Default What was Astrid Arkham's goal?

I didn't understand what Astrid Arkham's master plan was? She wants everyone blind? What does that accomplish in her crazy logic?

Yeah, that story was pretty dumb. But I've learned to lower my expectations with Tomasi.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I think that nobody here understood her plans..

The only that she made was made Gotham City citizens&criminals blind during some days..

Well she IS insane, so it isn't surprising that her plan didn't made much sense. From what I understood, she wanted Gothamites to be blind so there would be no crime for a long time, while she got rid of the Batman and build her Utopia.

Ok good, glad to see it wasn't just me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    I didn't understand what Astrid Arkham's master plan was? She wants everyone blind? What does that accomplish in her crazy logic?
    Well, she literally wanted to get Gotham "Out of the darkness" and take it "into the light". Certainly, it seems it's always night in Gotham, and since she sees Batman as a monster of darkness (which technically he is), she believed he has to rid the city of Batman in order to save it. Not to mention the fact she also considers Batman as the murderer of his mother, which technically, he is. She's not technically (or entirely) crazy, more like mad.

iMan 42s

Funny thing is that I literally just read this and had hope I wasn't behind like a month or six.

Her motivations don't really make a whole lot of sense because while Batman is a "creature of the night", what was blinding him and most of Gotham going to accomplish? Why did she have to have minions? If all she needed was to detonate this "Day bomb" why not just detonate it and face Batman when he arrived? What did she need Robin for? What was the end game? Kill Batman and have city rely on her? Just replace him? But because she killed and maimed it's fine?
    Sure she's crazy but that's a cop out and not a motivation, that's only a state of mind and for what is essentially someone's Deviant Art OC at that.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I will say that Im a huge fan of Tomasi but I will agree that this arc was incredibly bad
    pretty dissappointed with the overall product

I really like Tomasi but his few issues on Detective haven't really done it for me yet. I usually love his Batman and expect I will again soon.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Her goal wasn't to blind Gothamites longterm. She probably only wanted to announce her arrival on the scene. Astrid is 20 years old. Does that mean Rebirth Batman is active for 20 years? Editorial? Hello? Actually I enjoyed that arc despite the flaws for its character moments

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Well, she literally wanted to get Gotham "Out of the darkness" and take it "into the light". Certainly, it seems it's always night in Gotham, and since she sees Batman as a monster of darkness (which technically he is), she believed he has to rid the city of Batman in order to save it. Not to mention the fact she also considers Batman as the murderer of his mother, which technically, he is. She's not technically (or entirely) crazy, more like mad.
    I think we can be confident that Batman didn't murder Astrid's mother