Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Age of X-Man: Prisoner X #2 (spoilers/discussion)

OK. So there were a lot of levels of mindfuck going on in this issue, and we've got confirmation that Forge is responsible for it on some level. I guess my big question is: just how much does Forge understand about the nature of this reality? Because that fight with Bishop against his past selves references events that seem out of step with the revised history X-Man has put together for his little snowglobe.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Yeah this was a wild mindscrew. My biggest questions involve Shard, i'm thinking she has to be a construct of Nate. I wonder how long she has been there?

At first I thought it was Dani creating the illusions.
    But maybe all the prison is a Danger Room controlled by Forge.
    I liked Beast faking being the bad guy.
    Nate replaced him on the X-men, I wanna know why.

Dani and Shard's reactions to each other remind me of Nate and David at the start of Disassembled.

Loved Dani in this. She didnt get alot of panel time but what she did get was good

I miss Shard.

I still can not tell if the illusions are provoked by the guards or not. The laughter sounds more like Legion.

Intriguing issue.

Shard is some avatar that Forge uses to enter Bishop head.

I guess the ilusions are part of the reducation program. Makes no sense for me...

I take it from how nobody's saying much about Lorna that she had very little role in this issue, despite the cover. Which doesn't really surprise me if true. I'm sure it's common for various characters, but it also matches how X-Men Blue #8 had Lorna on the cover only to make all her scenes about promoting Havok.

The one good note I'll say of what I've heard is about Lorna thinking she's in a straitjacket when she's not. That makes me think of theories that Lorna has been holding herself back throughout X-Men history. Her belief that she's in a straitjacket could be her self-doubt and fear of her own powers and potential manifesting in something that binds her. In which case, the "secret history" imposed on Lorna that she was once evil and defeated by Bishop could be part of reinforcing the self-limiting delusion so she doesn't try to break free.

I'm talking from what I've heard, of course, not from reading it. So please correct me if I'm wrong on anything.

None of it offsets my complaint about how this whole concept was lifted from Lorna's use on Gifted and given to Bishop, instead of letting Lorna lead it while Bishop led something else. It's just a note of kudos where due amid a larger issue.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Bishop tries to talk to her but gets nowhere. Gabby trolls him over it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Bishop get beaten a lot on this issue

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I think the prison is Legions mind sorta similar to the mental prison he escaped from in his X-men legacy run.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I think the prison is Legions mind sorta similar to the mental prison he escaped from in his X-men legacy run.
    So do I but I think Nate is still sleeping on the beach from the end of Uncanny 10. This is all happening in his head as he is passed out. I'm not sure if the beachscape is real or an astral plane thing but I think he is just lying there as things go on his head.

Quote Originally Posted by greyspawn View Post
    So do I but I think Nate is still sleeping on the beach from the end of Uncanny 10. This is all happening in his head as he is passed out. I'm not sure if the beachscape is real or an astral plane thing but I think he is just lying there as things go on his head.
    Cyclops and Kid Cable went to that beach and there was nobody.

I believe they are inside the Life Seed, which is missing.

This book is making me want a Bishop ongoing, and I've never really cared about him before.

Astonishing Member

So many mindscrews. I can't tell if this is the work of the prison, the mysterious guards who boss around Forge or someone else.