Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Default I want a Super-Verse on Infinite Earths Super-Sons animated movie!

Watching Spider-Verse again makes me shake my fist to the heavens that Marvel beat DC to making Infinite Earths mainstream.

But Spider-Verse is such a good movie, you gotta give it credit for being one of the all-time greatest superhero movies ever made.

Now, despite the fact that everyone will think DC is ripping off Marvel, I think Warners should go full-hog on doing a similar feature with all the various alternate Superman characters with 12 year old Jonathan Kent at its center.

Think of all the combinations of great characters you could smash together as Jon learns to understand his father and mother better by sharing misadventures with different incarnations of them through the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, and beyond.

I'd focus on a core quintet of Jon, his Golden Agey jean & t-shirt Bruce Springsteen Superman, 80s Margot Kidder/Teri Hatcher-esque Lois Lane, Kirby's Jimmy Olsen, and, of course, a 1960s cartoon version of Mr. Mxy.

Yes, it'd feel like a shameless ripoff of Spider-Verse. I don't care. I'd be awesome.

For the sequel, I'd do Damian meeting alt-versions of Dick, Kelly, Jason, and a teenaged Bruce Wayne.

Who'd your Super-Verse cast be?

I'd probably just make it a Multiversity movie or do something with a similar premise as that one arc in Tomasi's Superman.

To be honest, I think Super Sons would lend itself better to an animated series. There's a lot of potential there.
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

You kind of got that with flashpoint.

I'd prefer keeping the Super Sons and any multiverse project as separate movies.

Astonishing Member

They can't really do a super verse movie. One of the biggest reasons for into the Spider Verse success which is regularly ignored within the comic book community is the clear diversity that's represented. That anyone can be behind the mask, while still focusing on Miles Morales.

In order for super verse to work, the primary focus would have to be on Val Zod, and Val Zod doesn't have any story lines since his story has been just in Earth 2. They could probably do Val Zod, Kenan, Jon Kent, and probably Power Girl. But if anyone has to try to capture Into the Spider Verse success,

they must incorporate the diversity aspect that was a core element of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Watching Spider-Verse again makes me shake my fist to the heavens that Marvel beat DC to making Infinite Earths mainstream.

But Spider-Verse is such a good movie, you gotta give it credit for being one of the all-time greatest superhero movies ever made.

Now, despite the fact that everyone will think DC is ripping off Marvel, I think Warners should go full-hog on doing a similar feature with all the various alternate Superman characters with 12 year old Jonathan Kent at its center.

Think of all the combinations of great characters you could smash together as Jon learns to understand his father and mother better by sharing misadventures with different incarnations of them through the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, and beyond.

I'd focus on a core quintet of Jon, his Golden Agey jean & t-shirt Bruce Springsteen Superman, 80s Margot Kidder/Teri Hatcher-esque Lois Lane, Kirby's Jimmy Olsen, and, of course, a 1960s cartoon version of Mr. Mxy.

Yes, it'd feel like a shameless ripoff of Spider-Verse. I don't care. I'd be awesome.

For the sequel, I'd do Damian meeting alt-versions of Dick, Kelly, Jason, and a teenaged Bruce Wayne.

Who'd your Super-Verse cast be?
    Well Spider-Man has ripoff Superman too so who cares.. I love it, sounds like great potential, and it's really sad that Warner Bros and DC haven't done it already.. I think Superman Secret Identity could be a great animated big screen movie. I hope Super Pets is very creative too and a great action-adventure family movie with cameos from the Justice League.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I would absolutely love to see a Young Calvin Ellis animated movie, with The Gods & Monsters Zod Superman thrown in, contrasting the two very different ideas of the American Way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    They can't really do a super verse movie. One of the biggest reasons for into the Spider Verse success which is regularly ignored within the comic book community is the clear diversity that's represented. That anyone can be behind the mask, while still focusing on Miles Morales.

In order for super verse to work, the primary focus would have to be on Val Zod, and Val Zod doesn't have any story lines since his story has been just in Earth 2. They could probably do Val Zod, Kenan, Jon Kent, and probably Power Girl. But if anyone has to try to capture Into the Spider Verse success,

they must incorporate the diversity aspect that was a core element of the movie.
    I'm certainly a champion of (quality) diversity, but the biggest proponent of Into the Spider-Verse's success is that it is just a good movie. What its and other films' success does show us, though, is that mainstream society is willing to accept black people and women as leads in serious super hero films. So that should be a much less risky proposition for Hollywood now. There's a segment of people that battle over the diversity issue a lot, and I do think its hugely important to have quality representation in entertainment, but I think your general audience just wants good movies more than anything. And Spider-Verse was a good movie, whether the lead character was black, white, brown, or blue.

I only accept a Super-verse movie if includes the Sunshine Superman:

"Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I don't know about a Super-verse film. But I am surprised that Super Sons has yet to have an animated series. Be it on the app or something like Cartoon Network. Its a simple concept, yet with loads of opportunities, fun, adventure, and kid friendly. And with characters like Maya and Kathy, to have a more "Super Kids" kind of line, you have a little something for everyone.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I'm certainly a champion of (quality) diversity, but the biggest proponent of Into the Spider-Verse's success is that it is just a good movie. What its and other films' success does show us, though, is that mainstream society is willing to accept black people and women as leads in serious super hero films. So that should be a much less risky proposition for Hollywood now. There's a segment of people that battle over the diversity issue a lot, and I do think its hugely important to have quality representation in entertainment, but I think your general audience just wants good movies more than anything. And Spider-Verse was a good movie, whether the lead character was black, white, brown, or blue.
    I said "one" of the biggest reasons for the success was the diversity element, not the only element. If the movie was poorly done, then it most definitely wouldn't have receive the same accolades that it currently has, no doubt. But the diverse element is "A" key element of that movie. Representation is being craved and it is that craving that helped push the movie to the success it has reach. So to ignore that element when you're attempting to replicate that same success is essentially removing one of the key elements that made the movie successful.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I would absolutely love to see a Young Calvin Ellis animated movie, with The Gods & Monsters Zod Superman thrown in, contrasting the two very different ideas of the American Way.

Wait, you're picture is val zod but you mentioned calvin ellis, are you talking about mixing the two characters together into one? That would be interesting lol.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post

I think you could pretty easily turn a Multiversity story, as Morrison presented it, into something like that...since that had Calvin Ellis pretty prominently as the main Superman representative.

Don't necessarily have to just limit to Superman characters either .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think you could pretty easily turn a Multiversity story, as Morrison presented it, into something like that...since that had Calvin Ellis pretty prominently as the main Superman representative.

Don't necessarily have to just limit to Superman characters either .

Yes and No.

Yes, because Multiversity does contain a lot of the elements that can be shared with Spider Verse.

No, because Multiversity is a self contain short story. One of the biggest elements of into the spider verse was the expansion of that universe due to the comic book criteria already created.

Multiversity doesn't have that expansion. So unless DC decided to do a Calvin Ellis or Val Zod solo series, they would be stuck after possibly the first movie.

Ultimately, there isn't much content to play with like with Spider Verse. So their chopped at the legs if it became successful.