View Poll Results: Superman Storylines you’d like to see adapted?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Multiversity

10 26.32%
  • Exile

15 39.47%
  • Secret Origin

8 21.05%
  • Secret Identity

10 26.32%
  • Lois & Clark (Introduce Jon)

17 44.74%
  • Birthright

10 26.32%
  • Speeding Bullets

4 10.53%
  • New Krypton

10 26.32%
  • Last Son

10 26.32%
  • Death of Clark Kent

8 21.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Superman Stories You’d Like To See Get An Animated Film

We recently got the Death of Superman and Reign of the Supermen two parter and I generally enjoyed both films. It’s rumored that next year we’ll be getting an adaption of Red Son. With all that in mind I’d like to ask: What Superman stories would you like to see get an animated adaption? Given that DCEU Superman is on ice for the foreseeable future (probably to be rebooted down the line) and who knows when Superman will get a TV series or video game, animated movies might be the only outside media we Superman fans will get.

I made a poll with some of my favorite choices and others that I think are likely. Feel free to list others you would like to see that aren’t listed. I’m shocked to discover that they haven’t made a Superman origin film yet. I’d prefer to get an adaption of World Against Superman by Grant Morrison but it’s more likely that we’d get the Johns origin, especially since DCAMU Clark’s parents are alive.

One storyline I would love to see is Johns Superman and the Legion of Superheroes. I want to see a film with zero Batman or Lex Luthor and a focus on Clark’s relationships besides Lois.
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-01-2019 at 12:42 PM.

I went with Birthright, but only because you specified "animated." Superman: Secret Identity is definitely my go to wish for an adaptation, but it needs to be a live action prestige miniseries on like HBO or something.

I think that there is a lot of potential for a version of Lois & Clark set within the DCAU continuity they have set up with Death and Reign getting such good receptions. It'd be interesting to see a straight adaptation of that set within the continuity as opposed to the multiversal refugees we got in the comic.

Out of those listed, Multiversity. But honestly the ones I'd love to most see adapated aren't on this list at all. Most of all I'd love to see Morrison's Action Vol. 2. That'd be number one without a doubt.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

You could streamline Morrison's Action to fit as an origin with the DCAU continuity with the Kent's still being alive. Particularly if they only get into the first volume which would basically just be a Brainiac story without all the timey wimey stuff that comes later.

I haven't finished MAN AND SUPERMAN but I really like it so far. Feels fresh and relatable. More stories that explore the character as a real person, his deep thoughts, some insecurities, his dreams and desires about how to make a difference and how to use his powers for good in an environment that isn't as welcoming as he would like, but not so difficult for the people to learn to accept and appreciate him. Clark as a normal person trying to fit in like anybody else. His first days in Metropolis as a reporter trying to find a job and finally meeting Lois and Perry. Not sure how to end it, but in an inspiring and hopeful way clearly. This could be a great TV show.

Any way, voted for Exile, Secret Identity and Last Son.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 04-01-2019 at 01:16 PM.

BANNED

Alan Moore's Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?

I went with Birthright. I was thinking about the one with Jon, but they could do an animated series. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they have Lois find out she's pregnant or she's already pregnant in the next movie.

Birthright of those listed that I've read to date. Not listed and not likely, but good enough to be nominated a few times over, Man and Superman.

Unpopular opinion, but an Earth One Superman movie would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Out of those listed, Multiversity. But honestly the ones I'd love to most see adapated aren't on this list at all. Most of all I'd love to see Morrison's Action Vol. 2. That'd be number one without a doubt.
    I’d love that too, but once they decided the Kents were still alive my hopes of that happening dwindled. I’m shocked they never actually have made an animated Superman origin film yet. Maybe because they can’t shove Batman in it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    You could streamline Morrison's Action to fit as an origin with the DCAU continuity with the Kent's still being alive. Particularly if they only get into the first volume which would basically just be a Brainiac story without all the timey wimey stuff that comes later.
    Yeah honestly I still think you can adapt it, and since they already messed up an adaption of Johns Brainiac arc it’s probably the easiest “intro to Brainiac” arc they could do. But who knows if they’ll ever do it? I wish we had someone in there who was a Superman/Morrison fan.

Also just to reiterate guys, feel free to list stories you would like to see get adapted.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I chose Birthright just because it's perfect movie material. It's basically a Superman movie in book form. I would also love to see Secret Identity just because it's such a good story. But I think the art would be hard to adapt.
    Assassinate Putin!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

None of those.

I'd like Johns' SUPERMAN AND THE LEGION OF SUPERHEROES, Morrison's ACTION COMICS as a series of flicks, and a SUPERMAN/AQUAMAN team up flick with an original story. Bendis' stuff would rock too. A gritty flick with the Invisible Mafia and covert black ops stuff. A big, wide screen Superman against Rogol Zaar joint.

I'd also like a new spin on the DARING NEW ADVENTURES OF SUPERGIRL.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 04-01-2019 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    None of those.

I'd like Johns' SUPERMAN AND THE LEGION OF SUPERHEROES, Morrison's ACTION COMICS as a series of flicks, and a SUPERMAN/AQUAMAN team up flick with an original story.
    I’m honestly shocked at how little Clark and Arthur have interacted over the years. You would think they’d have a lot to relate to: Grew up ignorant of their identities, struggle with feeling a part of two worlds, occupy positions of respect and authority. I’d love to see them hanging out more.

Also yeah I’d love to see that LoSH story animated because it’s great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m honestly shocked at how little Clark and Arthur have interacted over the years. You would think they’d have a lot to relate to: Grew up ignorant of their identities, struggle with feeling a part of two worlds, occupy positions of respect and authority. I’d love to see them hanging out more.

Also yeah I’d love to see that LoSH story animated because it’s great stuff.
    Oh wow, yeah, a Superman / Aquaman movie would be awesome, and Superman & the Legion is my favorite Superman thing Johns ever wrote.

I voted for Multiversity, though frankly now that I think about it I don't know if it would even be possible to adapt it well in the 1 hr 15 min format.

I also voted for Exile which I think would be awesome, replacing the hard-ground "I DON'T KILL" with a more situational "I WON'T KILL", Last Son, but maybe replacing Chris with a version of Jon and keeping him around afterward. Otherwise, a version of Lois & Clark that doesn't rely on the Kents awkwardly hiding out as "the Whites" because there's another Lois Lane and another Clark Kent walking around, could be awesome. A broad adaptation, rather than a specific one.

On the side of stories that haven't been mentioned in the poll, I'd love to see Superman in a Bronze Age style story that doesn't shy away from Superman being ultra mega powerful, or a Golden Age style story where he's, you know, not. And wears a t-shirt. That'd be great. I'd love that.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Yeah I really want Exile so we can bring in Mongul and Warworld, but we do kind of need Zod’s Death. I think you could simplify that storyline down, borrowing from Crisis on Two Earths. Lex from another Earth comes to Earth to get Superman’s help beating Zod and the Kryptonians on his Earth. I want just Superman though no other Leaguers and no ******* Batman. Since it’s Lex he’s obviously working an angle or is responsible for the state of things which could form a B-plot of Supes having to beat alternate Zod while outthinking alternate Lex. Then do a sequel that’s an adaption of Exile.

Honestly I think for Last Son just have it be Jon AND Chris together. How does Jon react to having an adopted brother who is seemingly a full Kryptonian? Also I love Last Son because it shows how dangerous Lex, Metallo, and Parasite are when they go up against Kryptonians without Superman’s plot armor.

Exile and Multiversity for me, though by "Multiversity" I really mean Superman Beyond 3D.

What I really want is an adaptation of Morrison's Action run, specifically the first arc with the Collector.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.