View Poll Results: Superman Storylines you’d like to see adapted?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Multiversity

    10 26.32%
  • Exile

    15 39.47%
  • Secret Origin

    8 21.05%
  • Secret Identity

    10 26.32%
  • Lois & Clark (Introduce Jon)

    17 44.74%
  • Birthright

    10 26.32%
  • Speeding Bullets

    4 10.53%
  • New Krypton

    10 26.32%
  • Last Son

    10 26.32%
  • Death of Clark Kent

    8 21.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 60 of 60
  1. #46
    mutant and proud ermac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    147

    Default

    I'd love to see this Superman

    Superman-New-Look.jpg

  2. #47
    Mighty Member Adekis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I'd love to see this Superman

    Superman-New-Look.jpg
    Honestly, Truth and Savage Dawn were major league underrated. I don't see it happening anytime soon, but I'd be game for a version of that.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

  3. #48
    Mighty Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,866

    Default

    Wouldn’t be opposed to it, UtRH movie was waaaaaay better than the comic and there are some potentially good ideas in those arcs. I like Supes having to deal with going from the most popular hero to the least popular. I loved the Supercycle, T-shirt & jeans return, and street level focus. But I hated that it was Lois that outed him. If you could do an adaption that changed that part, or at least gave her a better reason for it, and didn’t make it all feel pointless in the end with a magic retcon to wipe everyone’s memory of Supes secret ID I would be interested in seeing an adaption.

  4. #49
    Mighty Member Adekis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wouldn’t be opposed to it, UtRH movie was waaaaaay better than the comic and there are some potentially good ideas in those arcs. I like Supes having to deal with going from the most popular hero to the least popular. I loved the Supercycle, T-shirt & jeans return, and street level focus. But I hated that it was Lois that outed him. If you could do an adaption that changed that part, or at least gave her a better reason for it, and didn’t make it all feel pointless in the end with a magic retcon to wipe everyone’s memory of Supes secret ID I would be interested in seeing an adaption.
    Yeah, I agree with all that. Truth was a game changer and DC didn't want that game changed. Can hardly blame them. It's got a really good core, with a hot mess wrapped around it, in a lot of ways, but I'd be invested in seeing the core adapted for sure.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

  5. #50
    Mighty Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    Secret Identity, Lois and Clark (introduce Jon) and Birthright.

  6. #51
    Mighty Member Adekis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Secret Identity, Lois and Clark (introduce Jon) and Birthright.
    I'd be interested in a version of Lois & Clark that doesn't revolve around Convergence and weird continuity changes?
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

  7. #52
    Mighty Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I'd be interested in a version of Lois & Clark that doesn't revolve around Convergence and weird continuity changes?
    In the Reborn timeline Intergang bombed the Kents apartment after learning Lois was planning on writing a book about them. Lois was pregnant with Jon so she and Clark went into hiding and Clark wore the Solar Suit during that time. I think that’s something that would’ve worked fine, a movie about Clark dealing with Blanque while Intergang tries to kill Lois.

  8. #53
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Yeah, I agree with all that. Truth was a game changer and DC didn't want that game changed. Can hardly blame them. It's got a really good core, with a hot mess wrapped around it, in a lot of ways, but I'd be invested in seeing the core adapted for sure.
    I'd be....potentially interested in the idea. Truth started out really strong, and Pak especially knocked that status quo out of the park......then something changed and it all fell to sh*t.

    But early on? Yeah, that was a really interesting idea worth exploring.

    I wouldn't even worry about "fixing" the events or doing Savage Dawn or whatever, just tell the story of Clark Kent dealing with the fallout of his identity being outed and his powers being drained. That's psychologically fascinating; the Superman who lost, literally, everything (the girl, the powers, the Fortress, his very sense of self, damn what a low point in life worthy of exploring!). But once it becomes just another convoluted, stupid plan by Savage, it loses me completely. Don't set it in the New52-ish DCAU where everything's interconnected, make it like an Elseworld, and really dig deep into the concept.

    Something like that I could get behind. A loyal adaptation? Hard pass. I'll watch the first twenty minutes on Youtube, since the rest will just be crap.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  9. #54
    Mighty Member Adekis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I wouldn't even worry about "fixing" the events or doing Savage Dawn or whatever, just tell the story of Clark Kent dealing with the fallout of his identity being outed and his powers being drained. That's psychologically fascinating; the Superman who lost, literally, everything (the girl, the powers, the Fortress, his very sense of self, damn what a low point in life worthy of exploring!). But once it becomes just another convoluted, stupid plan by Savage, it loses me completely. Don't set it in the New52-ish DCAU where everything's interconnected, make it like an Elseworld, and really dig deep into the concept.
    I never had so much against the Savage Dawn elements, but you know what? I can get behind that. Good ideas that aren't used to their fullest potential are still good ideas, and that's a great way to do it.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

  10. #55
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I never had so much against the Savage Dawn elements, but you know what? I can get behind that. Good ideas that aren't used to their fullest potential are still good ideas, and that's a great way to do it.
    I mean, Truth was falling apart before it just became a foolish Vandal plot, but what really annoyed me about the whole thing was how a different, interesting, (mostly) new story was derailed and turned into the basic bitch of comic book narratives.

    I'm all for the big bad villain having some weird, idiot multi-step plot. I mean, that's at least 60% of all comic stories. Normally I'd have been fine with Savage doing hatching some dumb scheme to screw with Superman. But Truth started out offering a chance to really do something different with the character, in ways we've never really seen explored. That shouldn't have been a standard "villain has a complex plan" story; all the truly interesting things happening in Truth got submerged so we could see Clark punch a bad guy. It was just a waste of a fascinating concept.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  11. #56
    Mighty Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,866

    Default

    What happened with Truth might have been a case of the infamous DC editorial telling the writers they couldn’t do their endgame that they had spent years planning, like what happened with New Krypton and apparently with Loeb’s Superman as well.

  12. #57
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11,790

    Default

    There were rumors to that effect back when Truth was starting to noticeably fall apart. Whether they were true I don't know, but given how heavy handed editorial was in the New52, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

    Still, there's enough stuff in the early issues that point towards the eventual Savage plot that I think even if the story got derailed, it wasn't completely changed around. Perhaps the creators were forced to rush it in time for Reborn, or editorial just wanted to wrap the story up faster than originally planned (it didn't get much love, even in the early issues). Who knows?
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  13. #58
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11,164

    Default

    There's been so many animated things that I've lost track and haven't watched most; however, I find that I almost never like the adaptations as much as the original comics and I don't have any interest in seeing the other adaptations that have been done.

    Nevertheless, I wonder if they've ever done an adaptation of the first Superman stories from 1938/39. That could be cool. And similar to that, I wonder if they've ever done continuations of the Fleischer cartoons--using the same visuals and tone. I know that BTAS was inspired by Fleischer, but strangely the Timm-verse Superman doesn't seem in the same style.
    I'm glad it's your birthday,
    Happy birthday to you,
    Paul McCartney

  14. #59
    Mighty Member stargazer01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,519

    Default

    I voted for Exile and Secret Identity because I want something different for the character. Those 2 stories are that.

    I really think Secret Identity could be an answer to Spider-Man into the Spiderverse in terms of creativity and imagination. And Exile could be adapted for a live action film. If only the WB creatives could find the inspiration.. hopefully some are looking at this forum for ideas.. :I

  15. #60
    Unapologetic Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Dark Dimension
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    I’d love to see Up, Up, and Away, as well as Camelot Falls adapted. Maybe Emperor Joker.
    ::Favorite Characters::

    \Psylocke/ \Meggan/ \Karma/
    *Misty Knight* *Daredevil* *Luke Cage* *Spider-Woman*
    >Wasp<>Doctor Strange<>Scarlet Witch<>Brother Voodoo<
    {Avengers}{Fantastic Four}{Alpha Flight}{X-Men}

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •