Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Shazam (DCEU) vs Thor (MCU)

So I got a chance to see Shazam! Pretty solid flick but Billy has some pretty impressive showings in the movie. I was wondering how he would stack up against MCU Thor.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Can Shazam survive a god-killing axe to the chest? Because if not, Thor takes it.

Incredible Member

I don't know if he could survive it but he can sure dodge it with his speed.

How fast is he? Because Thor has some pretty good reaction feats in his first movie when he blocked Destroyer beams.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    How fast is he? Because Thor has some pretty good reaction feats in his first movie when he blocked Destroyer beams.
    I haven't seen the movie yet but it looks like he has legit superspeed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Capt. has the speed of Mercury, the God OF speed.

Well, if we're down for spoilers, at several times Shazam displays true superspeed, both in travel (running) and reaction (catching people, slow-mo fight scenes). And by true superspeed, I mean Flash/Quicksilver-style blurring and full-body warp-speed streaks.

Of course, that's to say nothing about his flight speed, which is indeed fast. We just don't see *how* fast in the movie, but he's got the speed nonetheless.

Shazam's biggest weakness here is his lack of fighting ability. He never has any actual chance of outfighting any of his foes in the movie, so he relies much more on his wits to get by.

*Spoilers*

Primarily what was said above. His strongest lifting feat is carrying a bus. Held it long enough to avoid a dog when dropping it. His hardest hitting feat was punching thru a concrete beam.

He can shoot lightning from far distances as the bus was at least a mile away.

Cyke is right though. His speed is legit superspeed. If his powers are equal to sivana. He can catch a bullet with his fingers.

His flight speed is also up there. Bullet proof,even on the face. His speed would be the saving grace against Thor.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HATEISFOREVER View Post
    *Spoilers*

Primarily what was said above. His strongest lifting feat is carrying a bus. Held it long enough to avoid a dog when dropping it. His hardest hitting feat was punching thru a concrete beam.

He can shoot lightning from far distances as the bus was at least a mile away.

Cyke is right though. His speed is legit superspeed. If his powers are equal to sivana. He can catch a bullet with his fingers.

His flight speed is also up there. Bullet proof,even on the face. His speed would be the saving grace against Thor.
    Haven't seen Shazam yet, so all of this is based on what is written above.

If his strongest strength feat is carrying a bus, he's just not hurting Thor at all. Thor can literally just tank the guy's punches until Billy turns into a feeble old man and dies. Boringest Khazan match ever.

Using lightning against Thor isn't going to help.

Thor ALSO has autotargetting spam magic lightning at his disposal, so Billy's getting hit by that. Not saying that's hurting him, but it's there.

Thor also has very powerful AoE 360degree shots, that seem above "ignores bullets" levels of toughness, but who knows?

It sounds like Shazam might need some more feats to have a chance here, speed or not.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post

If his strongest strength feat is carrying a bus, he's just not hurting Thor at all. Thor can literally just tank the guy's punches until Billy turns into a feeble old man and dies. Boringest Khazan match ever.

Thor ALSO has autotargetting spam magic lightning at his disposal, so Billy's getting hit by that. Not saying that's hurting him, but it's there.

Thor also has very powerful AoE 360degree shots, that seem above "ignores bullets" levels of toughness, but who knows?

It sounds like Shazam might need some more feats to have a chance here, speed or not.
    Thor also ha as good few thousand years of combat experience over Billy and an axe that seems to do whatever Thor wants it to do when he throws it. Billy’s margin of error here is practically nonexistent.

Also for what it's worth, in AoU during the fight on the ship Thor was (slowly) visibly moving while the scene was in Quicksilver time, everyone else was frozen, so he's not 100% a statue to people with that kind of speed. Not enough to really mean anything in a fist fight, but it means he won't need much relative time to start spamming the lightning. Also Stormbreaker had kind of a blue fire thing rather than lightning arcs, not sure if that matters to Billy's durability but if he has extra defense vs lightning it's not necessarily going to help.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

I'm not certain and I would need a rewatch, but I don't think the bus feat is his strongest feat, as best as I can recall.

But there's a very noticeable lack of toppling skyscrapers in this movie compared to Man of Steel. Whether that counts as strength related or not, I'm just happy that the city survived the battle with relatively minor damage.

Best strength feat is Pedro (I think his name was), struggling to hold up the Ferris Wheel that was about to topple over, but it seemed like the Shazam family had different focuses (one had super speed, one could fly, one had super strength).

I don't recall a strength feat better than that, however.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The dude does not even sound as strong as MCU Spider-man. How the heck did you guys see the movie already anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    The dude does not even sound as strong as MCU Spider-man. How the heck did you guys see the movie already anyway
    Advance screening for me. I'd love to say that I'm important, but really it was thanks to the AV Club.

I don't think anyone's pegging him to be at MCU Spidey's level, and the movie makes it a point that he's still learning his powers. But he definitely takes some hits well-beyond Spidey's strength class and he's supposed to have the same powers as the guy that hit him.