Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Football & Symbiotes: A Flash Thompson/ Agent Venom Appreciation

So I gotta say Venom has always been my favorite Spidey bad guy. I'm a sucker for the doppelganger trope. And I was an Eddie Brock Venom purist for years. But let me tell you, Flash has kicked Eddie off the throne as best Venom. Ever. Rick and Cullen's time on his solo was great. I loved his relationship with Valkyrie, I loved his protege Andi aka Mania. And I'm really excited to see Flash learn more about the Symbiote while he's with the GoG.

Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Easily one of my favorite runs ever.

I know buy any series with Flash/Agent Venom in it.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Easily one of my favorite runs ever.

I know buy any series with Flash/Agent Venom in it.
    You know whats kinda funny if you think about it?

Flash became Venom in 2011 and its now 2014. In the three years he's been Venom; think how much he's ingrained himself into the larger MU. He's been a Secret Avenger, a Thunderbolt, now he's a GoG. He's "seeing" an Asgardian, he's pretty buddy buddy with Cap, Beast and a few of the other main Avengers, he has a sidekick.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

He's a more interesting read than any other host Venom ever had. I loved the first 20 or so issues of his series, with the military angle, the heavily depressing vibe and the personal rivalry with Jack O' Lantern. Then it all started to get way too weird around the Las Vegas crossover with Red Hulk, X23 and Ghost Rider. The Philadelphia stuff had nonsense like the demonic stuff (you would think Spidey fans are not particularly interested in reading more about Mephisto), a regressed Eddie Brock and worst of all, Mania, ugh.

I love Mania!

Sure some of the more supernatural stuff he had to deal with was little odd. But Andi is a gem!

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I wouldn't mind Mania teaming up with Spider-Girl at some point.

Anyway, he looks so happy in GoTG when he got new guns!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I love Mania!

Sure some of the more supernatural stuff he had to deal with was little odd. But Andi is a gem!
    Hell, yes. She should be in more Marvel series. I also concur with Sardorim about her meeting Spider-Girl, and hmm . . . I think I got it.

Mania, Hummingbird (Aracely from Scarlet Spider/New Warriors), and Spider-Girl. Teenage superhero team-up made in heaven.

Oh, and given that Mania is in part a product of supernatural tampering/interference, there should be a comic where she meets Robbie Reyes, the All-New Ghost Rider. See how her inner demon/Hell Mark reacts to Robbie's Spirit of Vengeance and vice versa. Said angle could also work for Hummingbird/Aracely, since she is apparently the mortal incarnation of the Aztec sun/war god Huitzilopochtli and thus potentially sensitive to supernatural phenomena as well . . . hmm, Aracely/Robbie team-up, or Aracely/Andi (Mania) team-up, or Andi/Robbie team-up?
    The spider is always on the hunt.