Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Either it's done well or it's done badly. That's the only limit.
    Not necessarily. Everything adds something to the story/character development. Our heroes having flaws and not being completely infallible is what makes them worth reading about.

I like for characters to change, I think the stories need it to move forward because it is natural for characters to grow in response to major events that happen to them, or just to better suit the times, and they feel more well rounded as a result because real people change too. If they are just stuck in place forever, it gets dull, we don't need to see the same thing over and over. But i prefer that it happen with a good story accompanying it, it is the story that will determine how big a change i find acceptable or not. If it's a story that's good and has good reasoning behind the change, bring it on, if it's just out of the blue... not so much. That being said, there are limits, each character has certain essence to them that should be preserved, but i think this still leaves a fair bit of wiggle room. but it's really hard to define, because it will vary from character to character and story to story. There is no single answer.
    Last edited by Raye; 04-15-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    In comparison, Captain America being an agent of Hydra I didn't think went as well for a change. It wasn't fluid.
    I disagree. This was really awesome. The ultimate symbol of patriotism joining the ultimate symbol of evil made for such great stories.