Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Uncanny X-Men #15 (spoilers/discussion)

This was an interesting issue.

-after the preview, the X-Men stop the MLF's ambush on a "pro-human" rally (obvious analogies to the Neo-Nazi march don't make the X-Men look good here) and Magik TPs Cyclops up to Hope and Banshee
    -Hope is about to assassinate an anti-mutant politician Prestel who is advocating for mandatory mutant vaccinations. As Scott tries to calm Hope down, Banshee is about to tear Scott into pieces without question until Hope stops him. She explains that she failed her father and failed mutantkind and if she's gonna go down, she's gonna go down ending a war and summons Banshee to kill Prestel. Scott shoots down Sean and Hope chastises Scott; saying he's come back "too soft" and the world has no place for soft.
    -Hope pulls out a gun but doesn't pull the trigger as Magik TPs Logan in. Logan slices her side and she reflexively shoots Scott in the eyes. Logan then says he's gonna kill Hope for that before Hope delivers the most badass line in the issue:

Hope Summers: Wait, Logan...wait..you forgot..

Logan: Forgot what?

Hope Summers: You forgot who the hell I am.
    -and Hope blasts Logan to just barely his adamantium skeleton with Scott's power. She brushes herself off, walks over to the sniper rifle, and shoot Prestel down.
    -Hope puts down the rifle as Logan stabs her through the chest, says this was for Scott and asks her last words
    -Hope says: La revolution, comme saturne, devore ses propes enfantes or "The Revolution, like Saturn, devours his own children.

--cut to Harry's Hideaway--

-Scott wakes up as Dark Beast is injecting something into his IV drip. Hank, who performed life-saving surgery off-panel, explains that Scott's right eye is gone as Havok walks in to chastise him for being in a room alone with Scott
    -Havok explains that Hope isn't dead as she absorbed Logan's healing factor, the MLF are in the basement, Banshee is on the roof, and the New Mutants are cured of the TO Virus
    -Dani, Shan, Illyana, and Rahne all walk out, cured and able to only slightly have personalities again.
    -filler drama ensues before Dark Beast explains that Warlock has spread himself thin between all his hosts so he wouldn't accidentally consume them. And that Warlock needs a "true host" to completely consume in order to lure him out of the New Mutants. And that true host is obviously.....Jamie Madrox's dupe. Who says: "Hello...friend. Please kill me."

someone explain how hope is the villain of the issue. quickly...quickly
    Last edited by Tycon; 04-03-2019 at 07:07 AM.

Astonishing Member

Easy shes the villain because no xmen is allowed to kill people they dont like except Logan, and the x office hates every x character made after 1991

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Easy shes the villain because no xmen is allowed to kill people they dont like except Logan, and the x office hates every x character made after 1991
    "X-Men don't kill" went out the door a while back. It's pretty much up to individual conscience these days. Storm, Nightcrawler, Jean, Kitty? Probably not racking up much of a body count. Wolverine, Archangel, Psylocke? Almost certainly.

That is, they transform Hope into a murderess out of nowhere just to remind us that freedom of expression is important and that Scott's revolution was wrong, Wolverine has his chance to stab another teenager and everything is still dark, edgy and without direction.

What's wrong with Rosenberg and teenage girls?

So you mean Magik couldn't have teleported Elixir or Triage to have one of them regenerate Scott a new eye!!!

Who's on the MLF?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    That is, they transform Hope into a murderess out of nowhere just to remind us that freedom of expression is important and that Scott's revolution was wrong, Wolverine has his chance to stab another teenager and everything is still dark, edgy and without direction.

What's wrong with Rosenberg and teenage girls?
    ...yeah, between Loa, Ruth, and Hope there is a pattern in this arc. Not deliberate I imagine, and probably more the result of the younger characters being considered expendable than anything else (which is its own issue), but it is a weird look nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Who's on the MLF?
    Same team as #1 (Strobe, Samurai, Dragoness, Wildside, Fourarms) plus Banshee.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

She's the villain because she opposes Scott. That's all the reason needed. Scott & Logan are the main priority heroes. If they want or believe something, and another character is contrary, that character will be the villain because by default Scottverine is always right.

lol

Characters who MAY be on even footing are other seniors like Storm, Jean, Emma, and Kurt. But other characters, especially youngsters aren't gonna be taken seriously. The younger mutants appear to be expendable for Rosenberg.

Quote Originally Posted by Synch340 View Post
    So you mean Magik couldn't have teleported Elixir or Triage to have one of them regenerate Scott a new eye!!!
    Elixir is with the Brotherhood and Triage...hmmm....Triage is a Bendis creation and not to be used?

Hope: UWU my dad is dead whuh whuh what am I gonna do now guyz what am I gonna doooooooooo...

Spotify:

Hope: Wow! Banshee, let's go murder civilians to make things worse for mutants while accomplishing nothing!

Sean: Alrite ye saucy lass that doesnaye make much sense at oll but death is better dinnae talkin' like this oll cheeky like for me entire life
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

#HopeWasRight

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    What are you talking about.
    Logan, "You are a hero because you kill".- I think it's a direct quote from RoW #1.

Ruth, Loa, and (an unsuccessful attempt at) Hope? Rosenberg loves killing teenage girls to prop up his white men.

Hope does sound pretty badass this issue.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Synch340 View Post
    She'd have to know where they are first. Plus, she seems to have received a power downgrade since New Mutants since she can't create clothes anymore either.