Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Joker (2019) film.

Teaser trailer tomorrow.

Incredible Member

Trailer is out

Amazing Member

I like Joaquin Phoenix but I'm not sure I want to see a movie about the Joker dancing around in his underwear for the first hour. The parts where he's actually in costume look great though.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

This actually looks great.

this will probably be very well done, but will not resonate with most movie goers, so it will prob be viewed as a flop.

I'm also concerned/annoyed that it doesn't seem to fit into the DCEU, which might also cause confusion for most movie goers.

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    this will probably be very well done, but will not resonate with most movie goers, so it will prob be viewed as a flop.

I'm also concerned/annoyed that it doesn't seem to fit into the DCEU, which might also cause confusion for most movie goers.
    The film only cost $55 million to make so anything over $100-$150 million earns back the production cost. Just having Joaquin Phoenix and Robert DeNiro in it probably assures it will make that much
    because fans of those actors are going to go see it even if they have no interest in Joker or anything Batman in general.

Sorry, this trailer is just creepy and not for me.
    Why do we need this movie?
    I don't see husband nor I ever watching this.... and we've liked or loved most the other DC movies in the past 20 years.
    Just, no.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Ultimate Member

Joaquin Phoenix's performance already looks like it might be great. And while I'm usually a fan of the "Joker has no set backstory" idea in the main comics, as an "Elseworlds" tail basically, yeah this could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl_70 View Post
    Sorry, this trailer is just creepy and not for me.
    Why do we need this movie?
    We don't need any movie, technically. But movies get made because people feel they will be profitable, and this one has a low enough budget, highly regarded enough actors, and enough of a pop culture connection with the Joker, to be considered a safe bet to make a profit.

That said, I like the preview more than I thought I would and am actually pretty interested in it. Looks like it might be the sort of thing I'll enjoy, personally.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'm kind of hoping this will lead to more out of continuity movies. Of course I'm not a huge fan of the DCEU to begin with. I asked this on the other Joker thread but I wonder if this will lead to a backdoor stand alone Batman movie-verse.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm kind of hoping this will lead to more out of continuity movies. Of course I'm not a huge fan of the DCEU to begin with. I asked this on the other Joker thread but I wonder if this will lead to a backdoor stand alone Batman movie-verse.
    Probably not, unless the Matt Reeves directed Batman movie flops. Plus Bruce Wayne is like 9 during this film, so you'd have to age Joaquin up a decade for the sequel, assuming he agrees to do another one.

Initially I had zero interest in this, for the same reason I don't need 5 seasons of Bruce not being Batman, or a series of Alfred without Batman.

Trailer looks good enough I'd watch it as a pay-per-view, but not sure I'll be motivated to go out to the movies for it.

Looks like an interesting character study.

Incredible Member

No. Just no.

Looks "Best Case Scenario".

Way, way better than I would have guessed, and I was already hopeful.