Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Default Morrison & Sharp's The Green Lantern *latest issue spoilers*

Hal Jordan vs Controller Mu is taking some new twists and turns that I, for one, was not expecting. However, trying to out-think a Morrison story is always a mistake. His stories are meant to be chewed on.

I am going to be doing a rereading of the first few issues this week. Anyone want to discuss it, I'll doing it here. Looking forward to seeing how much more stuff there is in these books when you dig deeper.

Free will vs control has revealed itself as Morrison's primary theme. Wonder if Darkseid, seeker of the Anti-Life Equation, breaker of wills, might show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Hal Jordan vs Controller Mu is taking some new twists and turns that I, for one, was not expecting. However, trying to out-think a Morrison story is always a mistake. His stories are meant to be chewed on.

I am going to be doing a rereading of the first few issues this week. Anyone want to discuss it, I'll doing it here. Looking forward to seeing how much more stuff there is in these books when you dig deeper.

Free will vs control has revealed itself as Morrison's primary theme. Wonder if Darkseid, seeker of the Anti-Life Equation, breaker of wills, might show up.
    I was getting "The Matrix" flashbacks when Mu was talking about how Hal is still being controlled even if he doesn't know it, etc... I need to read it again when I'm not rushing to get to work.

Great stuff with Adam Strange though. I am really liking how Sharp depicts Hal as well.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Actuallly,I'm exciting about Grant Morrison bring back GL's ring universe.Which I personally think it's a great idea.Sort of like Hal private fortress of solitude or valhalla.
    And he bring back spoilers:
    myrwhydden
    end of spoilers
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

All-New Member

Did anyone else notice that Alanna is back to being white again? The last appearance before this issue I remember is in Death Of Hawkman. Anyone else remember her most recent appearance?

Perhaps a use of the Anti-Life Equation outside of the Fourth World mythos?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    Actuallly,I'm exciting about Grant Morrison bring back GL's ring universe.Which I personally think it's a great idea.Sort of like Hal private fortress of solitude or valhalla.
    And he bring back spoilers:
    myrwhydden
    end of spoilers
    That last page, what does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    That last page, what does it mean?
    The guy on the last page was a being trapped inside the world inside Hal's ring back in the Silver Age. He was a powerful sorcerer that Abin Sur fought originally.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    The guy on the last page was a being trapped inside the world inside Hal's ring back in the Silver Age. He was a powerful sorcerer that Abin Sur fought originally.
    The way he is drawn here, I wonder if Morrison is gonna make him into a 5th dimensional imp.

He does love his 5ŧħ dimensional imps.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Mrythwydn of the unspellable name is already Hal's Mr.Myx of the more unspellable.

He's the weed and shrooms version of a 5th Dimensional Imp, which Broome was definitely tripping on when he invented him with Gil Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Perhaps a use of the Anti-Life Equation outside of the Fourth World mythos?
    I suspect he'll be tying Starlin's idea of an Anti-Life Entity with Kirby's concept of it being the Ultimate Control over Free Will.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    The way he is drawn here, I wonder if Morrison is gonna make him into a 5th dimensional imp.

He does love his 5ŧħ dimensional imps.
    I hope so. There's a part of me that wants a Super Pet and an Imp for each of the Big Seven. We ain't that far from those either, if you get a little creative.

Spectacular Member

Another good issue, seems like the next is going to really kick off the whole thing in Morrison style.

Glad Morrison is staying for at least 24 issues but hope he stays on for more. Feels like DC can only do Green Lantern right with a big writer nowadays.

Sharp's contributions to this book's success cannot be overstated. This is, by far, the best work he's ever done.

Sharp's contributions to this book's success cannot be overstated. This is, by far, the best work he's ever done.
    He is killing it. He’s just doing so much different stuff and it all looks great. Morrison is bringing his craziest ideas and Sharp is keeping up and then some.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    I hope so. There's a part of me that wants a Super Pet and an Imp for each of the Big Seven. We ain't that far from those either, if you get a little creative.
    Aquaman has like super-pet superiority. But I feel like Batman lately has been giving him a run for his money, with Ace, Ace II, Titus, Bat-Cow, Alfred the Cat, etc ...

Mxyzptlk (who has affiliates - Nyxlygspl, Vyndktvx, Brpzx, and Ferlyn Nyxly) ... Bat-Mite ... Qwsp (who has brothers Qwrk and Qwnk) ... Myrwdden ... four out of seven? I'm actually ultra curious what imps for the other three would be like. I'm imagining a more classic Arabian djinn take on an imp for Wonder Woman, definitely female. I figure a Flash Imp is going to be kind of lightning/speed force affiliated. But man, what do you do for a Martian Imp?
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com