Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Marvel announces 'The Devil's Due' --- a Spider-Man event coming summer 2019

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Arriving in early summer, Marvel has announced that Peter Parker will once again be facing off against Mephisto, the Prince of Lies, in the Spider-Man only event 'The Devil's Due.' Whether this event that will run through both AMAZING SPIDER-MAN and FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN over a period of 2 months will actually undo the infamous deal struck by Mephisto 11 years ago now--- you know, the one that effectively erased Peter Parker's marriage to Mary Jane---- remains to be seen. However, the fact Peter will face Mephisto again is a big deal and may portend a change (or reversal) in the wondrous web-swinger's status quo. Or maybe it won't! What we can say is Peter is nobody's "fool" and will be out for blood if he discovers just how Mephisto has toyed with his life and denied him his only chance at hap--... oops, we've already said too much! Read more at www.marvel.com

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xNzkvNzQyL2kwMi9NZXBoaXN0bzIuanBn.jpg

Wow! Now, as a fan of many Spidey writers like Dan and Nick, I sometimes get some tips from them. Don't quote me on this, but this event will reveal that TWO MARRIAGES were erased! That's right, a marriage to Betty from the Wolfman run was erased and the epic aftermath of this event will have Peter trying to choose a ring once and for all.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

That's the rumor I'm hearing too. This is crazy. Can't wait.

BANNED

Nope. It's not gonna reverse anything. If it was, it would have been promoted and built up more than HUNTED has been (built up for more than year), while this one is basically a two month event.

It will be impressive if this thing manages to somehow redeem the stain inflicted on Spider-Man by OMD and OMIT.

Nice April Fool's joke

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Nice April Fool's joke
    Someone's always gotta spoil the fun.

that art is wayyy old

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I’m just sad it didn’t get to be me.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Wow! Now, as a fan of many Spidey writers like Dan and Nick, I sometimes get some tips from them. Don't quote me on this, but this event will reveal that TWO MARRIAGES were erased! That's right, a marriage to Betty from the Wolfman run was erased and the epic aftermath of this event will have Peter trying to choose a ring once and for all.
    Are you sure it's only two marriages? I hear they're folding the House of M continuity in to bring back Gwen, so he'll have three marriages to choose among
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Nice April Fool's joke
    Yeah, anyone releasing actual news today would be a total idiot, as nobody should believe what you read on April 1st.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Good joke, but dude, did you have to pour salt in the wound? That being said, I would totally read this if it were a real thing.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I mean, you bolded out April 1 in your OP as well lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

*yawn* Nice try but next time pick a joke rumor that has some credibility. No way will the Spider-Marriage return while Big Joe is around.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Yeah, that's how I spotted it. Lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I have to be fair. My main intention was to have fun. Wanted people to play along more like the first few posters, instead of the guy who thought he was clever by announcing the obvious so soon lol.