Default Crimson Lotus in the Mignolaverse

Looks like her first appearance was in a photo from B.P.R.D.: The Dead #3 back in 2005?

Then she went against Lobster Johnson in the two-issue "A Scent of Lotus" story in 2013, followed by the single issue story "Mangekyō" in 2017.

More recently, we just had the five-issue Crimson Lotus series.

Aside from revelations regarding her connection to a character from B.P.R.D. in the past, are there any other significant stories featuring her?

The only other time I can think of her being mentioned is in BPRD when they find that she’s Daimio’s grandmother. There’s some brief discussion of her, but no actual appearance I don’t think. Can’t remember if that happens in The Dead or slightly later off the top of my head

Quote Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post
    The only other time I can think of her being mentioned is in BPRD when they find that she’s Daimio’s grandmother. There’s some brief discussion of her, but no actual appearance I don’t think. Can’t remember if that happens in The Dead or slightly later off the top of my head
    I think it was much later than The Dead, especially since that first reveal of her in the file Johann was looking through was in issue #3.

Daimo himself wasn't introduced until issue #1 of The Dead, and he was pretty much portrayed as a mystery to others for a while. (At least in the omnibus B.P.R.D. A Plague of Frogs Vol. 2; haven't bought/read Vol. 3 yet.)

Sidenote - brain isn't working, do we know what the Melines photo is?
    “Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons.” -- Hellboy.
    “Dude, you’re embarrassing me in front of the Wizards.” -- Tony Stark.

Quote Originally Posted by timbolton View Post
    Sidenote - brain isn't working, do we know what the Melines photo is?
    I think that's the only one we don't know anything about yet.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    I think that's the only one we don't know anything about yet.

Have any stories referenced the Battle of the Bulge?

Wouldn't that have been during the timeframe of the flashback sections in B.P.R.D.: Hell on Earth - Metamorphosis? (HoE TPB Vol. 12.)

Amazing Member

I had always assumed it was one of the enkaladite critters, but I suppose maybe there isn’t a good fit to the timeline there.

I was just googling Melines 1944, to get an idea of what was going on - Battle of the Bulge as mentioned above. Then I came across an old thread form on here discussing the scrapbooks (I've always loved those scrapbooks - pure Mignolaverse gold - be nice to see some Silver Lantern scrapbooks turn up).

Quote Originally Posted by fred25_ca View Post
    Actually, it appears we were both wrong. I just began reading 1948 and guess what just showed up? That melines monster. In the second issue, he attacks the professor and then gets shot in the face. I'm pretty sure that's him since in the picture he looks pretty much the same but he's coming out of a hole. So if i'm not mistaken, we've actually gotten to know all the characters in the ww2 files!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-B-P-R-D-files

I've just pulled 1948 out and I have to agree, it's a close match between the two creatures. So perhaps something happened there that involved enkaladite? And then in 1948 we see another similar creature?

Further sidenote: Great discussion of Mignolaverse and parallel dimensions here (what is enkaladite debate) - https://www.reddit.com/r/Mignolavers..._exist_in_the/
    Last edited by timbolton; 04-05-2019 at 11:14 AM.
    “Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons.” -- Hellboy.
    “Dude, you’re embarrassing me in front of the Wizards.” -- Tony Stark.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I think it was much later than The Dead, especially since that first reveal of her in the file Johann was looking through was in issue #3.

Daimo himself wasn't introduced until issue #1 of The Dead, and he was pretty much portrayed as a mystery to others for a while. (At least in the omnibus B.P.R.D. A Plague of Frogs Vol. 2; haven't bought/read Vol. 3 yet.)
    Just looked it up, it’s in Garden of Souls, so not too much later. There’s another image of her, and some brief discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post

Just looked it up, it’s in Garden of Souls, so not too much later. There’s another image of her, and some brief discussion
    Ah, that's collected in B.P.R.D. A Plague of Frogs Vol. 3 which I haven't read yet. (I'll probably put in an order for it tomorrow.)

Ah, that's collected in B.P.R.D. A Plague of Frogs Vol. 3 which I haven't read yet. (I'll probably put in an order for it tomorrow.)
    Oh my god, you are going to LOVE it. That volume is full of some of the best B.P.R.D. stories there are.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Oh my god, you are going to LOVE it. That volume is full of some of the best B.P.R.D. stories there are.
    Just placed an order at my nearby Barnes & Noble store today.
    (Saved more money doing that than ordering through the B&N website.)