Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Assuming I'm just some random normal/baseline guy in the MU my picks are:

The Sentry/The Void: He's unpredictable and somewhat arbitrary in how he "balances" the scales.

The Lizard: He's just predator that hunts for people. I find him scarier than guys like Carnage, because Carnage typically just offs people. The Lizard can't be reasoned with and may not finish you off right away, not as a means to prolong your misery in and of itself. He might just be full and save parts of you for later.

Magneto: He's self assured in his righteousness, and adheres to a "frontline is everywhere" and ends justify the means philosophy.

The Kingpin: He will target you and your family over BS. If you #### with his money at all, he may view your entire friends and family network as disposable.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i have a hard time fearing Bullseye after American Eagle beat the brakes off of him.
    I think this is perfectly in tone with the narrative. A villain MUST be scary, terrifying, monstrous in the insed more than outside. Just so that when the hero challenge and defeat him it become all more satisfying. A story apart are those villains who have a sort of ambiguous duality, s ort of honorable likeable nature, those work better as foil for the hero, as they become his/her doppelganger, what they could be if they let themselves go for a different darker path.
    In the sotry above, the defeat of Bullseye is less his being not scary or weak, but American Eagle( a character that NEED more comic book presence) being a badass hero.
    Not unlike Luke Cage challenging Purple Man, or Silver surfer defying Galactus.

Carnage
    Sabretooth
    Wendigo
    Cassandra Nova
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member

For me as a wee lad, Carrion scared me. A Spider-Man Villain that can reduce organic matter to dust with just a touch.

The Boogey Man (Douglas Carmody)!!

Who is more scary than the Boogey Man???? Bawahahaha! He even a a long, thick trail of drool!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Hmmmm. Idk follow him as much, but I guess

Omega Red
    Carnage
    Frank Tierri (Weapon X vol 2) Sabretooth. The last good version of him before his 16 year stint joke villain.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-01-2019 at 02:08 PM.

The Gorgon.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    ...Wendigo...
    I was trying to make up my mind when I saw this and thought, "yup. There something double-extra hideous about a dude who's gonna literally eat you."

In a similar vein, Proteus from back in the day makes that list. You can never see him coming, and if his current body's getting stale, he might just decide to eject you from yours until he's burned it completely up too. What's more, part of what you are becomes part of him, so he's not just killing you, he's consuming you.

On a related note, Selene is pretty horrifying. Sucking the life out of you so she can keep going, with no more concern for you than most of us have for a french fry.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    The Boogey Man (Douglas Carmody)!!

Who is more scary than the Boogey Man???? Bawahahaha! He even a a long, thick trail of drool!
    So does my neighbor's dog.

On another note, Wendigo would be pants-crapping scary in real life. Strong enough to fight the Hulk. Fast and durable enough to go claw to claw with Wolverine.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 04-01-2019 at 03:12 PM.

The Dire Wraiths. There's something so disturbing about the way they drill into your brain and dissolve you. And then they use your face to sneak up on the people you love and do the same to them.

Baron Blood
    cap.jpg

Venom used to scare me as a child. I remember the first comic I read had a "dead" Eddie Brock laying on a table in a morgue, and as the autopsy began the symbiote squirted out of the incision and strangled the coroner.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Spectacular Member

Everyone forgot to put Mephisto in this list, he is the literal devil after all

Quote Originally Posted by Sectal View Post
    Everyone forgot to put Mephisto in this list, he is the literal devil after all
    He doesn't take his job too seriously.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    So does my neighbor's dog.
    Yeah, I saw him. Scary!