• Identity Crisis

1 2.17%
  • Other: Specify

7 15.22%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Default Batman Stories You’d Like To See Made Into An Animated Film

With Hush being released later this year, are there any other big storylines you think would make killer animated films? Poll coming!
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Zero Year, Earth One, Batman and the Monster Men, The Long Halloween, Prey, The Doom that came to Gotham, of the ones I've read. Ones I've yet to read but sound like they'd be good to animate White Knight, the crossover with Predator, and the Dracula one.

A lot of these stories feel like they'd be too long for an animated movie to adapt properly. But something like 'The Cult' would work really well.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batknight View Post
    A lot of these stories feel like they'd be too long for an animated movie to adapt properly. But something like 'The Cult' would work really well.
    Knightfall, the Long Halloween, and Dark Victory, could easily fill 2 animated films, like they did for TDKR.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Of the most recent series, I think White Knight and Metal would be the most perfect fits for animated adaptations.

And now that they've just done Death Of Superman and Reign Of The Supermen, I feel like Knightfall and Knightquest shouldn't be too far behind.

Batgirl Year One but that is probably too long for one movie maybe.

If it remains in the shitty DCMAU, I don't care. They can make whatever they want, but I'm not watching it.

I voted Nightwing: Year One, because as a Dick Grayson fan it'd be nice to see him get his movie after so long playing supporting character or ensemble.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    And now that they've just done Death Of Superman and Reign Of The Supermen, I feel like Knightfall and Knightquest shouldn't be too far behind.
    I think Knightfall is probably the most iconic "classic" Batman storyline that they haven't adapted into animation yet, what with Hush and Long Halloween finally getting adapted.

Although after doing Hush I don't think you could really do Knightfall so soon after.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Knightfall, the Long Halloween, and Dark Victory, could easily fill 2 animated films, like they did for TDKR.
    Problem is they don't really do 2 part movies. TDKR is all they've done. Every other one has been a separate storyline.

Black Mirror

Quote Originally Posted by Batknight View Post
    Problem is they don't really do 2 part movies. TDKR is all they've done. Every other one has been a separate storyline.
    They did Death of Superman and Reign of the Supermen as two-parters and are supposedly doing the same for Long Halloween, so it's definitely not something I think is completely off the table.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I I don't think that Long Halloween or Dark Victory would need to be split into two films, Under the Red Hood and Hush are also 12+ issue stories than they could also do them as single film.
    I'm also not sure if Dark Victory as it is would really made a good film, having Dick's origin story start half way through the story results in a really odd story structure.

It is a pretty obscure story, but I think Batman: Outlaws could make for a pretty cool action packed film.

I guess No Man's Land couldn't fit one movie and should be a two-part film or a trilogy... But for me it's one of the most exciting stories not adapted so far.

Strange Apparitions, 10 Nights and Legacy could also make great films.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I I don't think that Long Halloween or Dark Victory would need to be split into two films, Under the Red Hood and Hush are also 12+ issue stories than they could also do them as single film.
    I'm also not sure if Dark Victory as it is would really made a good film, having Dick's origin story start half way through the story results in a really odd story structure.

It is a pretty obscure story, but I think Batman: Outlaws could make for a pretty cool action packed film.
    The Long Halloween movie is supposedly going to be a two-parter.

Either they're adapting it as two parts or Dark Victory is the second one, since I don't think they need two movies for all of Long Halloween.

I think thematically Dark Victory works very well as a sort of "conclusion" to the story of Long Halloween.