Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Eh just make his parents random earthers. D'Ken kidnapped a few humans instead of just Scott's parents. I mean really, he travels to earth just to take only 2 humans? Lotta effort for so few.
    D'Ken coming to Earth is no surprise... It could be that he came there looking to jump start his bloodline with "mutant" powers - sensed great genetic material in Katherine Summers (not hard to believe considering she gave birth to Scott and Alex, both powerful mutants - and clearly of some great genetic potential since Sinister has an interest in them as well) - so D'Ken takes her (either rapes her, or goes the genetic route and gets her DNA to make a child). But he's clearly not above rape, since Corsair comes in as he's forcing himself on her anyway.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    So that image - is Erik the Red monitoring the Summers (because Adam was just there). And that's Sinister monitoring Erik the Red.

I read that as - their family being closer together - because Adam shared his memories (through Jean) to Scott's grandfather (because he had always wanted to fly in space, so Adam shared those memories).

In that issue, his grandfather says a few times that Adam reminds him of someone - and his grandsons (Scott and Alex) - it's implying that Adam is like Alex & Scott, and has a touch of Katherine (the long, blond hair, no doubt). Sinister watching is no doubt because in a previous issue, Adam was told that Essex might be able to help him figure out who he is (because of Essex's interest in DNA, which we know to be Sinister). So Sinister probably is keeping an eye on Scott and Jean and now has interest in Adam.
    In that issue your talking about Adam is looking for a Milbury which is actually one of Sinisters aliases Nathan Milbury, I just looked it up didn’t know that before. Why would he be looking for this Milbury or actually Sinister? Adam didn’t know anything about Sinister’s connection to the Summers (he knew nothing about them at all actually) so there is a connection to Mr. Sinister somehow and Eric the Red was involved somehow too. This can’t just be a coincidence. When was the last time Eric the red was seen? I’m liking the Sinister connection even more now and Sinister’s son was named Adam Essex and his name is Adam X, the X factor was given its name by Sinister, he called it “Essex factor” or “X factor”. It would be dope if this was explored further, it would make for some good story telling...

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    In that issue your talking about Adam is looking for a Milbury which is actually one of Sinisters aliases Nathan Milbury, I just looked it up didn’t know that before. Why would he be looking for this Milbury or actually Sinister? Adam didn’t know anything about Sinister’s connection to the Summers (he knew nothing about them at all actually) so there is a connection to Mr. Sinister somehow and Eric the Red was involved somehow too. This can’t just be a coincidence. When was the last time Eric the red was seen? I’m liking the Sinister connection even more now and Sinister’s son was named Adam Essex and his name is Adam X, the X factor was given its name by Sinister, he called it “Essex factor” or “X factor”. It would be dope if this was explored further, it would make for some good story telling...
    The answer is in X-Men #38.
    After defeating Arcade (X-Force #29 & 30), Arcade tells Adam to go look for Carter Ryking. Carter Ryking (X-Men #38) tells Adam that his father worked with Milbury. But tells Adam to go look for Professor Xavier.
    He never gets a chance to because in X-Men #41, he's seen fighting Eric the Red when Legion triggers AOA (and Adam and Eric are locked in crystalized combat).
    We see Adam again, in Captain Marvel #2 and #3, and learn that after the time line was restored, Eric seized control of Adam's mind and sent him to kill Captain Marvel (Genis-Vell).
    During the fight, Adam claps the Nega-Bands together on Genis, and it sunders the control Eric has over Adam.
    So Adam and Genis team up - and confront Eric the Red, who explains Adam is the son of D'Ken and a human, and that he was made to be the heir of the Shi'ar Throne.
    Adam uses his powers, and essentially causes a major explosion (supposedly/apparently) killing Eric the Red, and using the Nega bands to teleport and avoid the explosion.

Adam appears next in S.W.O.R.D. which confirms his half-breed Shi'ar heritage.

Then appears next in Dark Avengers (in very poor writing) - with others rebelling. He's defeated (along with the others).

Then next appears, during Fear Itself when Cyclops calls him in to help stop Juggernaut - he manages to cut Juggernaut, but Juggernaut just bleeds fire.

In regular continuity, that's his last appearance.

But he then appears in the Secret Wars Age of Apocalypse stuff - as Burner in all of the issues - and confirms that he is the (half?) brother of Cyclops and Alex (as their powers don't work on each other, similar to what we've seen with Alex and Scott).

He dies saving Alex and Scott, there.

He appears again (cameo) in X-Babies #4.

And then has a few appearances in X-Men '92, which is not considered normal continuity.

The answer is in X-Men #38.
    After defeating Arcade (X-Force #29 & 30), Arcade tells Adam to go look for Carter Ryking. Carter Ryking (X-Men #38) tells Adam that his father worked with Milbury. But tells Adam to go look for Professor Xavier.
    He never gets a chance to because in X-Men #41, he's seen fighting Eric the Red when Legion triggers AOA (and Adam and Eric are locked in crystalized combat).
    We see Adam again, in Captain Marvel #2 and #3, and learn that after the time line was restored, Eric seized control of Adam's mind and sent him to kill Captain Marvel (Genis-Vell).
    During the fight, Adam claps the Nega-Bands together on Genis, and it sunders the control Eric has over Adam.
    So Adam and Genis team up - and confront Eric the Red, who explains Adam is the son of D'Ken and a human, and that he was made to be the heir of the Shi'ar Throne.
    Adam uses his powers, and essentially causes a major explosion (supposedly/apparently) killing Eric the Red, and using the Nega bands to teleport and avoid the explosion.

Adam appears next in S.W.O.R.D. which confirms his half-breed Shi'ar heritage.

Then appears next in Dark Avengers (in very poor writing) - with others rebelling. He's defeated (along with the others).

Then next appears, during Fear Itself when Cyclops calls him in to help stop Juggernaut - he manages to cut Juggernaut, but Juggernaut just bleeds fire.

In regular continuity, that's his last appearance.

But he then appears in the Secret Wars Age of Apocalypse stuff - as Burner in all of the issues - and confirms that he is the (half?) brother of Cyclops and Alex (as their powers don't work on each other, similar to what we've seen with Alex and Scott).

He dies saving Alex and Scott, there.

He appears again (cameo) in X-Babies #4.

And then has a few appearances in X-Men '92, which is not considered normal continuity.
    So the door is still open to explore who he really is. I think a new code name would help him get past that 90s funk he’s been stuck with too. I think Psynide would be a cool name for him going forth, he doesn’t have any psychic powers but I think it fits and sounds cooler than X-Treme...

So the door is still open to explore who he really is. I think a new code name would help him get past that 90s funk he’s been stuck with too. I think Psynide would be a cool name for him going forth, he doesn’t have any psychic powers but I think it fits and sounds cooler than X-Treme...
    I am honestly impressed that you came up with an equally 90s codename compared to Adam-X the X-Treme. Please don't take this the wrong way! It's an amazing name, I just don't think it does what you want it to at all haha!

Speaking of peak 90s, Bloodfire hasn't been used for a hero, based on a quick Google search.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    I am honestly impressed that you came up with an equally 90s codename compared to Adam-X the X-Treme. Please don't take this the wrong way! It's an amazing name, I just don't think it does what you want it to at all haha!

Speaking of peak 90s, Bloodfire hasn't been used for a hero, based on a quick Google search.
    Lmao I tried, but you gotta admit anything is better than Adam X the Xtreme. Bloodfire screams 90s image comics character lol, I instantly thought about that one purple guy I can’t think of his name I think killspree...

I always thought it was cool that he would just take up the name "Adam." Being part Shi'ar, there's no need for a code name, really.
    Sure there's some (Deathbird, any of the Imperial Guard)... But I think him dropping the name that Martin Strong gave him, and just being Adam (as a means of him searching for who he is, and accepting his "birth" name that he's aware of).
    This is why I'd love to see Adam join the Starjammers, lay claim to the throne, and uncover more of his origin - like how he is indeed born of D'Ken (already confirmed) and a human woman (being Katherine Summers, as already strongly suggested) - and eventually learning his real "Shi'ar" birth name (something more Shi'ar sounding). But then, Adam doesn't want the throne, because of the politics and all that (and that he was bred to rule the throne makes it feel like he's fulfilling what D'Ken had wanted) - so he leaves the throne again, and heads for Earth and just takes up the name "Adam" again and drops his real Shi'ar name.

I always thought it was cool that he would just take up the name "Adam." Being part Shi'ar, there's no need for a code name, really.
    Sure there's some (Deathbird, any of the Imperial Guard)... But I think him dropping the name that Martin Strong gave him, and just being Adam (as a means of him searching for who he is, and accepting his "birth" name that he's aware of).
    This is why I'd love to see Adam join the Starjammers, lay claim to the throne, and uncover more of his origin - like how he is indeed born of D'Ken (already confirmed) and a human woman (being Katherine Summers, as already strongly suggested) - and eventually learning his real "Shi'ar" birth name (something more Shi'ar sounding). But then, Adam doesn't want the throne, because of the politics and all that (and that he was bred to rule the throne makes it feel like he's fulfilling what D'Ken had wanted) - so he leaves the throne again, and heads for Earth and just takes up the name "Adam" again and drops his real Shi'ar name.
    I think the Summers brother fiasco needs to be dropped at this point, that sounds too similar to what we already got with Vulcan laying claim to the throne in war of the kings or whatever. I feel like he needs to be taken into another direction that’s why I suggested the Sinister clone thing, he’s still Shi’ar but the Summers stuff should be forgotten, it never got anywhere and we have the third brother as Gabe in canon. Sinister having a clone running around that’s a badass and a good guy adds a nice dynamic that I don’t think we’ve seen yet.

I think the Summers brother fiasco needs to be dropped at this point, that sounds too similar to what we already got with Vulcan laying claim to the throne in war of the kings or whatever. I feel like he needs to be taken into another direction that’s why I suggested the Sinister clone thing, he’s still Shi’ar but the Summers stuff should be forgotten, it never got anywhere and we have the third brother as Gabe in canon. Sinister having a clone running around that’s a badass and a good guy adds a nice dynamic that I don’t think we’ve seen yet.
    My problem with the clone idea is I feel like that's also been beat to death in the Marvel Comics world. Spider-Man's had a clone - several, actually - some of which are still running around. Then there's Cable... or Stryfe... whoever, or whatever - is that situation.

I'd be fine with the Summers thing being dropped. And just making it D'Ken and another human female. But they've already eluded, quite a few times (and in different time lines at this point) - that Adam is somehow related to Scott and Alex. And they've already confirmed - multiple times (not just D'Ken, but S.W.O.R.D. that he's a Shi'ar half breed). If he were a Clone of Sinister, he'd bare a resemblance to Sinister. Didn't Sinister already have a clone of himself running around? Ms. Sinister or some God awful idea like that? Clones, to me, is just a very, very bad idea.

As for Vulcan... I wrote a piece about him, awhile ago...
    http://comicreliefpodcast.com/archives/1692

My problem with the clone idea is I feel like that's also been beat to death in the Marvel Comics world. Spider-Man's had a clone - several, actually - some of which are still running around. Then there's Cable... or Stryfe... whoever, or whatever - is that situation.

I'd be fine with the Summers thing being dropped. And just making it D'Ken and another human female. But they've already eluded, quite a few times (and in different time lines at this point) - that Adam is somehow related to Scott and Alex. And they've already confirmed - multiple times (not just D'Ken, but S.W.O.R.D. that he's a Shi'ar half breed). If he were a Clone of Sinister, he'd bare a resemblance to Sinister. Didn't Sinister already have a clone of himself running around? Ms. Sinister or some God awful idea like that? Clones, to me, is just a very, very bad idea.

As for Vulcan... I wrote a piece about him, awhile ago...
    http://comicreliefpodcast.com/archives/1692
    I meant like a clone Sinister created, not of himself. So he would be Sinister’s son in that sense...

Looks like Adam-X is making a cameo in the Spider-Man/Deadpool issue of #50...
    https://twitter.com/AdamXNeramani/st...96886179102720

I meant like a clone Sinister created, not of himself. So he would be Sinister’s son in that sense...
    You would have to retcon what's already been established. They've already confirmed he's the son of D'Ken. Official Marvel Universe Handbook has his name in there as Neramani, which is the surname of Lilandra, D'Ken, Deathbird, etc.

So rather than already retcon what's established and make it messier - it'd just be easier going forward saying - if someone's really against making him a Summers related person - that he's a half breed of another woman.

You would have to retcon what's already been established. They've already confirmed he's the son of D'Ken. Official Marvel Universe Handbook has his name in there as Neramani, which is the surname of Lilandra, D'Ken, Deathbird, etc.

So rather than already retcon what's established and make it messier - it'd just be easier going forward saying - if someone's really against making him a Summers related person - that he's a half breed of another woman.
    And I was saying a retcon wouldn’t matter at this point because he’s not important and nobody really cares. He needs a revamp/rebrand so any of the old stuff can go or get reworked whatever way possible. I’m not really trying to hold onto any of his old backstory that isn’t necessary. The Sinister panel leaves the door open for his story to go in another direction and that’s what I was trying to do, not figure it out because obviously it doesn’t need to be because his story has went nowhere in years and he has become a joke character from the 90s...

He is pretty much a joke character, but there could be some potential in there somewhere. At least you'd think the Shi'ar would clean up this loose end. Having a half-Shi'ar/half-human out there to claim the throne should be enough for them to do something. Not to mention that they never truly identified the parentage of Lifeguard. Adam X could get a PAD revival that makes him relevant if they cared to do so.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    He is pretty much a joke character, but there could be some potential in there somewhere. At least you'd think the Shi'ar would clean up this loose end. Having a half-Shi'ar/half-human out there to claim the throne should be enough for them to do something. Not to mention that they never truly identified the parentage of Lifeguard. Adam X could get a PAD revival that makes him relevant if they cared to do so.
    Remember when Rocket was introduced? No one thought anything of him. Remember when Groot was introduced? Or Starlord? The only Guardians worth a damn were Drax and Gamora. You get a good writer and artist (Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning) who reinvent the characters - and next thing you know - there's a movie - and they're household names. Remember when Liefeld introduced Deadpool? He got so much criticism. Where's he now? One of the biggest names in Marvel.

Every character definitely has potential. The entire "he's a joke character" has always been a thorn in my side. Because there's been a history of characters who started off like trash and are now household names.