Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Villain-centric movies you'd like to see?

So the first trailer for the Joker movie dropped today (and was surprisingly good in my opinion), and it got me thinking, with the dumb fun success of Venom last year, and the evil Superman homage Brightburn coming up, it seems like villain movies might become more of a thing for a while. So with that I ask, what villains do you think can pull off being solo movie stars?

A better Suicide Squad movie is obviously wanted.

Lex Luther is probably the biggest one you can do after the Joker.

A Darkseid film could properly set him up as a threat since the Justice League failed to do so.

Honestly I want something like a Killer Moth or Kite-Man movie. A story of a loser super-villain dealing with his day to day is something I want to see. I want to see those Spider-Man 2 struggles but put in a more outlandish world.

Other than that It would be cool to see an Arkham movie that is basically the Breakfast Club but with Super-villains.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

I saw the trailer too and not only was it really good in my opinion, but I think Joaquin Phoenix has a real shot at a Best Actor Oscar nod, if not a win.

Anyway, to answer your question, if Joker can get a solo movie, then I say why can't we get a Luthor movie? I'd think that'd be an obvious choice. There's more than enough material on Lex to mine for a solo feature film.

Aside from that...I think that a movie about Maxwell Lord could make for a great time. That is, unless Pedro Pascal isn't already playing him in Wonder Woman 1984.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 04-03-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Deathstroke ...actually make that an HBO series.

I've always said you can make a movie using Batman main villains but I don't think I would actually care to see it done and I'm really drawing a blank for villains that are a part of other heroes rogues gallery.

Hmm, maybe Black Manta since his son becomes Aqualad and they can play up dynamic towards the end of the movie or for future movies.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 04-07-2019 at 05:07 AM.

I'd be interested in seeing a movie about...

Gog.

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-23-2021 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Deathstroke is a great shout, but an HBO-style series would work well.

The Rogues in their own film would be just fine. A loose adaptation of Rogue War would be amazing ,with only vague and distant references or images of the Flash.

Deathstroke in a Raid/John Wick-esque movie. Imagine him cutting a bloody and unstoppable swath through the League of Assassins with Ra’s Al Ghul’s name at the top of his list.
    Black Adamn would be cooler than hell too.
    Lex Luthor in a more cerebral thriller with Superman only making brief appearances till the last half. The object of his obsession.

The Secret Six, definitely.

I think doing a Legion of Doom film could be wildly entertaining too.

An urbane tale of Gothic horror through the ages detailing the rise, fall and rebirth of Dicky Swift, Mr. Black, The Shade

The Shade.jpg

"In darkness evil triumphs"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 04-04-2019 at 05:53 AM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Circe, Count Vertigo, Lady Shiva, Black Manta and Vandal Savage.

Probably wouldn’t be too hard to make a green Lantern movie with Sinestro as the protagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    The Rogues in their own film would be just fine. A loose adaptation of Rogue War would be amazing ,with only vague and distant references or images of the Flash.
    I don't know how you do Rogue War with only vague references to The Flash. That becomes a very different story. I'd actually like to see The Rogues in a film styled after Nick Spencer's Superior Foes of Spider-Man. That'd be a lot of fun.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Vandal Savage

An origin story on this guy would be epic! Seeing him in the current day, setting up his first attack on the Justice League, via a secret society or by manipulating and weakening the government using intricate subterfuge. Simultaneously, we're taken through a series of flashbacks that show us his origins, his presence throughout history, how he developed his skills, the secret power that he's amassed, the relationships he's had, the children he's watched grow old and or die for him during battle, etc. All this would lead to his first victory against the League. End movie. Justice League 2 or 3 would follow.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    The Secret Six, definitely.

I think doing a Legion of Doom film could be wildly entertaining too.
    When they gave Gunn the "Suicide Squad" film, I couldn't help but think "Man, maybe they should have let him take a crack at a 'Secret Six' film..."

Also...

Prometheus.

You could just go ham.