Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Call the book Justice Society Infinity. Big tent.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Call the book Justice Society Infinity. Big tent.
    I was thinking that a compromise between the two properties might be best move as well.

I would rather, however, call it "Infinity Society" or "Justice Inc"

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I want more teams running around. It feels like the League is the only team book around anymore.
    It feels like this because they're the only team to be put on a higher pedestal within the DCU. Other teams don't get this treatment no more, where they felt at large and the universe was aware of them.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I never read Infinity Inc but it seems like they're the offspring to the JSA? If so, isn't merging the two teams what Johns basically did in his last JSA run by merging young and old?

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Exactly, whenever I hear of a higher up say that a team or character feels redundant/incompetent I want to slam my face into a brick wall. They are reducing themselves not only creatively but financially as well. More good team books the more money they can make.
    I see teams similar to football, baseball or basketball teams.
    They may serve the same purpose, or do the same thing, but what makes you connect with one over another is the roster or where they're based.
    In comics that translates to who's on the team, the dynamics between members, the creators, the immediate world around the team and who their regular rogues are.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I never read Infinity Inc but it seems like they're the offspring to the JSA? If so, isn't merging the two teams what Johns basically did in his last JSA run by merging young and old?
    Infinity is the offspring of the JSA. A key part of their earlier adventures was their struggle to find their own way on Earth Two and be accepted ads full super-heroes by the JSA. It seemed very similar to the Titans and JLA, but where family's involved and the position of the JSA on that Earth was even more comfortable than on the JLA's Earth, the conflicts seemed more personal on both sides.

Johns worked with an older Infinity which had achieved that status of equals.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I was thinking that a compromise between the two properties might be best move as well.

I would rather, however, call it "Infinity Society" or "Justice Inc"
    Why obscure from the audience what it is? Justice Society is a bigger draw, and Infinity Inc.'s main draw was being the offspring of the Justice Society. Combine the best known elements of both, but the Justice Society name is the biggest draw there, even if the book is mostly about the young people. That's how it worked in Geoff Johns successful run.

Extraordinary Member

The more popular members of Infinity Inc. became anyway all members of JSA and/or JLA, putting them back in Infinity Inc. seems like a downgrade.

BANNED

I liked Infinity Inc--especially Starman and Mr. Bones.

I would love both.

Only if it was this team...

... walks out of room slowly
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I want a return of the original Earth-Two where all the characters exist in a real-time setting. So in the 1940s there was a team called the Justice Society of America and in the 1980s there was a team called Infinity, Inc., and in the 2020s there's a team called . . .

The characters would be all new, but following in the footsteps of those that went before.
    Second.
    The return of the JSA to the present day DCU has been awaited by DC readers relentlessly for almost three years at this point. While some cynical portions of the DC fanbase are under the opinion that once household staples of the DC continuity such as the Legion of Superheroes and the Justice Society will forever reside in limbo. However logically speaking, this is unlikely. Although it may take 1 or 5 or even 10 years for the JSA to return, the comic book industry's need to pander to nostalgia to generate sales insures that the aforementioned team will come back.
    I'm not so sure, at least not for nostalgia pandering reasons. It might be very likely that DC would want to run a JSA series or even mini series for trademark purposes, but they've so turned their continuity inside out, and the JSA's 1940s setting is so far in the past, it's almost counterproductive to try and bring them back for anything other than trademark protection. From a trademark standpoint, they'd be better off just to create modern versions of the distinctive characters like Doctor Fate and Stargirl.
    The return of the JSA will most likely mean the return of Jay Garrick and Alan Scott. This will unnecessarily overcrowd the Flash and Green Lantern franchises respectively.
    From a trademark standpoint, these are the two you need to protect the least. They have modern interpretations holding down those trademarks.

I like Infinity Inc just fine, but in the current comic landscape I'd be pleased as punch with another JSA book a la the '99 relaunch that sort of blends the concepts together. I have a hard time fathoming us ever getting two distinct books.

. . . I would rather, however, call it "Infinity Society" or "Justice Inc"
    The name is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I liked Infinity Inc--especially Starman and Mr. Bones.
    Wait . . . when was "Starman" a member of Infinity Inc.?
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 04-04-2019 at 08:13 AM.

Incredible Member

I can't agree witht he original premise of this suggestion, I don't think bringing back Jay and Alan WOULD *unecessarily* (o.P's word not mine) overcrowd the Flash and Green Lantern families, Jay as elder statesman speedter is sonething that Barry could really use and as for Alan Scott, getting rid of him has had a huge effect on the DCU.

By removing Alan Scott you get rid of his son and daughter who are both an integral part of Infinity Inc (Jade also connects to the wider DCU with her relationship with Kyle connecting her to the Corps, which Alan is not and does not need to be and she even connects to the Bat-family, indirectly, thanks to her link with Nightwing through Outsiders).

The definition of Infinity Inc (at least in the original premise) is that they were the sons and daughters of the JSA so you can't really have them *without* the existance of the JSA.

I like both the JSA and the Inc so the idea of a combination (which we kind of sure at the end of CONVERGENCE INFINITY INC) is something I could get behind.