Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Yes and No.

Yes, because Multiversity does contain a lot of the elements that can be shared with Spider Verse.

No, because Multiversity is a self contain short story. One of the biggest elements of into the spider verse was the expansion of that universe due to the comic book criteria already created.

Multiversity doesn't have that expansion. So unless DC decided to do a Calvin Ellis or Val Zod solo series, they would be stuck after possibly the first movie.

Ultimately, there isn't much content to play with like with Spider Verse. So their chopped at the legs if it became successful.
    Multiversity as a concept and concept is very expansive unto itself. That's kind of the point of it.

I think a feature-length film would probably have tons to draw from or expand on if the creators so chose. It's a movie about the DC Multiverse after all .

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I only accept a Super-verse movie if includes the Sunshine Superman:

Hell's yes.

Wait, you're picture is val zod but you mentioned calvin ellis, are you talking about mixing the two characters together into one? That would be interesting lol.
    Yeah, I think it'd be best to wrap elements of Calvin Ellis, Val Zod and Sunshine Superman all up into one character, who all have distinct flavors within the Multiverse, but any multimedia version of him would be a hybrid because he's going to be viewed as "The Black Superman" by the larger media anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Multiversity as a concept and concept is very expansive unto itself. That's kind of the point of it.

I think a feature-length film would probably have tons to draw from or expand on if the creators so chose. It's a movie about the DC Multiverse after all .
    The Multiverse allows for everything to be on the table. Each sequel should be distinct. The Spider-Verse movies will do the same thing if they're smart.

Astonishing Member

While true, I'm just stating that there isn't much material to expand upon written in the comics. While the concept itself is very expansive, we know that the movie area likes to take a lot of cues from their comic book counterparts. So if Super Verse received a similar level of success as Spider Verse, they don't have two ongoing series to draw content from like they do with Miles Morales and Spider Gwen.

While true, I'm just stating that there isn't much material to expand upon written in the comics. While the concept itself is very expansive, we know that the movie area likes to take a lot of cues from their comic book counterparts. So if Super Verse received a similar level of success as Spider Verse, they don't have two ongoing series to draw content from like they do with Miles Morales and Spider Gwen.
    I think the Multiversity story by Morrison definitely has enough content for a movie, and he's said he's going to eventually do a follow up. On-top of all the other famous Elseworlds material to draw from.

Considering how much of Into the Spider-Verse was the creators taking older content and spinning it in a new way, I don't think having ongoing material is as much of a factor.

I think the Multiversity story by Morrison definitely has enough content for a movie, and he's said he's going to eventually do a follow up. On-top of all the other famous Elseworlds material to draw from.

Considering how much of Into the Spider-Verse was the creators taking older content and spinning it in a new way, I don't think having ongoing material is as much of a factor.
    The movie didn't have much of the Spider-Verse storyline there anyway, so is really not that important. Superman is a characther who this kind of concept would fit him like a globe, considering what he used to do in the Silver Age.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    The movie didn't have much of the Spider-Verse storyline there anyway, so is really not that important. Superman is a characther who this kind of concept would fit him like a globe, considering what he used to do in the Silver Age.
    Can't think of anybody who missed the Inheritors .

Can't think of anybody who missed the Inheritors .
    I'm sure that there is a fan out there that is dissapointing about their absence. I'm not that fan thougth
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

The follow up is key. I'm not saying the Multiversity story isn't enough content to make a movie, I'm saying it's not enough to spawn sequels if super verse was successful. So if they want to take any consideration into doing a super verse movie, they should work on making an ongoing series so that when the eventual sequels are release, they have a backbone to fall on like they prefer to do.

The follow up is key. I'm not saying the Multiversity story isn't enough content to make a movie, I'm saying it's not enough to spawn sequels if super verse was successful. So if they want to take any consideration into doing a super verse movie, they should work on making an ongoing series so that when the eventual sequels are release, they have a backbone to fall on like they prefer to do.
    I mean, with all the Elseworlds content DC has available I think there is plenty to create material for a followup if they so wanted to.

I don't think they necessarily need more ongoing material when they have such a wide and diverse concept to work from.

They are already doing their version of Spider-Verse, it's Batman Beyond.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    Yeah.....DC doesn't get it lol. But oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I don't know about a Super-verse film. But I am surprised that Super Sons has yet to have an animated series. Be it on the app or something like Cartoon Network. Its a simple concept, yet with loads of opportunities, fun, adventure, and kid friendly. And with characters like Maya and Kathy, to have a more "Super Kids" kind of line, you have a little something for everyone.
    DC is notoriously slow on the uptake which is why marvel is constantly beating them to the punch.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    The only thing that Batman Beyond is really missing in the equation is the Multiverse aspect, unless Terry teams-up with multiple versions of Batman in that movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    DC is notoriously slow on the uptake which is why marvel is constantly beating them to the punch.
    In certain respects, but not all I think.