View Poll Results: How would you rate Wonder Woman's portrayal in this animated film?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★ - Loved seeing classic JL/U Diana again!

5 31.25%
  • ★★★★ - Liked her portrayal a lot!

3 18.75%
  • ★★★ - It was pretty cool, but I had a few issues with it.

5 31.25%
  • ★★ - I didn't like it.

3 18.75%
  • ★ - I hated Diana in this movie.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman in Justice League vs. The Fatal Five (Spoilers!)

Did anyone watch this movie yet?

I saw it yesterday and... I really didn't like Wonder Woman's portrayal. I hate to be one of those, but that sword looked hideous and out-of-place just hanging on her waist. Her "broke a nail" line was eyeroll-inducing (intentional or not), and she seemed to be too gung-ho about attacking her opponents rather than trying to talk things out and learn more.

On the bright side, this movie had far better action sequences than WB has been putting out the past few years. Wondy got some great action moments herself, so there's that.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Did anyone watch this movie yet?

I saw it yesterday and... I really didn't like Wonder Woman's portrayal. I hate to be one of those, but that sword looked hideous and out-of-place just hanging on her waist. Her "broke a nail" line was eyeroll-inducing (intentional or not), and she seemed to be too gung-ho about attacking her opponents rather than trying to talk things out and learn more.

On the bright side, this movie had far better action sequences than WB has been putting out the past few years. Wondy got some great action moments herself, so there's that.
    What did you expect from Bruce Tim? He don't understand WW

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

At least they fixed the costume.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Eh, I am one of those fans who like the sword. And the bad guys had already attacked and hurt one of her teammates (Superman) by then so I get not trying to talk to them first. On the other hand attacking Jessica a bit to get her to GL up was pretty bad.

Spectacular Member

I was excited when this project was announced. And then I saw the preview and that *&#!-ing sword. It's getting to be ridiculous now.

All-New Member

Nothing was worse than Batman's skeletor line.

Astonishing Member

I loved watching her put Pursuador in his place.
    Last edited by king81992; 04-02-2019 at 07:43 AM.

I haven't seen the movie yet but even watching the trailers, the sword seems really tacked on to the DCAU design.

I have no plans to watch it. The fatal 5 bore me to tears and I don’t consider them threat to the JLA. In regards to Diana, I’m sick of the sword being used.

I'm halfway through and liking it so far. Love when Diana fights using wrestling moves (the head grab flip was amazing) but by far my favorite is the lasso yo-yo punch thing she does! I need to see that in live action, been a fan since she used it against Superwoman in Crisis on 2 Earths. It's GREAT to see her looking like Wonder Woman again despite that stupid sword.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I haven’t seen it yet.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Finally saw it. Not a big fan of her characterization. She pulls out the sword in the middle of a city street and attacks Jessica Cruz in an attempt to make her step up to the plate. This seemed reckless and out of character.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Whenever Diana has a sword she's written terribly. It's the damn sword. Plus it really looked stupid with her classic costume.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Whenever Diana has a sword she's written terribly. It's the damn sword. Plus it really looked stupid with her classic costume.
    She wasn't written terribly when she had the sword in her film or when she had it in Rucka's first run. By contrast the DCAU and All Star Batman and Robin versions didn't use swords and were terribly written.

This movie was produced by Bruce Timm who's writing on Diana has never been particularly good. The sword isn't the problem. The people behind the movie are.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    She wasn't written terribly when she had the sword in her film or when she had it in Rucka's first run. By contrast the DCAU and All Star Batman and Robin versions didn't use swords and were terribly written.

This movie was produced by Bruce Timm who's writing on Diana has never been particularly good. The sword isn't the problem. The people behind the movie are.
    I could not possibly agree with this any more strongly than I do. The sword is just a sword, bad writing is bad writing with or without the sword.