Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Well I was right doesn’t mean it didn’t hurt

Its Marvel comics folks....you know this wont stay Good send off issue regardless.

What an F'ing waste. But gotta push Brock despite Flash being 20x the character.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

While I've never been the biggest Flash fan, he deserved far better.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

spoilers:
    Flash isn't staying dead but it's kind of a bummer that his major role in the books in the past few months was all to set up and telegraph his death here.
    end of spoilers

What kinda pisses me off about Slott killing off Flash is that not only was it unnecessary, but it basically shows that he only repowered him in Venom Inc so he could kill him here. My only hope is that the fact that Flash still had the Anti-Venom left on him as we could clearly see when he showed up, that over time, the symbiote will reform and revive him. There’s at least that bit of wiggle room.

I was really hoping that Flash would make it to Venom's new book and be Eddie's co-star. There's a lot of potential to be explored, especially given the revelations in just the first issue. I've loved Eddie since I first saw the big lug in toyform in 1993 or 94, but I felt Flash has been a welcome character. They're different people and I feel that they could have and should be in a book together down the line. Plus, having a disabled veteran hero was a nice touch.

I long ago said that only Eddie should be Anti-Venom and Flash could stay Venom. The recent re-emergence of Brock as the primary host made me nervous since I feared his character evolution would be reversed, but I, thankfully was wrong and actually enjoyed Costa's run. I don't think Flash was really well utilized as Anti-Venom, there was a bigger impact to Brock having the ability to heal--it represented his redemption. I know this is comics, but I do hope Flash comes back soon, so he and Andi can have adventures together again.
    Voice Actor and Symbiote Fanatic -- Hoping for Anti-Venom's return daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    What kinda pisses me off about Slott killing off Flash is that not only was it unnecessary, but it basically shows that he only repowered him in Venom Inc so he could kill him here. My only hope is that the fact that Flash still had the Anti-Venom left on him as we could clearly see when he showed up, that over time, the symbiote will reform and revive him. There’s at least that bit of wiggle room.
    Here’s hoping. I thought Flash brining Agent Anti-Venom was a great concept and was excited to see it explored further.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shockdingo View Post
    ...I long ago said that only Eddie should be Anti-Venom and Flash could stay Venom.....
    As an aside in my What If? OMD Never Happened fanfic I went with Eddie as Anti-Venom, Flash as Agent Toxin and gave Andi the Venom Symbiote to become Mania. I feel Anti-Venom fits Eddie better than does Venom as the whole "healing'" concept behind the character feeds into Eddie's religious obsession. While Toxin's wanna-be heroic nature (too bad they killed the Symbiote off in 616 Canon) is a great fit for Flash's boyscout personality.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1281972...-The-Great-Web
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

My personal head-canon now is that Valkyrie picked up Flash just before Flash cast off this mortal coil. If anyone would be worthy of Valhalla, it would be him, and given their past relationship in Secret Avengers, I could see her welcoming him into Valhalla as a sign of her respect --- if not her affection, given how their relationship ended in Fearless Defenders --- for him as a hero.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Default Football & Symbiotes: A Flash Thompson/Agent Venom Appreciation

Honestly screw Marvel. Flash was my favorite character after how they character assassinated Peter, and now they've literally assassinated him in the worst possible way for no reason. When Eddie was Anti-Venom he was able to cure the entire city of New York, yet somehow Flash can't even cure 5 people without losing almost all his symbiote? And considering Peter never even used the symbiote in the final battle he should have just given it to Flash to heal him. I'm done with Marvel and I am not picking up any of their comics again. Looks like pretty much everyone there is a complete hack without the credentials to even lift a pencil, let alone write such beloved characters...
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Mighty Member

Just finished the Venom Inc tpb - how much of Flash and/or Mania appear in Costa's Venom run before Inc? I skipped out on the run because I'm not a big Eddie Brock fan, but was curious if there's enough Flash and Mania to make it worth reading (to me). Thanks in advance

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Just finished the Venom Inc tpb - how much of Flash and/or Mania appear in Costa's Venom run before Inc? I skipped out on the run because I'm not a big Eddie Brock fan, but was curious if there's enough Flash and Mania to make it worth reading (to me). Thanks in advance
    I think Flash and Mania appear once in a side story in Venom 150, but TBH I'd recommend skipping that - for me, at least, it was a more anger-inducing experience than an enjoyable story.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    As an aside in my What If? OMD Never Happened fanfic I went with Eddie as Anti-Venom, Flash as Agent Toxin and gave Andi the Venom Symbiote to become Mania. I feel Anti-Venom fits Eddie better than does Venom as the whole "healing'" concept behind the character feeds into Eddie's religious obsession. While Toxin's wanna-be heroic nature (too bad they killed the Symbiote off in 616 Canon) is a great fit for Flash's boyscout personality.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1281972...-The-Great-Web
    Interesting ideas! I'd dig that being canon.

Thanks for the link, I'll have to check it out sometime.
    Voice Actor and Symbiote Fanatic -- Hoping for Anti-Venom's return daily.

iMan 42s

You know what makes this almost a little worse? If they don't keep him dead 800 truly will amount to almost nothing.

So basically he was separated for a pet character, movie synergy, and got Anti-Venom to be in a fight because we needed something to make the latest fight with Norman Osborn look like it has meaning behind it. Except Flash had barely appeared (mostly cameos) so he could appear in two Spider-man arcs and the last where he dies. I mean it would be heroic and all except if it wasn't painfully obvious that was his only reason to be here. Because the Venom books didn't really do anything with him. Then he gets Anti-Venom and dies the very next story arc. So he's basically here to be put in a position to die.

Anybody else getting CW2 Rhodey flashbacks?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.