Spectacular Member

Default Marvel Trivia - can you answer these questions without a search engine?

There is an alien race in Marvel Comics and the people from that alien race are called Stygians.

We have been introduced to three characters who were/are Stygian.

One of them died a long time ago
    A second died fighting the Cancerverse during Annihilation
    The third took up the name and role of the second one.

1) What do Stygians look like?
    2) What was the name of the one who died a long time ago? What was his ultimate job? What weapons did he use that are being used to this day? He had a second "superhero" name. Any idea what it was?
    3) What group did the Stygian who died fighting the cancerverse belong to?
    4) What name was given to both the Stygian who died fighting the cancerverse, as well as the individual that took that Stygian's place?

I think it would be cool if more Stygians were used in Marvel stories!

Agreed... Stygians are cool.

1) They have black skin with a star field effect.
    2) The Stygian Starbender was a Protector of the Universe and used the Quantum Bands. I guess maybe he was also called Quasar (that actually makes sense).
    3) He was a member of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard.
    4) They were both known as Neutron (though the original so was originally known as Quasar... I honestly never realized the connection back to the Starbender until right now).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Agreed... Stygians are cool.

1) They have black skin with a star field effect.
    2) The Stygian Starbender was a Protector of the Universe and used the Quantum Bands. I guess maybe he was also called Quasar (that actually makes sense).
    3) He was a member of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard.
    4) They were both known as Neutron (though the original so was originally known as Quasar... I honestly never realized the connection back to the Starbender until right now).
    Good job. I do think they look awesome and would love a story about the Stygian Starbender - the first Protector of the Universe! What and how he came to fill that role. I don't think he was ever named Quasar - remember, even Wendell was originally Marvel Man! I do find it odd that the first Neutron originally went by Quasar, except that we know he held a quantum singularity (a black hole) in his body. How did he get that power? How does the NEW guy have that power. Do all Stygians have that power? Is THAT why the Stygian Starbender was chosen - the attachment to a quantum singularity? So many unanswered questions!