Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,027

    Default Steel Hawk - Where else has he shown up?

    I've been reading the B.P.R.D: Plague of Frogs Volume 2 TPB collection and had noticed this was included in a file that Johann Kraus was looking through in B.P.R.D.: The Dead #3:


    There was also this page showing the Zinco Corporation private office of Landis Pope in B.P.R.D.: The Black Flame #2 (October 2005)

    If you notice, the bottom left-hand corner panel seems to show what may have been a metal collar that could have belonged to the Steel Hawk.

    Then, in Sledgehammer 44: Lightning War (2013-2014), there is a character referred to as "Herr Bergen" that comicvine seems to identify as the Steel Hawk.


    Are there other appearances for this character?
    Comicvine also seems to list an appearance in B.P.R.D.: The Black Goddess #1, but I haven't read that story yet.

  2. #2
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I've been reading the B.P.R.D: Plague of Frogs Volume 2 TPB collection and had noticed this was included in a file that Johann Kraus was looking through in B.P.R.D.: The Dead #3:


    There was also this page showing the Zinco Corporation private office of Landis Pope in B.P.R.D.: The Black Flame #2 (October 2005)

    If you notice, the bottom left-hand corner panel seems to show what may have been a metal collar that could have belonged to the Steel Hawk.

    Then, in Sledgehammer 44: Lightning War (2013-2014), there is a character referred to as "Herr Bergen" that comicvine seems to identify as the Steel Hawk.


    Are there other appearances for this character?
    Comicvine also seems to list an appearance in B.P.R.D.: The Black Goddess #1, but I haven't read that story yet.
    Yeah dude, he showed up alongside Bagha Yai to get smacked by the Lobster in the first issue of The Pirate’s Ghost.

  3. #3
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
    Yeah dude, he showed up alongside Bagha Yai to get smacked by the Lobster in the first issue of The Pirate’s Ghost.
    Went to check, and all there was is:

    a "blink and you miss it" moment.

    Since it seems the main story took for that arc place +/-1936 (no date printed in the story I'm aware of, though) and that tale involving Steel Hawk could have occurred well before the main story of "The Pirate's Ghost", where might Steel Hawk have been between then and his capture in September 1939?

  4. #4
    The Claw of Justice!
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    569

    Default

    His appearance in The Black Goddess is the same story as in the Pirate's Ghost - except Harry is telling it to somebody in 2009 (or whenever exactly The Black Goddess took place) instead of telling Cindy about it in 1936.
    "...puppets are scary, and puppets do things when people are sleeping, and they run around and get their own ideas about things." - Mike Mignola

    "…if you’ve been damaged, if you’ve been made lesser, if you’ve been reduced, and you’re still trying to do the right thing… that’s a #$%@ing hero." -John Arcudi

    @lobster20000 on Instagram

  5. #5
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Yeah it was ‘36. Given away by the Tarzan movie that was released that year.

  6. #6
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
    Yeah it was ‘36. Given away by the Tarzan movie that was released that year.
    There was also this in the story itself:


    1929 + 7 years = 1936.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •