View Poll Results: Superman Storylines you’d like to see adapted?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Multiversity

10 26.32%
  • Exile

15 39.47%
  • Secret Origin

8 21.05%
  • Secret Identity

10 26.32%
  • Lois & Clark (Introduce Jon)

17 44.74%
  • Birthright

10 26.32%
  • Speeding Bullets

4 10.53%
  • New Krypton

10 26.32%
  • Last Son

10 26.32%
  • Death of Clark Kent

8 21.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Secret Identity would make a wonderful big screen animated movie..

It surprises me than the list doesn't include Return to Krypton, either the original version or the 2000 version or an adaptation from both. That could be an interesting story to see animated. Superman and the Legion is also a good option to animate.
    Either way I voted Multiversity , Exile and Speeding bullets. We already have enough origin stories to enjoy.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Man of Steel miniseries (John Byrne) & Alan Moore and Curt Swan's Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    It surprises me than the list doesn't include Return to Krypton, either the original version or the 2000 version or an adaptation from both. That could be an interesting story to see animated. Superman and the Legion is also a good option to animate.
    Either way I voted Multiversity , Exile and Speeding bullets. We already have enough origin stories to enjoy.
    Sorry man I tried to pick ones I wanted to see and ones I thought were likely, but I wouldn’t mind seeing Return to Krypton. I just hope we don’t have to wait too long to get the next Superman movie.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Ive got quite a few I’d like to see. The Electric Blue era, Time & Time Again, Kurse of the Krimson Kryptonite, Fall of Metropolis, Fire in the Sky, just to name a few.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Ive got quite a few I’d like to see. The Electric Blue era, Time & Time Again, Kurse of the Krimson Kryptonite, Fall of Metropolis, Fire in the Sky, just to name a few.
    I’m embarrassed I didn’t include Time and Time Again. Phenomenal story, although would it only work as a standalone do you think?

Secret Origin, Last Son and Lois & Clark from that list.

I would also like 'For the Man Who Has Everything' to get an adaption. I know it was already adapted on Justice League Unlimited. But another (more faithful) adaptation would be nice. As well as 'Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?'.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sorry man I tried to pick ones I wanted to see and ones I thought were likely, but I wouldn’t mind seeing Return to Krypton. I just hope we don’t have to wait too long to get the next Superman movie.
    Don't worry. I also hope the same.
    I must confesse than I would like to see Return to Krypton animated because is Back to the future but with Superman.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I'd love a bunch of these!

Exile would be high on the list, but I don't know if I have confidence that they can do it right.

Action vol 2 would be great, and I have another thought with that... they should keep more of these stories separated into their various universes, tell several of them and establish them.. and then lead that into multiversity/etc.

We've seen so many team-up shows at this point, some multiversal team-ups would be something right up DC's alley.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m embarrassed I didn’t include Time and Time Again. Phenomenal story, although would it only work as a standalone do you think?
    Yeah, I think a Time and Time Again movie could work as a standalone. Superman on tour of the DCU's history. You'd probably have to simplify some of the Legion stuff to remove references to the Pocket Universe, possibly replacing it with references to a story more like Superman and the Legion, probably change it so that Linear Man doesn't blow up the moon, add some focus on Superman's fight with Dev-Em... but overall I think that the JSA story, the Nazi story, the Camelot story... it's all over the place, but in a way that's basically a "greatest hits of DC's non 20th/21st century characters", and I think that could be a really fun movie. I'd absolutely love to watch a Time and Time Again movie.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Astonishing Member

The problem with a lot of the ones listed (and the Morrison Action) is that they are origins of one sort or another (Birthright, Secret Identity. Speeding Bullets, Secret Origin). I thought that next to killing Superman or turning him evil, the next trope we were all sick of was "origin stories".

That being the case, I nominate some Silver/Bronze age stuff they could adapt and update:

Lexor: A trilogy. Lex forcing a battle on Superman in a place Superman has no powers. Lex returns to same place after a later downfall to find that he is a hero to the inhabitants and finds romance. Lex and Superman have second battle which results in Lex losing his family and the entire civilization.

Nightwing & Flamebird: Superman and Jimmy Olsen become the Dynamic Duo of a Kryptonian city. Could use time-travel to combine in "Superman's Return to Krypton" elements if they thought Kandor was too complicated.

The Sand Superman Saga.

BANNED

I picked the Death of Clark Kent, and I thought of that one before even seeing the poll option. I really dig Kenny Braverman and was upset that he wasn't Whitney in Smallvile. That was a missed opportunity, in my opinion. All you would have had to have done was change the character's name to Kenny Braverman, and then he could have come back at some time as Conduit when Clark was fighting through his rogues. Would've been great.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

If there have animated series,then I will chose new krypton.This story digging krypton's from many facets.Like religion,technology,social structure.And also in a world without superman story,we could see legion of super-heroes,superman family,mon-el,captain atom.......
    But unfortunately,supes maybe haven't animated series for next many years...................
    Same reason to multiversity,it's require not just one animated film to complete it's whole story
    So,I will chose birthright.Considering it's movie time length(1 hour maybe),It should be satisfied to telling the story
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 04-02-2019 at 06:50 AM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Yeah, I think a Time and Time Again movie could work as a standalone. Superman on tour of the DCU's history. You'd probably have to simplify some of the Legion stuff to remove references to the Pocket Universe, possibly replacing it with references to a story more like Superman and the Legion, probably change it so that Linear Man doesn't blow up the moon, add some focus on Superman's fight with Dev-Em... but overall I think that the JSA story, the Nazi story, the Camelot story... it's all over the place, but in a way that's basically a "greatest hits of DC's non 20th/21st century characters", and I think that could be a really fun movie. I'd absolutely love to watch a Time and Time Again movie.
    Seconded! Holy crap yes - "Time and Time Again" would make a great standalone animated movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    The problem with a lot of the ones listed (and the Morrison Action) is that they are origins of one sort or another (Birthright, Secret Identity. Speeding Bullets, Secret Origin). I thought that next to killing Superman or turning him evil, the next trope we were all sick of was "origin stories".

That being the case, I nominate some Silver/Bronze age stuff they could adapt and update:

Lexor: A trilogy. Lex forcing a battle on Superman in a place Superman has no powers. Lex returns to same place after a later downfall to find that he is a hero to the inhabitants and finds romance. Lex and Superman have second battle which results in Lex losing his family and the entire civilization.

Nightwing & Flamebird: Superman and Jimmy Olsen become the Dynamic Duo of a Kryptonian city. Could use time-travel to combine in "Superman's Return to Krypton" elements if they thought Kandor was too complicated.

The Sand Superman Saga.

I think the only reason the origins are fine in the animated is that people see them as separate; in keeping with the "your favorite stories come to life" kinda thing. That's not the same as that being a new origin for a new movie or something, if that makes any sense.

Brilliant idea for some Bronze age and Silver Age stories, though! That rarely gets touched on, but there's a lot of great stuff in there.

As a matter of fact, a proper Golden Age one wouldn't be bad - covering the first arcs of Superman ever.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Animated films are different - there hasn't once been a Superman origin animated film.