Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
  1. #1

    Default Let's Get X-TREME - The Adam-X Appreciation 2019

    The original thread (http://community.comicbookresources....X-Appreciation) was closed, and not sure why. I do see a lot of threads that have 2019 at the end, so I am wondering if a bunch of threads got closed and new ones were created?

    Anyway - just like the original thread - I am a huge fan of the character. I know a lot of folks like to make fun of the character - and while, yes, the blades he wore was a bit over the top - but every character has had a very bad design.

    I made a "Let's Talk" Twitter account for Adam-X: https://twitter.com/AdamXNeramani and also a website: http://tawmis.com/xtreme/

    Would love to hear your thoughts - whether or not you agree with me - and have a civil discussion.
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

  2. #2
    Time Police BishopsJuice91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    VABATL
    Posts
    806

    Default

    What if they retconned Adam X to be the genetically engineered son of Sinister? That would explain the confusion of him being a Summers brother but in reality he was genetically engineered from Shi’ar/mutant DNA. Sinister dead son is named Adam too...

  3. #3
    Mighty Member Jesse-James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,435

    Default

    I found Adam way more interesting as Burner in the Domain of Apocalypse during Secret Wars.

    I would love it if he becomes like that.

    We could still include the Son of Essex (sounds cool) theory.

  4. #4

    Default

    Well, him being the son of Essex would be even more confusing...
    I actually wrote down what I'd do given the chance to write Adam in the current Marvel Universe.
    If you're so inclined, check it out:
    http://tawmis.com/xtreme/archives/330
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

  5. #5
    Time Police BishopsJuice91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    VABATL
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Well, him being the son of Essex would be even more confusing...
    I actually wrote down what I'd do given the chance to write Adam in the current Marvel Universe.
    If you're so inclined, check it out:
    http://tawmis.com/xtreme/archives/330
    It’s not like that many people are paying attention to him anyway, and has his back story even been fleshed out yet?

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    It’s not like that many people are paying attention to him anyway, and has his back story even been fleshed out yet?
    Other than Eric the Red (in the pages of Captain Marvel) telling him that he was the son of D'Ken and a human female, meant to be the heir to the throne - not much more has been done.
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

  7. #7
    Time Police BishopsJuice91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    VABATL
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Other than Eric the Red (in the pages of Captain Marvel) telling him that he was the son of D'Ken and a human female, meant to be the heir to the throne - not much more has been done.
    I read your redesign notes, I was thinking along the same lines as you with his suit but I would chop off the hair to a low buzz cut and he can keep the soul patch, but just update the suit to be less...sharp? And more modern. I would really wanna see him in a updated costume...

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    I read your redesign notes, I was thinking along the same lines as you with his suit but I would chop off the hair to a low buzz cut and he can keep the soul patch, but just update the suit to be less...sharp? And more modern. I would really wanna see him in a updated costume...
    In current Marvel, I think his suit - minus all the blades (like I said a knife on each boot), would work. I'd even remove the blades on his gloves if I had to. But the overall look of his normal costume (sans blades), I think is a unique enough look. I could even see chopping off his hair. The only reason - in my head - I left it is because the Shi'ar always have "big (feathered) 'hair'" for lack of a better term. So I thought it'd be a nice way to show off his Shi'ar "side" but make it look like his human bloodline (of it being long hair compared to perched feathers).
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

  9. #9
    Time Police BishopsJuice91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    VABATL
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    In current Marvel, I think his suit - minus all the blades (like I said a knife on each boot), would work. I'd even remove the blades on his gloves if I had to. But the overall look of his normal costume (sans blades), I think is a unique enough look. I could even see chopping off his hair. The only reason - in my head - I left it is because the Shi'ar always have "big (feathered) 'hair'" for lack of a better term. So I thought it'd be a nice way to show off his Shi'ar "side" but make it look like his human bloodline (of it being long hair compared to perched feathers).
    He could do something like Kazuya from Tekken and still have that kinda feather effect without the hair everywhere. I like the narrative of him being a genetically engineered mutant created by Sinister though, have his memories of being raised on a Shi’ar planet be falsely implanted. It can be revealed that Sinister used DNA from someone in the Summers clan and a Shi’ar doner to create “Adam” his second son that he actually named after his first son that died back in the 19th century. His costume looks extremely similar to Sinister too by the way...

  10. #10

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    He could do something like Kazuya from Tekken and still have that kinda feather effect without the hair everywhere. I like the narrative of him being a genetically engineered mutant created by Sinister though, have his memories of being raised on a Shi’ar planet be falsely implanted. It can be revealed that Sinister used DNA from someone in the Summers clan and a Shi’ar doner to create “Adam” his second son that he actually named after his first son that died back in the 19th century. His costume looks extremely similar to Sinister too by the way...
    The only downside to that is... how would you explain the events of Captain Marvel 2 & 3 with the Crystal Claws and Eric the Red, all confirming that Adam is the son of D'Ken. That would have to be retconned, or explained as Sinister was manipulating people from space, which - even for comics - starts to stretch.
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

  12. #12
    Time Police BishopsJuice91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    VABATL
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    The only downside to that is... how would you explain the events of Captain Marvel 2 & 3 with the Crystal Claws and Eric the Red, all confirming that Adam is the son of D'Ken. That would have to be retconned, or explained as Sinister was manipulating people from space, which - even for comics - starts to stretch.
    Well all of that is null and void at this point because it turned out that he’s not the Summers brother he was intended to be. So a new origin has to be created and I would expect it to be a little complicated given the circumstances. I did some research and looked at the issue where he saves Scott’s grandpa, look at these two panels and tell me what you think they mean...

    3DE4444D-0B79-4888-A1C1-AC8349525361.jpg8E7E04AF-0B34-4D4C-BB6B-B1CFE88B1DE0.jpg

  13. #13
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,078

    Default

    Eh just make his parents random earthers. D'Ken kidnapped a few humans instead of just Scott's parents. I mean really, he travels to earth just to take only 2 humans? Lotta effort for so few.

  14. #14
    Time Police BishopsJuice91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    VABATL
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Eh just make his parents random earthers. D'Ken kidnapped a few humans instead of just Scott's parents. I mean really, he travels to earth just to take only 2 humans? Lotta effort for so few.
    He’s Shi’ar, he’s got their physiology. He’s gotta be at least half Shi’ar, that leaves the Summers connection and Sinister makes the most sense because he’s been meddling in the background in regards to them for awhile...

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Well all of that is null and void at this point because it turned out that he’s not the Summers brother he was intended to be. So a new origin has to be created and I would expect it to be a little complicated given the circumstances. I did some research and looked at the issue where he saves Scott’s grandpa, look at these two panels and tell me what you think they mean...

    3DE4444D-0B79-4888-A1C1-AC8349525361.jpg8E7E04AF-0B34-4D4C-BB6B-B1CFE88B1DE0.jpg
    So that image - is Erik the Red monitoring the Summers (because Adam was just there). And that's Sinister monitoring Erik the Red.

    I read that as - their family being closer together - because Adam shared his memories (through Jean) to Scott's grandfather (because he had always wanted to fly in space, so Adam shared those memories).

    In that issue, his grandfather says a few times that Adam reminds him of someone - and his grandsons (Scott and Alex) - it's implying that Adam is like Alex & Scott, and has a touch of Katherine (the long, blond hair, no doubt). Sinister watching is no doubt because in a previous issue, Adam was told that Essex might be able to help him figure out who he is (because of Essex's interest in DNA, which we know to be Sinister). So Sinister probably is keeping an eye on Scott and Jean and now has interest in Adam.
    Last edited by Adam-X; 04-23-2019 at 02:20 PM.
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •