Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Hope peaked with AvX. She can go away now.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I think the likeliest characters to die are either Karma or Chamber. From the solicits it sounds like the MLF will do the deed, so I doubt it's Hope. Warlock is a possibility, but for him to die there has to be pretty much nothing left of him, so I doubt there would be a coffin. Karma has the Dead Souls baggage to make up for, and seems to have some foreshadowing with Dark Beast, who would probably use her death as a distraction to escape. Chamber was separated from Shogo so there's no need to keep him around, and it seems likely to me that Emma will be showing up either at the funeral or directly after and he's her former student and that would make for extra dramaz.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    people do get bit tho
    This made me giggle

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    What the hell?
    Yeah that def wasn't it lol.

To be fair to Spirit, I think he/she meant that many gay people come out after years of trying to conform to hetero-normative standards. So people may think they are straight for a long time before coming to terms with who they are. Giving a huge benefit of the doubt here lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Hope peaked with AvX. She can go away now.
    That was a peak?!

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    That was a peak?!
    yeah. She fufilled and completed her purpose as the mutant Messiah

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I think the likeliest characters to die are either Karma or Chamber. From the solicits it sounds like the MLF will do the deed, so I doubt it's Hope. Warlock is a possibility, but for him to die there has to be pretty much nothing left of him, so I doubt there would be a coffin. Karma has the Dead Souls baggage to make up for, and seems to have some foreshadowing with Dark Beast, who would probably use her death as a distraction to escape. Chamber was separated from Shogo so there's no need to keep him around, and it seems likely to me that Emma will be showing up either at the funeral or directly after and he's her former student and that would make for extra dramaz.
    Did you read my previous post? Karma didn't do anything evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yeah. She fufilled and completed her purpose as the mutant Messiah
    writers never cared to give her another motivation. she seems dona already

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Karma didn't do anything evil in New Mutants Dead Souls as I understand things.

It was Warlock himself who clung onto Dani and not Karma's fault.

She just didn't tell Magik that the real mission is to find her evil brother and trap him inside herself again. I'm not sure why Magik was angry with Karma over that. Now they seem to have reconciled.

So why would she sacrifice herself? She didn't try to kill anyone except for her bro.
    The gravity of Karma's actions aren't the point. A sacrifice over what happened in Dead Souls would be meaningless to the majority of current UXM buyers. Chamber's death, on the other hand, would be meaningfully senseless and thus waaayyy more thematically appropriate. The guy refuses to get involved, people die. The guy gets involved, gets himself killed, doesn't get his revenge. Huge bummer.

Also, there might be the Emma connection.

Hope suffers from begin a plot device specifically created for the whole mutant messiah thing, past that she really has no purpose and hasn't been developed as a character to stand apart from that plot. In the years since her creation, a younger Jean came to the present and pretty much took all the attention that could have been used to further develop her. Yes, she is a combo of Jean and Cable, but we already have those characters (they even turned Cable into a teen, taking away more of what could make her especial).

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    writers never cared to give her another motivation. she seems dona already
    They had the perfect opurtunity to repurpose her as the new Cable especially after she got his signature scar last year. Her taking up the mantle of Cable and forming the new X-Force to go after Kid Cable would have been an interesting direction for her

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They had the perfect opurtunity to repurpose her as the new Cable especially after she got his signature scar last year. Her taking up the mantle of Cable and forming the new X-Force to go after Kid Cable would have been an interesting direction for her
    writers prefered kid cable. A wasted opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    why so many people hate Hope?
    she is so badass. She is like a combination of Cable and Jean, what's not to love?
    being another time traveling grey-summers kid doesn't help, there is already 3

being too brat

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Did you read my previous post? Karma didn't do anything evil.
    Karma misled her friends about the purpose of finding Tran.
    Her corporation was weaponizing and selling magic.
    She didn't try to help Dani and Warlock separate.
    She mind controlled Magik and made her kill Tran so she could absorb his mind again.
    She allowed Magik, Rahne, and Guido to be infected with the TO virus, and when they were, she was willing to hand them over to Callahan as test subjects.

Plus, if we are talking about diversity, Hope was another missed opportunity to introduce a POC into the X-men mythos, and yet they went ahead and created another white character. I understand at one point she was supposed to be Jean, or we were supposed to think she was Jean, or whatever. That would've been the perfect opportunity to add more diversity and as a mayor new character (at least at the time).

If i had to guess who will die, I would say Chamber. not that i want him to, I like the character. To me he just seems like the most likely character