Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member

My Top 10:

1-AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VOLUME 5 (5)
    2-HULK by PETER DAVID Vol.1 (3)
    3-SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN by DEMATTEIS (19)
    4-FANTASTIC FOUR SILVER AGE VOLUME 4 (4)
    5-SHE-HULK by BYRNE (26)
    6- NEW MUTANTS VOLUME 1 (2)
    7-Doctor Strange by Roger Stern. The only Omnibus that i voted that was not in the Top 60.
    8-THUNDERBOLTS by BUSIEK (13)
    9-GHOST RIDER by MACKIE (45)
    10-DAREDEVIL by NOCENTI VOLUME 1 (17)

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DEFINITE PURCHASES:

#60 CAPTAIN BRITAIN AND THE MI13 - CB is my second favourite character after Daredevil
    #56 CAPTAIN AMERICA by MARK GRUENWALD
    #51 SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN VOLUME 1 - I started collecting the MMWs, but I'll succumb and get the Omni
    #47. WEST COAST AVENGERS V4 - I have the first three
    #46. BEN REILLY V2
    #44. DAREDEVIL by CHARLES SOULE - One of my favourite Daredevil runs, great stuff.
    #41. IRON MAN by DAVID MICHELINIE
    #39 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN by DAN SLOTT VOLUME 1 - The beginning of Slott's run was pretty great, after Superior it went downhill
    #34 DAREDEVIL (SILVER AGE) VOLUME 2 - I have the MMWs, but Daredevil oversized is a must
    #33 NEW AVENGERS VOLUME 2
    #29 AVENGERS OMNIBUS VOLUME 5
    #25 SILVER SURFER OMNIBUS by ENGLEHART - One of my favourite heroes, probably the most noblest
    #22 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN by DEFALCO VOL 1
    #19 (TIE) SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN by DEMATTEIS
    #17 DAREDEVIL by NOCENTI VOLUME 1 - not a big fan of the run, but it's Daredevil
    #16 CAPTAIN AMERICA (SILVER AGE) VOL 3
    #11 AVENGERS by ROGER STERN
    #9 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN by MICHELINIE AND BAGLEY
    #5 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VOLUME 5 - Spidey comes a close third in my favourite characters and I have all his Omnis
    #4 FANTASTIC FOUR SILVER AGE VOLUME 4

POSSIBLE PURCHASES:

#59 INVADERS
    #57 (TIE) MARVEL TEAM UP - I have all Vols 1-4 in the MMW, but I may end up getting the Omnis
    #54 ULTIMATES by AL EWING
    #50. SPIDER-GIRL V1
    #43. CAPTAIN MARVEL by PETER DAVID
    #41. IRON MAN by DAVID MICHELINIE
    #37 SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN - I have all the OHCs, but I may upgrade
    #36 ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN by BENDIS VOLUME 2 - I have all the OHCs, but I may upgrade
    #32 INFINITY CRUSADE
    #26 (TIE) WOLVERINE by HAMA
    #24 DEFENDERS
    #19 (TIE) HOUSE OF M
    #15 MOON KNIGHT
    #13 THUNDERBOLTS by BUSIEK
    #10 ROMNIBUS
    #8 THOR GOD OF THUNDER by AARON
    #3 HULK by PETER DAVID
    #1 UNCANNY X-MEN VOLUME 4

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    #10 ROMNIBUS
    #7 EXCALIBUR VOLUME 1
    #6 DR. STRANGE (SILVER AGE) VOLUME 2
    #5 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VOLUME 5
    #3 HULK by PETER DAVID
    #2 NEW MUTANTS VOLUME 1
    I would buy all 9 of these...except Romnibus and that is because there is no legal reason to believe we'll see that. IDW is/has done ROM recently and with Marvel having Star Wars I can't see them reacquiring ROM.

My Top 10 submissions:
    1. The Incredible Hulk vol. 2 (Silver Age) - #21
    2. Wolverine vol. 2 - just missed
    3. Invincible Iron Man vol. 3 (Silver Age) - #27
    4. New Avengers by Bendis vol. 2 - #33
    5. New Warriors vol. 2 - #45
    6. Captain America vol. 3 (Silver Age) - #16
    7. Daredevil vol. 2 (Silver Age) - #34
    8. Doctor Strange vol. 2 (Silver Age) - #6
    9. Moon Knight vol. 1 (Bronze Age) - #15
    10. Punisher vol. 1 (Modern Age, 80s run) - #57

My next 5 that I debated on for this list fared well also.
    1. Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme vol. 3
    2. Alpha Flight vol. 2 - #30
    3. Guardians of the Galaxy vol.2 (90s run)
    4. Avengers West Coast vol. 4 - #47
    5. Fantastic Four vol. 4 (Silver Age) I plan to add this on the 2020 ballot as it'll be tied to a new movie. #4

I notice that Guardians of the Galaxy by Bendis vol.2 also didn't chart. Have we all collectively accepted that Bendis vol.2s just aren't going to happen and maybe that is why we aren't getting the DD reprints either, they'd have to reprint a vol.2?!! LOL!
    No GotG collection charted this year and that is odd...or have they done just about all of it minus the Bendis vol.2?
    Last edited by Captain Craig; 04-22-2019 at 07:44 AM.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I'm a sucker for Omnibus! I'd definitely buy Uncanny X-Men vol4, Avengers by Stern, Spec Spider by DeMatteis, Silver Surfer by Englehart, X-Men Legacy by Carey and X-Force by Kyle/Yost.

Maybe Submariner's, Superior Spiderman's and Defenders'

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    #10 ROMNIBUS
    #7 EXCALIBUR VOLUME 1
    #6 DR. STRANGE (SILVER AGE) VOLUME 2
    #5 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VOLUME 5
    #3 HULK by PETER DAVID
    #2 NEW MUTANTS VOLUME 1

For me, almost all of the top 10 would be insta-buys. Not sure about the Hulk run (of which an omnibus has now been confirmed), as I don't know if I'd find a whole run on him interesting. Also I don't know anything about Rom.

First and foremost, I hope Marvel finally takes a look at this list and gives us the number 1 for the last years, i.e. UXM 4.

Fantastic Member

Coming very late to this party (since I just recently saw this post), but here are my choices for Omnis - note I know this list has already been compiled - but, since these are all wishful thinking anyway, here it is. Note most of these are for licensed material that will almost certainly never be reprinted - but, again, one can hope :

-ROM, Spaceknight - I'm obviously a ROM fan, and it's a shame that rights issues?! have tied up this incredible series. What makes this even more egregious is that this ROM comic - though based on a toy - was essentially a MU character. I.e., Marvel created the back story, the dire wraiths, etc. Also, ROM was very much entrenched in the MU to the point that there were numerous Marvel guest stars in the series over the years. If a ROMnibus were to ever miraculously occur, the various Annuals, cross-overs, etc. should also be included here - especially since they were kept out of other reprints in the past (notably, I remember a Power Man & Iron Fist Epic collection from several years back which didn't include a relevant ROM appearance, and that's just one example).

- Micronauts - incredible series. This also hasn't been reprinted by Marvel in years (since the '80's), presumably also because of rights issues. Though the entire series is excellent, the early Michael Golden-drawn issues are especially impressive.

- King Conan: Though I know Marvel is Omni-busing (if that's a word) CTB & Savage Sword (b&w mag.), not sure whether KC will ever be Omnibused. If not, it should be. Great series!

- Battlestar Galactica (1978-1980; Marvel) - because of rights issues, not sure if this will ever be Omnied either. However, this was a great series that - IMHO - was actually better than the TV show. Walt Simonson did some great early work towards the end of this series - but the whole series was well-done.

-Planet of the Apes b&w magazine (1970's) - Another company reprinted these recently, and I wasn't happy with the results. These CE's feature missing covers, missing pages, etc. Marvel really need to take this license back & give this great series the royal treatment. I.e., the magazines should be reprinted in their entirety, chronologically (not sure about the articles, though) with all of the covers, pages, etc. intact.

-Godzilla (Marvel): This has never been reprinted in color, and should be.

- Shogun Warriors (Marvel) - ditto

-Red Sonja (Marvel) - not sure if Marvel has ever reprinted this series. Dynamite?! did some sub-par Trades years ago, but these were not that great.

-Star Trek (Marvel, 1980-1982): This is a very underrated ST comic series, set after the events in ST: The Motion Picture - but, don't hold that against this series - LOL. This did get reprinted by another comic company years ago, but the reprints were sub-par & didn't appear to be remastered. So, it would be nice to get the series in a stand-alone Omni - reprinting all 18 issues.

-The 'Nam - excellent war comic. The were three Trades in the early 20XX's, but they only reprinted a portion of the series. I would really like to see this series reprinted in it's entirety - and several Omnis would be the best way to do this.
    Last edited by ROM Spaceknight; 08-20-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ROM Spaceknight View Post
    Coming very late to this party (since I just recently saw this post), but here are my choices for Omnis - note I know this list has already been compiled - but, since these are all wishful thinking anyway, here it is. Note most of these are for licensed material that will almost certainly never be reprinted - but, again, one can hope :

-ROM, Spaceknight - I'm obviously a ROM fan, and it's a shame that rights issues?! have tied up this incredible series. What makes this even more egregious is that this ROM comic - though based on a toy - was essentially a MU character. I.e., Marvel created the back story, the dire wraiths, etc. Also, ROM was very much entrenched in the MU to the point that there were numerous Marvel guest stars in the series over the years. If a ROMnibus were to ever miraculously occur, the various Annuals, cross-overs, etc. should also be included here - especially since they were kept out of other reprints in the past (notably, I remember a Power Man & Iron Fist Epic collection from several years back which didn't include a relevant ROM appearance, and that's just one example).

- Micronauts - incredible series. This also hasn't been reprinted by Marvel in years (since the '80's), presumably also because of rights issues. Though the entire series is excellent, the early Michael Golden-drawn issues are especially impressive.

- King Conan: Though I know Marvel is Omni-busing (if that's a word) CTB & Savage Sword (b&w mag.), not sure whether KC will ever be Omnibused. If not, it should be. Great series!

- Battlestar Galactica (1978-1980; Marvel) - because of rights issues, not sure if this will ever be Omnied either. However, this was a great series that - IMHO - was actually better than the TV show. Walt Simonson did some great early work towards the end of this series - but the whole series was well-done.

-Planet of the Apes b&w magazine (1970's) - Another company reprinted these recently, and I wasn't happy with the results. These CE's feature missing covers, missing pages, etc. Marvel really need to take this license back & give this great series the royal treatment. I.e., the magazines should be reprinted in their entirety, chronologically (not sure about the articles, though) with all of the covers, pages, etc. intact.

-Godzilla (Marvel): This has never been reprinted in color, and should be.

- Shogun Warriors (Marvel) - ditto

-Red Sonja (Marvel) - not sure if Marvel has ever reprinted this series. Dynamite?! did some sub-par Trades years ago, but these were not that great.

-Star Trek (Marvel, 1980-1982): This is a very underrated ST comic series, set after the events in ST: The Motion Picture - but, don't hold that against this series - LOL. This did get reprinted by another comic company years ago, but the reprints were sub-par & didn't appear to be remastered. So, it would be nice to get the series in a stand-alone Omni - reprinting all 18 issues.

-The 'Nam - excellent war comic. The were three Trades in the early 20XX's, but they only reprinted a portion of the series. I would really like to see this series reprinted in it's entirety - and several Omnis would be the best way to do this.
    Are you referring to the oversized HC Archive editions from BOOM? I've been eyeing these but have heard various comments. It would be fantastic if Marvel obtained the rights at some point and put out some Omnibuses.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Are you referring to the oversized HC Archive editions from BOOM? I've been eyeing these but have heard various comments. It would be fantastic if Marvel obtained the rights at some point and put out some Omnibuses.
    Yes. Here is a thread that discusses these POTA Archives in more detail:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...0679-s360.html

One of the many issues I have with these reprints is that they are not being reprinted chronologically. I.e., they're taking select stories from the magazine & putting them together in the Archives (i.e., the TOTPOTA storyline, the movie adaptations, etc.) and as a result, stories are missing, covers are missing, etc. It would have been far better to have reprinted these mags. as they originally appeared, with all of the stories in each issue intact, etc. - i.e., similar to the recent Deadly Hands of Kung Fu & Savage Sword of Conan Omnibuses (Marvel), which also reprinted '70's black & white magazines.
    Last edited by ROM Spaceknight; 08-21-2019 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ROM Spaceknight View Post
    Yes. Here is a thread that discusses these POTA Archives in more detail:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...0679-s360.html

One of the many issues I have with these reprints is that they are not being reprinted chronologically. I.e., they're taking select stories from the magazine & putting them together in the Archives (i.e., the TOTPOTA storyline, the movie adaptations, etc.) and as a result, stories are missing, covers are missing, etc. It would have been far better to have reprinted these mags. as they originally appeared, with all of the stories in each issue intact, etc. - i.e., similar to the recent Deadly Hands of Kung Fu & Savage Sword of Conan Omnibuses (Marvel), which also reprinted '70's black & white magazines.
    Thanks for the link. I definitely will not be picking up the BOOM OHCs after reading about the missing pages (4 from one story, 2 from another). Those are very BIG mistakes. I do hope that Marvel get the rights. I can wait.