Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Logan only used Scott as an excuse since AvX he has an uncontrollable desire to impale and cut Hope. In fact it must be some fetish of him with redheads . I remember that something similar has happened before.

I can not say I liked how this story developed. It was dirty, hypocritical and to speak the truth without any notion. Hope act like a terrorist for believing being in a war is normal considering she's the daughter of Cable but on the other hand it does not make much sense what Scott and the X-men are doing. Most of them including Scott and Logan have ever done something similar or worse but act as if they have the right to say what is right or wrong or what gives them the right to arrest people in the basement rather than hand them over to the authorities?

This list of Scott makes no sense.
    Lol we all seem to ignore that xD

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It seems like concern trolling since all these people loved Kyost violently murder teenagers for multiple years.
    I always found it cheap and distasteful to use teenage death all the time during Decimation and later.

Emma was right

Is that the same Logan from Schism? What the heck.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Logan only used Scott as an excuse since AvX he has an uncontrollable desire to impale and cut Hope. In fact it must be some fetish of him with redheads . I remember that something similar has happened before.

I can not say I liked how this story developed. It was dirty, hypocritical and to speak the truth without any notion. Hope act like a terrorist for believing being in a war is normal considering she's the daughter of Cable but on the other hand it does not make much sense what Scott and the X-men are doing. Most of them including Scott and Logan have ever done something similar or worse but act as if they have the right to say what is right or wrong or what gives them the right to arrest people in the basement rather than hand them over to the authorities?

This list of Scott makes no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Lol we all seem to ignore that xD
    I present you with Rachel Summers (Grey) who threatened to kill the mass murdering psychopath Selene and Logan kindly gutted Rachel with his claws. The only reason she survived is because the Phoenix Force sealed her wound and prevented her from bleeding out. She was delirious and in pain running form the scene when she was enslaved to Mojo by Spiral. All Logan's fault!

Yeah, Logan really does have a fetish for stabbing redheads who are not related to him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    Is that the same Logan from Schism? What the heck.
    The Logan from Schism also tried to kill Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I present you with Rachel Summers (Grey) who threatened to kill the mass murdering psychopath Selene and Logan kindly gutted Rachel with his claws. The only reason she survived is because the Phoenix Force sealed her wound and prevented her from bleeding out. She was delirious and in pain running form the scene when she was enslaved to Mojo by Spiral. All Logan's fault!

Yeah, Logan really does have a fetish for stabbing redheads who are not related to him.
    Well if you are a redhead, stay away from Logan

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The Logan from Schism also tried to kill Hope.
    seems a constant

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Hope is the villain for the same reason the Punisher is a villain, because going out and murdering people because they do the bad is the bad that the good don't do. Actually, she's worse, at least Frank is hunting armed people like animals.

And political assassinations would never be good for mutants or any agenda about a persecuted group because you're just justifying the fear and racism, creating a martyr, and helping perpetuate the cycle you want to break.

Scott before he died would've never done this, so I guess back then he was too soft for Hope, but he was also smart, with a functioning brain.

So, once again, CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT!
    I get that, but from the grimdark nature of the story, things truly seem hopeless. There is no reason for anyone to think mutants will ever be in a better place if they are constantly surrounded by groups that march for their genocide, daily. And if there was any bigoted person to murk, I'd hope it would be the one that won't change their tune and is actively advocating for something worse than mandatory eugenocide.

Logan would kill people (including teenagers) if he thinks that it would avoid an even worse issue (stabbing Rachel was an example of that), it has been his modus operandi since the 80s, he is the guy that does the dirty work of the group. He is not proud of it, but he would do it, still a lot of this story feels... dull so is hard for me to care for the scene at all.
    Last edited by TheCape; 04-03-2019 at 07:42 AM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I get that, but from the grimdark nature of the story, things truly seem hopeless. There is no reason for anyone to think mutants will ever be in a better place if they are constantly surrounded by groups that march for their genocide, daily. And if there was any bigoted person to murk, I'd hope it would be the one that won't change their tune and is actively advocating for something worse than mandatory eugenocide.

Perhaps if the X-Men show genuine heroism, nobility and concern to protect a world that hates and fears them, humans will stop killing mutants.

It has never worked but you never know.

Even if things are bad, killing people will only make things worse and would only be good for selfish catharsis. They shouldn't do nothing in response to this, but they should be doing it the way Cyclops did. Confronting it and taking an active stand instead of operating from the dark. Scott would get on stage and confront a politician, but not blast them. That would just be supporting the beliefs you're fighting against. It's not good strategy and it's not what superheroes should do.

Writing the story so that significant X-Men alumni don't understand this is suspect, but at least they make the line clear.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I think we all agree that Hope is wrong (After all, she has been the villain regardless of all her previous characterization).

The point is that the X-Men do not seem to be giving a reasonable answer to the problem either. The comic is more concerned with telling us how NOT to do things than how to do them.

It only presents what we all already know.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Even if things are bad, killing people will only make things worse and would only be good for selfish catharsis. They shouldn't do nothing in response to this, but they should be doing it the way Cyclops did. Confronting it and taking an active stand instead of operating from the dark. Scott would get on stage and confront a politician, but not blast them. That would just be supporting the beliefs you're fighting against. It's not good strategy and it's not what superheroes should do.
    However, if you are fighting against a racist fascist regime then technically you are part of the revolution or the resistance. Then you are actually fighting a guerilla war against an overwhelming enemy. It depends on perspective. With the way that humans are rounding up mutants, experimenting on them, killing them, trying to "cure" them, personally I think Hope may be correct the only option is to treat it like a war and fight for survival. I will admit that there are probably no winners in this, but sitting down and letting the mutant race be unilaterally slaughtered by humans doesn't seem to be the wisest way to survive. Haha, can't believe I am saying this but long live the Mutant Liberation Front!!

It's not as if we can say that Hope is right but the current situation is not much different from Operation Zero Tolerance, the Sentinel Program, Decimation or the Inhuman cloud.

If the mutants run at least in theory the risk of extinction (again) you can not bother to play fair if you want to win or survive.

Or does anyone expect the Avengers to save the mutants? Or expect humans to change their minds and go back with the vaccine's decision out of pure goodness? When did this work?

Astonishing Member

My problem with hope being the villain is cyclops and Logan had x force fo around killing people they perceived to be threats and got a stern talking to , hope dose it once and Logan tries to gut her.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think we all agree that Hope is wrong (After all, she has been the villain regardless of all her previous characterization).

The point is that the X-Men do not seem to be giving a reasonable answer to the problem either. The comic is more concerned with telling us how NOT to do things than how to do them.

It only presents what we all already know.
    When Bendis left Marvel he clearly left DNA around the offices that infects some writers with his weaknesses, so Matt needs to go back and find the genetic material that'll let him write an impactful Scott speech.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate