BANNED

Default Is what this Youtuber said about Wonder Woman true?

They got her owning Darkseid with ease now? If that's true, has she created world peace on earth with no opposition in the aftermath?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post

They got her owning Darkseid with ease now? If that's true, has she created world peace on earth with no opposition in the aftermath?
    I think he forgets that a lot of characters since New 52 are weaker than Pre new 52 versions. Including Darkseid and many kryptonians except Superman. Pre new 52 Diana was also shown as strong enough to physically challenge kryptonians. And defeated Powergirl for example. So nothing new there. She was affected by Omega Beams in her last fight with Darkseid during Robinson run. Just because she wasnt KO doesn't mean they didn't affect her at all. And a powerhoise of Wonder Woman's caliber should have enough durability to take a good amount of attacks from Darkseid without getting KO. That's what happened in that comic, nothing less and nothing more.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Probably because of Iconic DCEU movies where Aquaman has bigger feats than Diana

This is kinda how Fandom works. The bigger fans of character always ALWAYS think that the character is written underpowered or nerfed those who are luke warm or okay with character always see the same one as OP. It's all colored by your [perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Probably because of Iconic DCEU movies where Aquaman has bigger feats than Diana
    I think writers have to be more imaginative in how Diana's power is illustrated in WW stories. Aquaman's power level, as of the Wan film, is just about right ..and maybe, a little too under-played.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post

People saying that with 52(!!!!!!!) WW got a powerboost make me giggle. #NotEven! More like a massive diminishing for her and especially for her gear.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Was New 52 a boost? That would imply her power level's been consistent to compare it to. Is she Superman's equal? Stronger? Weaker but more skilled? Is there equity (their abilities vary, but ultimately equal out)? Who even knows.

Fans will power scale forever. There's no agreed upon consensus that will ever matter. I'd argue that, outside the Presence, the Spectre is the most powerful being in existence. Multiversity's map implies that The Presence exists outside the multiverse as the New Gods do and is therefor multiversal (or even omniversal), so it follows that a manifestation of his would follow suit. I use that to extrapolate that there's only one Spectre and we only ever glimpse a fraction of its power; at any given moment, The Spectre is dealing with a Crisis-level event somewhere. We may have only seen 1% of his power, if that. He also gets absolutely wrecked in one panel sometimes when he seems to really be exerting himself. In Doomsday Clock, Manhatten seems to have retconned a part of God himself away. Cool.

There's no real consistency for this sort of thing. Diana can take a punch from Superman to the chest, but a sniper round can seriously wound her. She's in the top-ten of super speed (along with Clark) and yet Harley Quinn punked both of them at once inside of, what, two pages? I just roll my eyes and move on at those sort of discussions. Bad writing is just bad writing.
    Last edited by Robanker; 04-17-2019 at 08:50 PM.

Extraordinary Member

She's OP because she's the same level as Superman.

LOL What does that say about Superman?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

Sadly, lots of people ingrained with patriarchal norms have issues with women being as strong or stronger than a man.

There is also the issue for many fans that they mistake raw power with being a good character, or insisting that just their favourite character has to be the strongest or the most central one in every tale.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Seriously guys, please don’t post YouTube comments here unless you want your brains to liquify from the sheer stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

YouTube frequently says Superman is OP. It’s the cesspool that gave birth to Death Battles after all, where uneducated morons use out of context comic panels to justify their hot take. Please don’t take these people seriously.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Sadly, lots of people ingrained with patriarchal norms have issues with women being as strong or stronger than a man.

There is also the issue for many fans that they mistake raw power with being a good character, or insisting that just their favourite character has to be the strongest or the most central one in every tale.
    Hey. I’d be happy enough if that was currently true of Wonder Woman in her own book
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor