All-New Member

Default Daredevil by Frank Miller And Klaus Janson Omnibus 2016 printing

Dear comic fans of CBR, I have always found this site very helpful, and as I don't find the information I seek elsewhere I have decided to register and ask your opinion about the latest "Daredevil by Frank Miller And Klaus Janson Omnibus" 15th march 2016 printing (I think it's the third printing of this title).

In short,my question is specially about the "thickness" ("quality", too) of the paper.
    Right now in Amazon (SPAIN) this product is quite price reduced, and I was thinking about upgrading my collection by buying this one, but I am a little scared after seeing the paper thickness in the second edition of "Daredevil Omnibus by Frank Miller COMPANION" (as can be checked in http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...r-omnibus.html ).

If your opinion is the latest printing is not "worth" it, I will try to find the prior editions...

Well, thanks for your time and help and I big THANKYOU from Spain!

I just looked at mine, I have that same printing. The paper is thin, more so than a lot of my omnis, but I don't think it detracts from reading it. Some people have more issues with the coloring, though it doesn't really bother me at all. I don't have the original issues to compare it to though.

I have both the omni and the companion omni, both are great. The omni especially is one of my favorites, a wonderful read that I'll revisit again, I'm sure. If you can get it for a good price I'd jump on it.

And the older printing with the thicker paper doesn't have a stitched spine, so that could be an issue as well.

All-New Member

Thanks DrHank and slop101 for your answers! If someone is in favour of the previous printings, his opinion will be helpful too as I would have both views about it!

THANKYOU

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I have the second printing and the paper is of the new thin variety IIRC. That's how the quality of the Marvel Omnibus now rolls. The first printing does have the thicker quality but please note that it was glued and has pretty tight binding. The majority of us have got used to the thin paper.

Amazing Member

Personally I prefer the thin paper as it means even books that are a 1000 pages long are still pretty easy to handle and read.

While anything over 800 pages from DC ends up being far to cumbersome and heavy to read comfortably.

Well, I don't have this edition.
    But I always not recommand big thick omnibus.
    They are heavy, fragile, difficult to read, sometimes you can't see/read what's in the center of the book, and not friendly to read and carry.
    I always recommand smaller editions if they do exists.
    Often in american comics, the small edition have paper backs (on the contrary to european comics that have always hard backs).
    Yes the small editions are easier to fold, tear, ... but a book is made to be read and used, not stay on a shelf.