Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Its about the Joker so like the dark knight it will definitely be a pop culture staple for years to come and usher in even more joker fanboys who will take all the wrong messages from the movie

I think it looks pretty good. But I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it turns out that this movie wasn’t initially intended to be a literal Joker movie at first. But they decided throwing in some dc stuff like Thomas Wayne and Gotham City would make it more marketable or whatever.

This looks fantastic. I knew from the descriptions it would have an early Scorsese vibe, and it didn't fail to nail that. This ain't your typical comic book movie, this is an actually gritty re imagining. It's not for everyone, but neither was Taxi Driver of The King of Comedy.

My stance on this movie still stands, this will more than likely be a really good, very well made, movie that shouldn't be called or about the Joker. for me, the idea of a feature length Joker movie is an inherently flawed concept just due to the nature of the character; as I understand them at least.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 04-04-2019 at 04:00 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Mighty Member

I didn't expect much from this movie when it was announced...but the more I see the more I like...let's hope it can deliver!

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    My stance on this movie still stands, this like more than likely be a really good, very well made, movie that shouldn't be called or about the Joker. for me, the idea of a feature length Joker movie is conceptually flawed inherently due to the nature of the character; as I understand them.
    You can make a character study about any DC villain Joker just happens to have the most depth and pedigree as a character to call for these portrayals

Mostly interested in this for the tone.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    You can make a character study about any DC villain Joker just happens to have the most depth and pedigree as a character to call for these portrayals
    Disagree. Joker doesn't have depth. He's too fluid. He changes everytime a new writer gets his hands on him. His past is flexible and always a mystery... that's not depth. That's incredibly shallow actually. His motives.. his methods... where he draws a line... always different.

Someone like Ra's, Two-Face or Penguin... they have some solid background material that makes them a bit sympathetic and you can understand how they went the way they did... but 'one bad day made me a homicidal maniac' isn't very deep.
    Last edited by phantom1592; 04-04-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Disagree. Joker doesn't have depth. He's too fluid. He changes everytime a new writer gets his hands on him. His past is flexible and always a mystery... that's not depth. That's incredibly shallow actually. His motives.. his methods... where he draws a line... always different.

Someone like Ra's, Two-Face or Penguin... they have some solid background material that makes them a bit sympathetic and you can understand how they went the way they did... but 'one bad day made me a homicidal maniac' isn't very deep.
    I concur^^^^^
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Joaquin Phoenix has yet to pick a bad role, just saying.

He's my favorite actor, just really interesting to watch. There must be some meat to this to get him interested.

Yeah it’ll be worth a watch just for Phoenix. He’ll get into.

It might be cool. I wasn’t expecting the tone, has an artsy type of feel. It’s different enough to really have my attention now.

I really liked the trailer. i wasn't looking forward to this movie and when it was announced I thought it was a silly idea but was pleasantly surprised.

I hope it works out. The joker is the type of character that works better the less we know.

Astonishing Member

The trailer is...interesting.

I was looking forward to seeing Joaquin Pheonix actually saying some lines as the Joker, but I'm guessing they're saving that for now. His performance as Arthur Fleck is compelling though.

The visuals are simply GORGEOUS. I LOVE the colorful yet dark pallete of the film. The Joker makeup is simply masterful. Joker looks like he's straight out of the comics of the 40's and 50's!

On the whole, it looks to be an intriguing concept. On film at least, we've been used to seeing the Joker only as a counterpoint to Batman so it'll be neat to see a celluloid Joker as the protagonist of his own story, in a Gotham without Batman.

Just realised that Joker's real name in this is A Fleck. Aah fleck lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Joaquin Phoenix has yet to pick a bad role, just saying.

He's my favorite actor, just really interesting to watch. There must be some meat to this to get him interested.
    He seems kinda crazy to me, like Christian Bale, but at least he'd be better than Jared Leto (also crazy).