Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    He is pretty much a joke character, but there could be some potential in there somewhere. At least you'd think the Shi'ar would clean up this loose end. Having a half-Shi'ar/half-human out there to claim the throne should be enough for them to do something. Not to mention that they never truly identified the parentage of Lifeguard. Adam X could get a PAD revival that makes him relevant if they cared to do so.
    I agree his current state is pretty pathetic that’s why I was suggesting a total revamp and reintroduction of the character. Drop the blades thing tone him down and give him a reworked backstory, throw him on a team and he’s good...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Remember when Rocket was introduced? No one thought anything of him. Remember when Groot was introduced? Or Starlord? The only Guardians worth a damn were Drax and Gamora. You get a good writer and artist (Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning) who reinvent the characters - and next thing you know - there's a movie - and they're household names. Remember when Liefeld introduced Deadpool? He got so much criticism. Where's he now? One of the biggest names in Marvel.

Every character definitely has potential. The entire "he's a joke character" has always been a thorn in my side. Because there's been a history of characters who started off like trash and are now household names.
    That’s what we’re saying reinvent him, but some aspects need to be dropped, he’s not a Summers bro, we got one and get him in a new costume without those silly blades as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Remember when Rocket was introduced? No one thought anything of him. Remember when Groot was introduced? Or Starlord? The only Guardians worth a damn were Drax and Gamora. You get a good writer and artist (Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning) who reinvent the characters - and next thing you know - there's a movie - and they're household names. Remember when Liefeld introduced Deadpool? He got so much criticism. Where's he now? One of the biggest names in Marvel.

Every character definitely has potential. The entire "he's a joke character" has always been a thorn in my side. Because there's been a history of characters who started off like trash and are now household names.
    That’s what we’re saying reinvent him, but some aspects need to be dropped, he’s not a Summers bro, we got one and get him in a new costume without those silly blades as well...

Oh, I am good dropping the blades. I like the idea of throwing blades (similar to what Longshot's known to do). It's never made sense that Longshot did this, where as - given Adam's power - it'd make sense he'd do this.

This is what - minus the axes in his hand (like I said, just regular throwing knives) is what I'd do with his costume:

As for reinventing him - I'd be fine with dropping the Summers brother side of it too. I am just not a fan of "clone" ideas (like Sinister cloned him, or anyone). Clones typically never get taken seriously (take a look at Joseph - Magneto's clone - in the most recent Uncanny X-Men as an example). Ben Riley, with Spider-Man was a disaster in the beginning (though they've managed to recover some semblance of the character as Scarlet Spider much later). But then they did MVP - more clones - all of which also died.

This is why I think, leaving him as the son of D'Ken - since that's already been fully established in regular Marvel Continuity - works. But if need be, drop the fact that it was a child between Katherine and D'Ken. And just make it D'Ken and another human, who was hoping to spark a "mutant" ruler (someone born with mutant powers, similar to Deathbird - whose wings are a regressive gene in the Shi'ar). To essentially ensure his bloodline and heir would be too powerful to usurp (knowing people like Lilandra stood against him). That way you can take Adam to an entire space type story and get him off Earth and do more with him. If we're not going to tie him to the Summers, then by all the gods, don't tie him to Sinister either - because Sinister is way too closely tied to the Summers anyway with his obsession. Someone would just make a story that it's a clone of the Summers DNA that he had provided to D'Ken or something.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

So - I believe the issue of Spider-Man/Deadpool #50 came out this week (not gone in to check yet) - but Adam makes a cameo.
    http://tawmis.com/xtreme/archives/339

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Everyone noticed in today's X-Men #1 that there's a room available at House of Summers on the moon for Adam, right?

Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Everyone noticed in today's X-Men #1 that there's a room available at House of Summers on the moon for Adam, right?
    That’s my theory

I am guessing nothing came of that - or it went to Vulcan - since I've not heard anything...

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Gabriel Summers? Nevah heard of him.
    This was one of the best frames in that final volume of "X-Men 92." Sweet fourth-wall breaking.

Kept seeing lots of "Adam-X" issues on the shelves of the malls in my hometown during THAT decade; never bought them but I laughed at the title.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

I hope he gets a rad redesign