Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Default 7th Annual Secret Ballot: Most Wanted Marvel Omnibus

It's that time of year that Tigereyes is starting the Most Wanted Marvel Omnibus Ballot. Below is the link to his original post on the MMW forum and his message. I suppose we can bump this thread to keep it relevant.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...bu-t34539.html

Hello everyone, friends new and old, it's that time of the year-- the one where everyone pleads their cases and casts their SECRET ballots for the Most Wanted Marvel Omnibus. This past year saw quite a few selections make it to fruition including

Conan
    Infinity War
    Avengers Omnibus 4
    Ditko Monsterbus
    Amazing Spider-Man by JMS
    X-Force Volume 3 (and Cable)
    Amazing Spider-Man Volume 4
    Thanos War Omnibus (Cosmic by Starlin)
    Namor by John Byrne.

9 Books will see the light of day by the years end, and that means a minimum of 9 new entries on the Most Wanted List.

How it works...Just rank your ten choices from number 1--(your most wanted) through number 10 and then send them to me in an email.

Your 1st place vote is worth 10 points, 2nd place gets 9 points.... and your 10th place vote is worth 1 point.

1. 10 points
    2. 9 points
    3. 8 points
    4. 7 points
    5. 6 points
    6. 5 points
    7. 4 points
    8. 3 points
    9. 2 points
    10. 1 point

By creating a separate email account it allows for more inclusion, for those who lurk, and for those who can reach out to others whom have comic based podcasts or websites, comic shops, or even other friends who want to partake. I am striving to maintain a minimum of 200+ voters but honestly would love to catapult the number of participants to the next level. The more votes we get, the better our sample. PLEASE TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW ABOUT THE POLL.

Please send your votes to MarvelOmniSecretBallot@gmail.com.

Please bump the thread once you have voted, so the link stays on the front page.

Please be as specific as possible in your choices... If you want an Thunderbolts Omnibus...Do you want Busiek, Nicieza, Ellis, or Way.

Most importantly, this is a SECRET ballot, do not post your complete list on the thread as it does take the fun out of it a bit. If you would like to nominate something that did not make the TOP 50 last year so it jogs people's memories, I will allow for that.

Happy Casting!!!

Last Day to Vote will be Midnight Eastern time on April 13th 2018

If you're not sure what to vote for here are last year's final Top 60:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv....html#p1044367

YES!!! Working on my list now.

If anyone has any suggestions, fire away. My proposition for today:

Daredevil by Charles Soule

IMHO, one of the best Daredevil runs. If you haven't yet read it, it's well worth it. It takes a few issues to get going but the wait pays off. This would ideally fit into two Omnibuses as there will be 50+ issues with one shots, a little crossover (Deadpool + PM/IF) and a couple of mini-series (Punisher + Hunt For Wolverine), but I reckon voting for it as one will keep it simple.

Astonishing Member

Just sent in my list. I like the more obscure stuff, so it was unchanged from last year.

Mighty Member

X-Force and Thanos War were on my list, and I think it's probably not worth the effort to push for more Spider-man vs [Villain] collections, so I'll need to come up with three new ones. Kind of leaning towards adding Bill Mantlo's Spectacular Spider-man run, but I'll have to think about it
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

I like some obscure stuff. Hence, my nomination for the day:

CAPTAIN BRITAIN & MI 13 / REVOLUTIONARY WAR OMNIBUS
    Captain Britain & MI 13 #1-15
    Captain Britain & MI 13 Annual #1
    Revolutionary War (Part 1): Alpha
    Revolutionary War (Part 2): Dark Angel
    Revolutionary War (Part 3): Knights of Pendragon
    Revolutionary War (Part 4): Death’s Head II
    Revolutionary War (Part 5): Super Soldiers
    Revolutionary War (Part 6): Motormouth
    Revolutionary War (Part 7): Warheads
    Revolutionary War (Part 8): Omega
    And possibly Excalibur (2001) Sword of Power #1-4

Mighty Member

I bet I don't get a lot of love for this, but I think this is the "right" way to fill in the omnis for ASM*, so I thought I'd toss it out here:

Spider-Man: Prelude to the Clone Saga (It could also be called "Peter's really angry phase": ASM 381-393, SSM 204-216, WoSM 104-116, SM 38-50

Basically fill in everything between Maximum Carnage (which needs an OHC a la X-Cutioner's Song, X-Tinction Agenda, etc. to fill in between omni releases) and the Clone Saga. It works well in concert with a hypothetical Michelinie/Bagley ASM omni and a DeMatteis/Buscema SSM** omni.

*You need ASM v5 and v6 to get to the beginning of the Stern omni, I think, then the Alien Costume omni (collecting the two thick trades) follows Stern, Black Costume omni to fill in between there and MacFarlane, Bagley to fill in between Larsen and Maximum Carnage, Prelude to the Clone Saga

**While I'm sure everyone wants SSM omnis to start at v1 and just work forward, I kind of think working backwards - DeMatteis, to Conway, to David might make as much sense
    Last edited by bob.schoonover; 04-02-2019 at 05:18 AM.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

My list has been emailed.

I'd like to remind some that since Ghost Rider Bronze Age(Blaze) is now being done via MMW that you probably shouldn't waste a spot on that Omni now. We are likely to get that Omni some 3+ years from now with any luck though.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    I bet I don't get a lot of love for this, but I think this is the "right" way to fill in the omnis for ASM*, so I thought I'd toss it out here:

Spider-Man: Prelude to the Clone Saga (It could also be called "Peter's really angry phase": ASM 381-393, SSM 204-216, WoSM 104-116, SM 38-50

Basically fill in everything between Maximum Carnage (which needs an OHC a la X-Cutioner's Song, X-Tinction Agenda, etc. to fill in between omni releases) and the Clone Saga. It works well in concert with a hypothetical Michelinie/Bagley ASM omni and a DeMatteis/Buscema SSM** omni.

*You need ASM v5 and v6 to get to the beginning of the Stern omni, I think, then the Alien Costume omni (collecting the two thick trades) follows Stern, Black Costume omni to fill in between there and MacFarlane, Bagley to fill in between Larsen and Maximum Carnage, Prelude to the Clone Saga

**While I'm sure everyone wants SSM omnis to start at v1 and just work forward, I kind of think working backwards - DeMatteis, to Conway, to David might make as much sense
    These would all be great Omnibuses and I would pick them all up even though I have the majority of the early stuff in MMWs. I do hope we see the Ben Reilly Vol. 2 Omnibus solicited shortly.

In the past I've voted for the below two Spidey Omnibuses:

Amazing Spider-Man by Tom DeFalco (#251-285, Annuals)

Amazing Spider-Man by David Michelinie & Mark Bagley (ASM # 351-377, 381-389 & Annuals)

Let's fill in the gap between Captain America (SA) Vol.2 Omnibus and the Cap Kirby Omnibus with Captain America Vol. 3 Omnibus (#149-192, Annuals).

This would be very cool to see happen.

Working on my list but having trouble coming up with 10 brand new omnibuses.

...I keep wanting to include the handful of re-prints I want

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post

Crushing Krisis has done a lot of the legwork for you.

https://crushingkrisis.com/2017/04/2...bus-2012-2015/
    https://crushingkrisis.com/2017/05/8...-2008-to-2012/
    https://crushingkrisis.com/2017/05/1...-1998-to-2008/
    https://crushingkrisis.com/2017/05/1...ses-1990-1997/
    https://crushingkrisis.com/2017/05/1...ses-1981-1989/

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post

Hmmm, I have about 15 Omnibus wants

Unfortunately, any nominated reprints will be discarded. I too have a couple of reprint hopes. One never knows, we've received quite a few reprints over the last several years

Astonishing Member

I emailed my most wanted Marvel Omnibus list.Last year when i voted for the first time,i had Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol.4 at the first place.