Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Essential Non-FF and Non-X-Men Marvel Villains Not Yet Used in the MCU

I made a similar thread in the DC forum for the DCEU, but I figured why not make one for the Marvel side. Its trickier here, though, since the MCU has been around longer than the DCEU and has used a lot more of Marvel's iconic villains. However, there are obviously some that haven't popped up yet.

Obviously, there are the ones that have been been restricted because of the fact that Fox owned the rights up until now. So: Dr. Doom, Annihulus, Galactus, Magneto, Apocalypse, Mystique, Mister Sinister, Mole Man...pretty much all Fantastic Four and/or X-Men villains. But what about the ones not tied to either of those franchises?

Let's start. For me, it'd have to be:

- Amora the Enchantress
    - Veranke
    - Super Skull (that is, if we don't count him as an FF villain)
    - Spidey's rogues: i.e. Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Kraven, Hobgoblin, Venom, etc. (though a few of those may still be off-limits?)
    - The Leader (we saw Sam Sterns in Incredible Hulk and they even teased him becoming Leader, but they never did a sequel)
    - Kang the Conqueror
    - Taskmaster
    - Mephisto
    - High Evolutionary
    - Sin
    - Korvac
    - Blackheart
    - Immortus
    - U-Foes
    - Red Hulk

That's...all I can think of for right now.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 04-09-2019 at 04:40 PM.

BANNED

According to James Gunn, Kang the Conqueror was off-limits and tied to FF.

A good bunch of Dr. Strange bad guys weren't used, or not used yet: Nightmare (Derrickson's first choice before), Shuma-Gorath, D'Spayre (who is also a Thor bad guy).

Then MODOK hasn't been used, nor other members of the Masters of Evil like Mr. Hyde and Moonstone.

Taika Waititi wanted to feature Gorr the God Butcher, and also Jormungandr. So those are in the offing.

Madame Masque is an iconic Iron Man villain and also appeared in Hawkeye and other stories.

Hydra Cap.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Graviton, Mr. Hyde, and Madame Masque have been used in Agents Of SHIELD/Agent Carter, so they're not too likely to be showing up in the movies anytime.

These are also probably the other biggest villains that had appeared in those TV series already:
    Hive, Deathlok, Blizzard, Lorelei, Blackout, Glenn Talbot, Absorbing Man, Blacklash, Angar The Screamer, Lash, Hellfire, Madame Hydra, Nitro

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Madame Masque is an iconic Iron Man villain and also appeared in Hawkeye and other stories.
    She's actually already appeared in the MCU. She was in the Agent Carter TV series.

Fing Fang Foom
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    She's actually already appeared in the MCU. She was in the Agent Carter TV series.
    It would be pretty easy to reboot the character into the movies to be more comic-accurate. The MCU version was pretty much Madame Masque in name only.

Just make her Count Nefaria's daughter and go from there.

I could say the same for Madame Hydra to be honest. Now with the Fox deal they have the full rights to the exact version.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Hydra Cap.
    There's a little green in the blue of your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    There's a little green in the blue of your eyes.
    Wouldn't an Avengers movie ending with Hydra taking over Murica just kick all kinds of ass?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Grim Reaper
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Wouldn't an Avengers movie ending with Hydra taking over Murica just kick all kinds of ass?
    I think we're maybe a phase or two away from Hydra being the Big Bads again.

Maestro, Zodiac, Serpent Society, Flag-Smasher, Cul, Super-Adaptoid, Squadron Supreme

Incredible Member

-Lilith and her children, the Lilin.
    -Full on Leader.
    -A.I.M. still functioning, and grown quite the threat since Killian died in IRON MAN 3.
    -M.O.D.O.K.
    -A little on the obscure side, but introduced in Ed Brubaker's Winter Soldier arc in CAPTAIN AMERICA. The M.O.D.O.C.S.(Mobile Organisms Designed Only for Combat). Gave Cap quite the fight in their brief appearance. Always thought they would make some excellent muscle for A.I.M. to deploy against our heroes in a flick.
    -Baron Strucker. Too brief in Age of Ultron. With him so eager to turn himself in, wouldn't surprise me the guy we saw was actually a double made to look like old Wolfgang. Even brainwashed to believe he was. Left to surrender to throw the Avengers and authorities off his trail.

The Taskmaster

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be pretty easy to reboot the character into the movies to be more comic-accurate. The MCU version was pretty much Madame Masque in name only.

Just make her Count Nefaria's daughter and go from there.

I could say the same for Madame Hydra to be honest. Now with the Fox deal they have the full rights to the exact version.
    You could, but the only place I'd see her is in an Iron Man movie. And since they don't seem to be making another one, would there be a reason to reboot her?