Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

So... I don't agree that Hope was being presented as the villain here. She was presented as a conflict. She is someone with a dissenting opinion from Scott and his X-Men and it was displayed properly: there are definitely people that likely agree with Hope's sentiment here, and she was right. Cable was failed. By his father and his daughter, at the very least, and everyone around him at the most. And Hope is a soldier - she was raised in multiple post-apocalyptic future realities, how else was she going to react? And I think Scott was aware of that, hence why he made it a point to attempt to talk her down from what she was doing. And she was so fucking cool this issue regardless. I wish I could eye blast Logan like that.

And if Hope is ever blamed for Scott losing his eye, that's bogus. That's 100% on Logan.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Surprising new issue. I was not expecting it, at all.
    Because of #14 cover I thought the X-men would fight MFL, then talk and then put some sense in Hope's mind and then she and Banshee would join the team. In a very ordinary comic book way. But N-O-T.
    Everything went wrong and in a complete different direction. That's what I want in a X-men comic. Be surprised, apprehensive and expecting what happen next because I have no idea.

All the sequence in the rooftop is amazing. Loved the reference to Uncanny X-men #207.
    Loved Cyclops fainting and then waking up without know what happened to him, if Hope killed the politician, if Wolverine killed Hope, what the hell has Dark Beast done to him and the others.
    And it's great because it's the same sensation the reader is feeling. A very clever narrative choice.

Of course it's not perfect. Cyclops loosing an eye may indicate that in the end it all will be reversed. Just like when Havok had his face burned or Thor lost his eye on the movies. There's a tendency of heroes not have physical disabilities, maybe because they are meant to represent perfection.

I have some problems with Hope motivations. She not getting over Cable's death is understandable. So why the !@#$ she didn't go behind who killed her father - Kid Cable - instead of become a terrorist? (Afraid of people here agreeing with her)

And see everybody happy without the T.O vírus while Jamielock is clearly suffering is kinda creep.

The problem is that the person who killed her father is also her father. I do not even want to imagine the kind of paradox that would happen if Hope kills Kid Cable.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The problem is that the person who killed her father is also her father. I do not even want to imagine the kind of paradox that would happen if Hope kills Kid Cable.
    It's a little more complex than that in true comic book fashion. Both Cable and Wifi are 616 Nathan Christopher Summers, but Wifi's timeline diverges when he is a teenager... so he's not the Cable that goes on to raise Hope.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

This book is so bad

BANNED

I'm not a fan of cyclops loseing an eye from a bullet anything like that going near his eye should be near disintegrated by his power on contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    It's a little more complex than that in true comic book fashion. Both Cable and Wifi are 616 Nathan Christopher Summers, but Wifi's timeline diverges when he is a teenager... so he's not the Cable that goes on to raise Hope.
    Are we sure that Kid Cable will not forget everything that has happened and will grow to be Cable and that's it?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Elixir is with the Brotherhood and Triage...hmmm....Triage is a Bendis creation and not to be used?
    no Kwannon yet?
    A picture would last longer darling...

She doesn't neet to kill Kid Cable necessarily, but clarify what really happened.
    But they may be avoiding they meet so it will not interfere in Ed Brisson's X-force plans.

And I have forgot, the letters section.
    So Uncanny X-men Annual sales were so low because of printing and distribution problems?

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

The problem is that to link this story with Age of X-Man, Scott has nowhere to start. They have to find the Life Seed that was left on the beach and we do not know who has it. Scott does not even know that he has to find the Life Seed.

We know that someone had to pick it up because Scott and Kid Cable went and they did not find it (I do not think it was there but they did not see it).

Who can have it?

Emma? Xavier? Sinister?
    I think Nate used TK to grab the Lifeseed before they dissappeared and is using it to fuel the AU and to keep him alive until it burns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    And if Hope is ever blamed for Scott losing his eye, that's bogus. That's 100% on Logan.
    Logan wasn’t pointing a gun at his head.

Wolverine trying to kill teenagers is nothing new. Hell this is like the second time he's tried with Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Wolverine trying to kill teenagers is nothing new. Hell this is like the second time he's tried with Hope.
    Third, one in Utopia, one on the Moon and now this

Mighty Member

I'm curious how they plan to keep Hope locked in a place where she's completely surrounded by mutants to whom she can copy their powers.
    The strap-on-bomb solution they used for Illyana. If it detects Hope using her power...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Logan wasn’t pointing a gun at his head.
    Problem is if Logan didn't try to gut her from behind she never would have fired