Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This might sound like a stupid question, but just to make sure... Qwa Man and Weaponeer 666 that led the anti-matter squad in previous issue is the same character, right? At the end of season 1 Qwa Man is repaired and reborn as Weaponeer 666, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Holy $#!* there's a lot to unpack with this newest issue.

Morrison and Sharp are not lacking in ambition here. These issues practically demand multiple re-reading in order to grasp all the ideas that are being thrown at you.

And, lordy, Sharp is bringing his A game. I honestly can't think of an artist that has shown this much range in a single series. This guy is a straight-up superstar.
    Wasn’t really a fan of the Hyperman issue, whole thing kind of flew over my head, but the latest issue was great! The Guardians have never been weirder, and the very concept of a “Death Lantern” is crazy.

Fantastic Member

Did anybody else notice on the page showing Hal's past love-interests that Morrisson seems to have forgotten about Arisia?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    Did anybody else notice on the page showing Hal's past love-interests that Morrisson seems to have forgotten about Arisia?
    "Forgotten" or "let's avoid Hal ending up on a register in certain states"?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    "Forgotten" or "let's avoid Hal ending up on a register in certain states"?
    Hmmmm... you may have a point.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It's best to pretend that whole Arisha thing never happened.

Yes, Hal already have a lot of angry fans gunning for him.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    This might sound like a stupid question, but just to make sure... Qwa Man and Weaponeer 666 that led the anti-matter squad in previous issue is the same character, right? At the end of season 1 Qwa Man is repaired and reborn as Weaponeer 666, right?
    I believe so, yes.

Astonishing Member

Are they old characters or just new creations of Morrison?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Are they old characters or just new creations of Morrison?
    The Weaponers of Qward have been around since 1960, but this more hellish approach is new.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The Weaponers of Qward have been around since 1960, but this more hellish approach is new.
    Yeah, something weird is definitely going on in the Anti-Matter Universe ... or ... Reversoverse as he's calling it ... or Negative Zone as they say. And Anti-Hal Jordan definitely seems to be at the center of it, the hideous brute. While I'm very curious at the specifics of "What's Happening on Qward?" it's hardly Morrison's first foray into the Reversoverse as they were obviously front and center the stars of his epic JLA: Earth 2 storyline, so under Morrison's pen we've already met his Reverso-Superman, Reverso-Batman, Reverso-Kyle Rayner and the like, and they looked an AWFUL LOT like Earth 3's Crime Syndicate of America.

I'd say it could all be pretty resultant on the lax attention paid by their "Godevil down below" in recent years, being the Anti-Monitor himself. O.G. Mobius was handing out lightning bolts to Weaponeers who were creating Anti-Matter Corps before, and lurking around some of Sinestro's origins, but ever since he popped back up after Infinite Crisis and "befriended" Sinestro, then got dead and weaponized by Nekron, then was experimenting with White Light, then tried using the Flashpointing to offload his bad case of Anti-Life and feuding with Darkseid, then got so thoroughly invested in his own Momma Drama, it seems the Anti-Universe has been undergoing some radical shifts.

Prior to this weirdness I believe our last contact with Negative Space was in dealing with the singular "Weaponer", who became Sinestro's armorer. And Sinestro I think has emergency bailed to Qward a couple times. It actually raises a pretty good question of "DOES SINESTRO KNOW ABOUT THIS?" that could be relevant to The Green Lantern book. So far, while Moz has avoided a lot of Johnsian Green Lantern tropes in favor of utilizing the heck out of the weirder Gardner/Fox and Justice League level cosmic crazy, his only use of Sinestro was in fact ANTI-SINESTRO.

And then there's the mystery of Zundernell of Earth-15 and the Cosmic Grail! A mystery that goes all the way back to Countdown and Final Crisis!
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Does it really go back to Countdown? Last I remember it didn't really fit well with Final Crisis and Morrison's other works.

Incredible Member

Does it really go back to Countdown? Last I remember it didn't really fit well with Final Crisis and Morrison's other works.
    Yeah, but some things from Countdown were mentioned on other stories after its ending, even by Morrison:

-Earth 15 being destroyed by Superboy Prime is stated to be in continuity on Multiversity Guidebook, by Morrison. However, the Cosmic Grail plot was introduced on Multiversity, not on Countdown.

-The death of the original Trickster, Jesse James.

-The Red Robin suit that Tim wore was brought to Earth 0 from another universe by Jason at the end of Countdown.

Given how Morrison disavowed most of the ancillary stuff that Didio was selling around Final Crisis, I doubt he has any interest in Countdown, even if some of the stuff in that story used some of his ideas.

But Morrison does have a habit of using anything and everything if it works to forward whatever story his telling, so anything is possible.