Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I think Flash and Mania appear once in a side story in Venom 150, but TBH I'd recommend skipping that - for me, at least, it was a more anger-inducing experience than an enjoyable story.
    Thanks. That'll save me some time and money. That'll just get dumped into Knightfall Omnibus v3 or something else.

The one character I didn't want to bite the dust dies, RIP to my favorite Venom.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    You know what makes this almost a little worse? If they don't keep him dead 800 truly will amount to almost nothing.

So basically he was separated for a pet character, movie synergy, and got Anti-Venom to be in a fight because we needed something to make the latest fight with Norman Osborn look like it has meaning behind it. Except Flash had barely appeared (mostly cameos) so he could appear in two Spider-man arcs and the last where he dies. I mean it would be heroic and all except if it wasn't painfully obvious that was his only reason to be here. Because the Venom books didn't really do anything with him. Then he gets Anti-Venom and dies the very next story arc. So he's basically here to be put in a position to die.

Anybody else getting CW2 Rhodey flashbacks?
    What makes it even worse is that Flash had literally no reason to even be at the place Peter was confronting Osborn in the first place. The same kind of effect showing that Flash had been the one who threw a wrench into Osborn's attack on Peter's loved ones by him coming over whatever earpiece Peter was using revealing both that he had stopped it and revealed that he knew Peter's identity. The end of the story wouldn't have changed at all without Flash's death. He was literally only in that position so Slott could kill him.

Extraordinary Member

It's comics, I've seen worse deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockdingo View Post
    Interesting ideas! I'd dig that being canon.

Thanks for the link, I'll have to check it out sometime.
    You are welcome. I hope you enjoy the story if only a little.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    It's comics, I've seen worse deaths.
    Ain't that the truth.

He'll be back. But I was really hoping we'd get a new Flash book. Turns out we get the exact opposite in the comic book world.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    What makes it even worse is that Flash had literally no reason to even be at the place Peter was confronting Osborn in the first place. The same kind of effect showing that Flash had been the one who threw a wrench into Osborn's attack on Peter's loved ones by him coming over whatever earpiece Peter was using revealing both that he had stopped it and revealed that he knew Peter's identity. The end of the story wouldn't have changed at all without Flash's death. He was literally only in that position so Slott could kill him.
    This is why I said ASM 800 has dropped my opinion of Slott as a writer by a lot. Horrible writing all around. The entire symbiote plot was a complete waste of time and pages.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

What if... Flash Thompson was Spider-Man?

Written by Gerry Conway with art by Diego Olortegui and a cover by Patch Zircher, the questions are asked...what if Peter Parker wasn’t the one bitten by the radioactive spider? What if the person who got bit was someone who didn’t live by the mantra of “with great power comes great responsibility”? What if that person was an egotistical bully who was only interested in taking care of himself?

What if…Flash Thompson became Spider-Man? Find out on October 3.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=54342659
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If we go with the previous what if Flash was bitten by the spider. it will not end well.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

I made an Agent Venom respect thread here if anyone is interested.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

An Agent Venom art I commissioned for my boyfriend yesterday in a local con (artist Marco Renna)
    IMG-20180916-WA0020.jpg
    Friendly reminder that Nathan Summers and Rachel Grey Summers care about each other

Kitty: "We need to buy ourselves a little time to figure this out. We need alibis."
    Rachel: "Leading a rebellion in outer space? Being held prisoner by the hand in Madripoor? Judging a Wolverine cosplay contest in Japan?"

Thanks for sharing. It looks sweet.

BANNED

BANNED