Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Enjoyable read. I liked the screwy stuff at the end.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This was great. Loved the scene at the beginning with Forge trying to support the idea of rehabilitation and being shutdown by Psylocke with an implication that no one leaves the Danger Room. Lots of intriguing mysteries with Shard, Dani, and the masked (telepathic?) prison guards, look forward to seeing it all play out. Peralta's art is amazing and perfect for this book.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    This was great. Loved the scene at the beginning with Forge trying to support the idea of rehabilitation and being shutdown by Psylocke with an implication that no one leaves the Danger Room. Lots of intriguing mysteries with Shard, Dani, and the masked (telepathic?) prison guards, look forward to seeing it all play out. Peralta's art is amazing and perfect for this book.
    Of course people aren't going to leave. These people have proven to be resistant to Nate's brainwashing, why let them back out?

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    This book is making me want a Bishop ongoing, and I've never really cared about him before.
    Yeah, my appreciation for him has increased tenfold in two issues.

I think this book is a lovely slow burn of mystery. What I will appreciate about this foray into an AU is that I haven't had this fresh, exciting feeling of watching something unfold from its dark corners in a long time. This whole world is so familiar and yet so different.

Who the hell is Dani in this? I'm starting to wonder if she's actually David now. Dani is a pretty big link between Legion and X-Man.

And I'm taking posts in here of "This makes me appreciate Bishop/want a Bishop ongoing" as proof of something I've been saying for a while. Lorna - and characters like her - absolutely can generate buzz and sell comics regardless of what "conventional wisdom" is held by people focused only on nostalgia and the past. It's not a question of whether or not interest already exists, it's a question of if Marvel is willing to actually use the character and give them a real shot for once.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Lorna thinks she's in a straight-jacket?

Did Bishop send her to the phantom zone before arresting her or something?

Now, I can't ignore seeing her arms crossed in every panel...

Interesting how Dani only seems to remember New Mutants team mates who aren't in Age of X

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Lorna thinks she's in a straight-jacket?

Did Bishop send her to the phantom zone before arresting her or something?

Now, I can't ignore seeing her arms crossed in every panel...
    From what Gabby said, Lorna came to the prison so messed up mentally that when she, Gabby, told her she was wearing a straight jacket, she believed her and has never stopped believing her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    From what Gabby said, Lorna came to the prison so messed up mentally that when she, Gabby, told her she was wearing a straight jacket, she believed her and has never stopped believing her.
    I'll speculate that she remembered something she wasn't supposed to amid fighting Bishop and the other X-Men so Nate decided to spaghetti her mind and revise more history before putting her in prison.

BANNED

This was ok. Not a big fan of most of the issue, but it's nice seeing more of Forge and his plans. Also more Dani. The cover was a big exaggeration though. I'm half expecting next one to have two pages explaining Beast and moving on to more Bishop. Poor Lorna getting the shaft despite being cover girl.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    And I'm taking posts in here of "This makes me appreciate Bishop/want a Bishop ongoing" as proof of something I've been saying for a while. Lorna - and characters like her - absolutely can generate buzz and sell comics regardless of what "conventional wisdom" is held by people focused only on nostalgia and the past. It's not a question of whether or not interest already exists, it's a question of if Marvel is willing to actually use the character and give them a real shot for once.
    Bishop and Lorna are different monsters. Bishop was as popular as some of the top characters when he was first introduced, the 90s X-men era is Cable, Bishop, Gambit,Jubilee being ridiculously popular among fans. Up until his character assassination in Messiah Complex Bishop was a mainstay on the X-books. When they finally brought him back he was a regular again. The people going they want ongoing or appreciating Bishop isn't surprising they are catching on to what many people have known for awhile and has gotten use in solo X-projects. Bishop has about 4 mini series, and two separate runs from those in District X and Bishop the Last X-man that went over 12 issues. Bishop is on the small list of X-men who can hold a solo series on some level. Bishop doesn't fit the profile of character you are talking about.

Not saying that you are wrong about smaller characters but the interest in Bishop is already there and all that is need for him to excel a good concept to make use of his skills in this case, A prison drama where he can use his detective skills. This book works even better because it has some additional layers like It is telling a story of a Black man wrongfully imprisoned so it can hit on some of those subtext in the story. This book is not a concept Polaris pulls off as well Bishop has natural set up of being the authority and cop make it easy for everyone hates him in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    This was ok. Not a big fan of most of the issue, but it's nice seeing more of Forge and his plans. Also more Dani. The cover was a big exaggeration though. I'm half expecting next one to have two pages explaining Beast and moving on to more Bishop. Poor Lorna getting the shaft despite being cover girl.
    It is not a Lorna book tho, Bishop is the PoV character. If character is going to get screen time it is through interaction with Bishop. Maybe except for Forge who seems to be the main antagonist of the book
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 04-04-2019 at 02:48 AM.

This was a weird but interesting issue. Dissapointed in the lack of Lorna's focus, but I'm hopeful for the rest of the series. I'm intrigued about Moonstar's and Shard's mystery.
    Am I the only one who has a strong dislike towards this version of Gabby?

BANNED

Anduinel's & my comments, from the preview thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Questions and more questions.

I've had just about enough of Gabby, ngl. She's not even in the "precocious tween sidekick" role here, she's just grating.

Aside from that, I am really digging this. The amount of mindfuckery going on here is just off the charts. Everyone is taking Bishop's measure, Bishop is still getting nowhere figuring out who left that note, and less than nowhere figuring out where the boundaries of his reality are. Really getting "The Prisoner" vibes off this whole thing, and I can't even begin to guess where this is going to go. I'm just really looking forward to seeing Bishop and Polaris cut loose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Per the inside cover, recap/credits intro page:
    ... AFTER A VIOLENT ENCOUNTER WITH BEAST, BISHOP REALIZED THAT NOBODY ELSE REMEMBERED THEIR SHARED PAST. NOBODY EXCEPT FELLOW INMATES DANIELLE MOONSTAR AND POLARIS, WHO ARE SIMILARLY HAUNTED BY STRANGE MEMORIES. ...
    Guess this means that Pestilence flashback:

... WAS Lorna's?

Haven't read it yet--or Anduinel's spoiler-filled thoughts--but am about to now.
    Great read, and still my favorite AoXM title, but... VERY disappointed, with how lil' of Lorna there was. Dani too, for that matter. Bishop's encounter & subsequent eXchange with Beast, was the best part for me. Some cool developments that add to the mystery, and will undoubtedly lead to new speculation(s), are definitely there.
    I didn't care much for Gabby before this, personally, and do so even less now. She's beyond annoying, and off-putting.

The Polaris thinking she's in a straitjacket thing, is... BIZARRE! But I'm kinda diggin' it, and like you, GREATLY look forward to when she finally breaks free and just... UNLEASHES!

I'm getting the impression nobody can "see" Dani, other than Lucas, and maybe Lorna. Well, and Shard. Speaking of, Moonstar's seeming fear of her, and Shard's reactionary comment about her was... in her own words, "INTERESTING." Adds to the idea that there's 2 likely telepathic minds, waging an Astral Plane like war, here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    ... Shard... a construct of Nate. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Dani and Shard... remind me of Nate and David...
    This is what I'm leanin' towards, Shard = Nate, and Dani = Legion.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 04-04-2019 at 04:44 AM.

This what I'm leanin' towards, Shard = Nate, and Dani = Legion.
    That is pretty interesting theory