Default Movies with 3 or more sequels...

that all have the same director. Thought about this the other day and could only come up with a handful since it seems like having 3 or more sequels is tough enough, but all the same director, that's just crazy.

Steven Spielberg - Indiana Jones 4
    Richard Donner - Lethal Weapon 4
    George Miller - Mad Mad 4
    Wes Craven - Scream 4
    Don Coscarelli - Phantasm 4

George Lucas doesn't count since he directed 4 but not all 8.

Possibly Peter Jackson with 6 but is it considered two separate trilogies or is Lord of the Rings sequels to the Hobbit? I don't know. Are there any more of these guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    that all have the same director. Thought about this the other day and could only come up with a handful since it seems like having 3 or more sequels is tough enough, but all the same director, that's just crazy.

Wes Craven - Scream 4

Possibly Peter Jackson with 6 but is it considered two separate trilogies or is Lord of the Rings sequels to the Hobbit? I don't know. Are there any more of these guys?
    Michale Bay with Transformers. Singer didnt do 3 in a row but he did atleast 3 Xmen movies. But other people have worked on those franchises so iono if that fits your criteria

Bret Ratner rush hour 1-3
    Todd Phillip's Hangover triology.

What about the "Resident Evil" franchise? That had more than 3 and most were directed by the same guy? (not positive)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    What about the "Resident Evil" franchise? That had more than 3 and most were directed by the same guy? (not positive)
    If he directed all of them yea.transformores actually should count cause Bumble bee was kinda a reboot imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    If he directed all of them yea.transformores actually should count cause Bumble bee was kinda a reboot imo.
    Seems like the status of that changes by the week. This is the most recent statement:
    "The main Transformers movie we are working on is a reboot, and I will say that the Bumblebee sequel will be more directly linked to the timeline that we set up."
    Frankly, it doesn't really sound like anyone knows anything about where these movies are going, although it seems like most viewers are just believing that Bumblebee is a de facto reboot, despite the Powers That Be refusing to say that, or even explain anything clearly.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Wes Craven - Scream 4

Since he did LotR first, the Hobbit movies would be prequels or LotR are the sequels, whichever way you look at it.
    Power with Girl is better.

Not really a movie, but Yoshiyuki Tomino directed every Gundam TV series from 1979-1993, as well as the first two original films (Char's counterattack and Gundam F91).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Retired

All the original 31 Carry On movies were directed by Gerald Thomas, from 1958 to 1992.

Eric Rohmer made sets of movies. You could argue that these aren't sequels--but as you need to see all of the movies in the set to understand the collective message, the movies are connected. The first set was Six Moral Tales (the first two movies are shorter films, but the remaining four are theatrical length). The next set was Comedies and Proverbs, which again is six movies, all theatrical length. And the final set was Tales of the Four Seasons, each movie being a season.

Retired

Also, Tyler Perry didn't direct the first Madea movie--DIARY OF A MAD BLACK WOMAN--but he's directed every movie after that, so far as I know.

BANNED

Wes Craven - Scream 4

I do believe that a Phantasm 5 was released recently.

Count Bay's Transformers into the mix. 1 awesome movie, one sex comedy disguised as Transformers (Fallen), one good movie (Dark of the Moon), one mediocre (Age of Extiction) and one let's get it over with movie (Last Knight).