Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    She isn't bulletproof though.
    Then can someone please explain to me how her invulnerability works?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    It changes from author to author really. When she most recently got shot, despite the bullet going through her torso, it didn't really hurt her too much.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    She's vulnerable to piercing and edged weapons but not blunt force trauma and fire.

Which means she can take a punch from Superman but is capable of being shot or stabbed.

She also has a quick healing factor that mitigates the damage. So depending on where it happens she can shake a gunshot off relatively easily in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    She's vulnerable to piercing and edged weapons but not blunt force trauma and fire.

Which means she can take a punch from Superman but is capable of being shot or stabbed.
    That doesn't really make sense.

Superman hits much harder than a bullet would. And bullets are not edged weapons anyway, you can't cut yourself on a bullet, it's the speed that makes it dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post

Superman hits much harder than a bullet would. And bullets are not edged weapons anyway, you can't cut yourself on a bullet, it's the speed that makes it dangerous.
    The big problems are that it's nonsensical (which can be wished away with 'she's magic,') and, more importantly, inconsistent.

In one month, she was shot twice; once in her own book, once in Justice League. In her own book, she was shot through the chest/heart and went down...for about two panels. And then she got up and took a few names.

In Justice League, she got hit with a ricochet bullet in the neck. Out cold, required emergency care, had to be rushed somewhere for help, etc.

She has, during her history, taken a swim in lava, taken a nuke point blank, been punched across the solar system by Superman, and out fought Zod and Faora at the same time.

Sadly, it's a mess

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I wish they would just firmly establish that she is immune to bullets, and uses the bracelets because the metal they are made out of robs bullets of their kinetic energy and they just fall harmlessly to the ground instead of ricocheting. Like Cap's shield, at least in his first movie.

It would be a more straightforward way of keeping the iconic Bullets and Bracelets without wondering why she needs to do it while supposedly being invulnerable like the Supers.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    The big problems are that it's nonsensical (which can be wished away with 'she's magic,') and, more importantly, inconsistent.

In one month, she was shot twice; once in her own book, once in Justice League. In her own book, she was shot through the chest/heart and went down...for about two panels. And then she got up and took a few names.

In Justice League, she got hit with a ricochet bullet in the neck. Out cold, required emergency care, had to be rushed somewhere for help, etc.

She has, during her history, taken a swim in lava, taken a nuke point blank, been punched across the solar system by Superman, and out fought Zod and Faora at the same time.

Sadly, it's a mess
    My understanding is that Wonder Woman was letting go of life as she was consumed with guilt over the nun's death, she thought her mission had been a failure, Diana was grappling with a loss of purpose. In other words, what almost killed Wonder Woman was not the bullet wound but rather the wound in her soul. When she regained her purpose, she just sprung back to life. I actually rather liked that story
    Last edited by VonHammersmark; 06-29-2019 at 09:08 AM.

Spectacular Member

I see her bulletproof. Golden age ww said she plays bullets & bracelets for fun

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I wish they would just firmly establish that she is immune to bullets, and uses the bracelets because the metal they are made out of robs bullets of their kinetic energy and they just fall harmlessly to the ground instead of ricocheting. Like Cap's shield, at least in his first movie.

It would be a more straightforward way of keeping the iconic Bullets and Bracelets without wondering why she needs to do it while supposedly being invulnerable like the Supers.
    I wouldn't even mind her using bracelets because getting shot stings annoyingly.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

This rears it's head every few months, it makes me sad people just can't accept the way things are and move forward. She's not bullet proof as Gaelforce mentioned in her post, whether it's nonsensical or not depends on the reader. Picking at a scab makes it worse. That's why despite Perez clearly showing Diana's soul in the Well of Souls people complained she had none and was a golem and that's how we got daddy Zeus. Changes are a slippery slope. I feel making her invulnerable invalidates bullets and bracelets and makes her just another Kryptonian and there's value in the differences.

This rears it's head every few months, it makes me sad people just can't accept the way things are and move forward. She's not bullet proof as Gaelforce mentioned in her post, whether it's nonsensical or not depends on the reader. Picking at a scab makes it worse. That's why despite Perez clearly showing Diana's soul in the Well of Souls people complained she had none and was a golem and that's how we got daddy Zeus. Changes are a slippery slope. I feel making her invulnerable invalidates bullets and bracelets and makes her just another Kryptonian and there's value in the differences.
    Being bullet proof is not unique to Kryptonians.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post

Bullets are pointed and pierce through flesh like arrows and swords which move at slower speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Being bullet proof is not unique to Kryptonians.
    True, it makes her like the Marvel Family too, I prefer Wonder Woman being unique.

True, it makes her like the Marvel Family too, I prefer Wonder Woman being unique.
    I mean, it's not like being vulnerable to bullets is something unique to her.