not named nightwing.

    Same reason why the batman/Tmnt titles have him. Because he is Robin.

    This is not the 1st time DC has streamlined their universe to Dick and one other Robin.
    BTAS The role that was written for Jason yet the creators were forced to call the character Tim because Tim was the current Robin at the time. Lets not pretend that this is new or the worst case of DC overwriting a Robin. Same with the beyond world and the movies.

    It's nothing new. It'll be great if they always took the YJ approach where everyone gets a fair shake but for whatever reason [I believe it's to simplify things for a casual audience] they like act like Robins not named Dick are interchangeable and they've been doing it for a while now. With Priority going to the current robin.
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-10-2019 at 02:43 PM.

  7. #37
    Mighty Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    Birth of the Demon

    Venom

    Triple Threat (Batman, Green Arrow, Question and Lady Shiva story by Dennis O'Neill)

    Monster Men


  8. #38

    Default

    -Shaman
    -Prey
    -Year 100
    -R.I.P.

    Also, ASBAR.

  9. #39
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Robin/Nightwing: Year One

  10. #40
    Gigantic Member ispacehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Why, when we all know it will never happen, do people still bring up the hope for a DC Netflix series?

    Best you can hope for is a series on the new DC streaming service. And as I understand it, that's a mixed bag.

    The thread is titled "Stories You'd Like To See," and not "Stories You Expect To See."

    Knightfall just seems far too expansive to be done and done right in as anything other than an episodic.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

    Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

  11. #41
    Astonishing Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Two movies? Son of Batman, Batman vs Robin, Justice League vs the Teen Titans, Batman: Bad Blood, Teen Titans the Judas Contract. Then there's Batman Unlimited Mechs vs Mutants, and Batman Ninja (although these two feel less bad because Batman Unlimited has Dick and Tim show up in the films, and Ninja includes Dick, Jason, and Tim).

    Meanwhile in the Nu52-inspired DCAU, whatever it's called, Jason and Tim never got to be Robins at all. Not just offscreen, but officially, they were never Robin. If you aren't a Damian fan, it can feel a bit like Damian is getting an unfair and unwelcome push at the expense of other characters you like better.
    I at least take some solace that Jason has Under the Red Hood. Easily one of the best DC animated films, in my opinion.

  12. #42
    Spectacular Member paulojrmam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    235

    Default

    I didn't know Hush was being adapted. I'm reading it right now, so it's nice to hear. I'm personally more interested in newer stories, like the Year Zero or the War of Jokes and Riddles. I didn't read it yet, but from the synopsis No Man's Land seems it could be dope.
    Last edited by paulojrmam; 04-18-2019 at 12:35 PM.

  13. #43
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Only two of those movies can be classed as Damian movies. All the others were starring others so again not even a tingling.

    Your 2nd point is what I already said.

    Damian is the current Robin so I expect him to turn up more than I expect some other sidekicks not named nightwing.

    Same reason why the batman/Tmnt titles have him. Because he is Robin.

    This is not the 1st time DC has streamlined their universe to Dick and one other Robin.
    BTAS The role that was written for Jason yet the creators were forced to call the character Tim because Tim was the current Robin at the time. Lets not pretend that this is new or the worst case of DC overwriting a Robin. Same with the beyond world and the movies.

    It's nothing new. It'll be great if they always took the YJ approach where everyone gets a fair shake but for whatever reason [I believe it's to simplify things for a casual audience] they like act like Robins not named Dick are interchangeable and they've been doing it for a while now. With Priority going to the current robin.
    And it doesn't matter if there are reasons or if those reasons make sense, we're talking about fans here - surely you can understand that seeing a character you don't like everywhere, who replaced a character or characters you do like, and those characters you do like aren't even acknowledged or worse made to have never existed in certain adaptations, is something that those fans would be bothered by? Maybe it makes sense, maybe it doesn't, but if Damian isn't your cup of tea, and you like Tim or Jason a lot, then current DC animated efforts are going to have something/one to frustrate you. Hell, especially this version of Damian, I've read posts that even some Damian fans don't like animated Damian.

    Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    The thread is titled "Stories You'd Like To See," and not "Stories You Expect To See."

    Knightfall just seems far too expansive to be done and done right in as anything other than an episodic.
    I didn't say anything about it being episodic, I said why Netflix? You can do an episodic series and it not be a Netflix series.

  14. #44
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    And it doesn't matter if there are reasons or if those reasons make sense, we're talking about fans here - surely you can understand that seeing a character you don't like everywhere, who replaced a character or characters you do like, and those characters you do like aren't even acknowledged or worse made to have never existed in certain adaptations, is something that those fans would be bothered by? Maybe it makes sense, maybe it doesn't, but if Damian isn't your cup of tea, and you like Tim or Jason a lot, then current DC animated efforts are going to have something/one to frustrate you. Hell, especially this version of Damian, I've read posts that even some Damian fans don't like animated Damian.
    Appreciate your point about it irking fans who don't like Damian to have to watch him but as a Fan who got into comics because of the Movie Son of Batman and the many fans who love watching him in these movies the direction makes perfect sense to me.

    Yep some Damian fans don't like version just like some Damian fans don't like Supersons Damian. Sucks when the Robin of the era isn't your cup of Tea because they get in everything.
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-18-2019 at 11:11 PM.

  15. #45
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Appreciate your point about it irking fans who don't like Damian to have to watch him but as a Fan who got into comics because of the Movie Son of Batman and the many fans who love watching him in these movies the direction makes perfect sense to me.

    Yep some Damian fans don't like version just like some Damian fans don't like Supersons Damian. Sucks when the Robin of the era isn't your cup of Tea because they get in everything.
    Well, if Son of Batman got you into Batman I guess it would make sense to you. But at least you know why it doesn't make sense for people who aren't fans of that particular Robin.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •