Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

The latest issue was fantastic. We get the return of that adorable crystal Lantern from issue 1, and get to watch Hal Jordan get his ass kicked seven ways by a Superman-themed Manson Family.

And, dear lord, that art. Haven't seen anything like that since SuperGods ended. Pure Kirby craziness.

Pick this one up, guys.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The latest issue was fantastic. We get the return of that adorable crystal Lantern from issue 1, and get to watch Hal Jordan get his ass kicked seven ways by a Superman-themed Manson Family.

And, dear lord, that art. Haven't seen anything like that since SuperGods ended. Pure Kirby craziness.

Pick this one up, guys.
    What? Didn't realize it was out already.

Not sure I enjoy seeing Hal get beat up, but definitelily will pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    What? Didn't realize it was out already.

Not sure I enjoy seeing Hal get beat up, but definitelily will pick it up.
    It's a great fight. The fight starts with a bang. And there's a moment with a million green fists that is amazing. The art is fantastic.

Astonishing Member

It's a great fight. The fight starts with a bang. And there's a moment with a million green fists that is amazing. The art is fantastic.
    I trust you man.I'm looking forward to it.

Will I need someone to dumb it down for me? I mean, does it have a lot of New Gods references? If it does, then some things may just fly over my head.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I trust you man.I'm looking forward to it.

Will I need someone to dumb it down for me? I mean, does it have a lot of New Gods references? If it does, then some things may just fly over my head.
    This one has lots of layers, but it works just fine as a Hal vs a Superman-knock off Manson Family fight. However, it does end on a pretty big cliffhanger that plays into the larger story Morrison & Sharp are telling.

The art has strong Kirby feels, but also taps into the Silver Age Superman stuff quite heavily. Sharp keeps evolving with each issue. He's reinventing himself every few pages now.

Is season 2 still finishing at issue 8 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Is season 2 still finishing at issue 8 ?
    No. It was returned to 12 issues when Didio left DC and that Generations idea got put on hold or killed.

Quote Originally Posted by AMAZINGTFL View Post
    No. It was returned to 12 issues when Didio left DC and that Generations idea got put on hold or killed.
    Superb. That’s great. Thanks

Holy $#!* there's a lot to unpack with this newest issue.

Morrison and Sharp are not lacking in ambition here. These issues practically demand multiple re-reading in order to grasp all the ideas that are being thrown at you.

And, lordy, Sharp is bringing his A game. I honestly can't think of an artist that has shown this much range in a single series. This guy is a straight-up superstar.

Mighty Member

Holy $#!* there's a lot to unpack with this newest issue.

Morrison and Sharp are not lacking in ambition here. These issues practically demand multiple re-reading in order to grasp all the ideas that are being thrown at you.

And, lordy, Sharp is bringing his A game. I honestly can't think of an artist that has shown this much range in a single series. This guy is a straight-up superstar.
    I breezed through the preview. What's this biggest crisis the issue was showing? What is the new threat?

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    I breezed through the preview. What's this biggest crisis the issue was showing? What is the new threat?
    That's one of the big ideas that Morrison is playing with and, like I said, it's going to take a lot of re-reading once the whole series is done to fully unpack it all. If I had to guess, I would say that Morrison's "Multi-Crisis" is commenting on the current state of comics, forever stuck in an never-ending series of events in which all existence is being destroyed, and the real world, which has also become consumed with one crisis after another.

However, that's just my guess. As with most Morrison epics, the big picture won't become clear until the endgame, which is what makes his writing so frustrating for readers just looking for another fun superhero romp, which this book has sometimes been, but is also much, much more.

Mighty Member

That sounds about Morrison's style. Thanks.

Someone help me understand something. In the last issue of season 1 we saw qwa man and the qwa master pretty much destroying everything around them Hal was rescued by the blackstars who then convinced him to recreate the universe. I was under the impression that he accepted it because the world was about to be destroyed because of contact with anti matter after the black stars arc we learn that he tricked them and didn't actually recreate the universe but when he returns it seems that the qwa man attack had no effect. I didn't quite get what happened. Did the qwa man stopped fighting and escaped to the Anti matter universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Someone help me understand something. In the last issue of season 1 we saw qwa man and the qwa master pretty much destroying everything around them Hal was rescued by the blackstars who then convinced him to recreate the universe. I was under the impression that he accepted it because the world was about to be destroyed because of contact with anti matter after the black stars arc we learn that he tricked them and didn't actually recreate the universe but when he returns it seems that the qwa man attack had no effect. I didn't quite get what happened. Did the qwa man stopped fighting and escaped to the Anti matter universe?
    Since we don't know exactly why the Qwa Man was created, it'll be tricky to figure that out right now. My guess is that Qwa Man is drawn to Hal Jordan for some unknown reason. When Hal disappeared to his pocket universe, the Qwa Man left to go find him.

Since we don't know exactly why the Qwa Man was created, it'll be tricky to figure that out right now. My guess is that Qwa Man is drawn to Hal Jordan for some unknown reason. When Hal disappeared to his pocket universe, the Qwa Man left to go find him.
    Initially I thought Hal just used the miracle machine the same way Superman used in Final Crisis. Remember he wished for an happy ending where all the damage was erased but Hal couldn't have done that because clearly the corps is aware of what happened that's why they were celebrating him and the qwa man returned for revenge so the last battle in season 1 still happened. I guess we have to assume that after Jordan left the universe he did too.