Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    What he did in the mutant massacre is pretty twisted..what he did in Weapon X where he acted like he was being Schlinder and actually took those Jews from the death camps just to experiment on them without any eyeballs.
    I know about all of that. what I was getting at is that he had his conscience/empathy artificially removed. he wasn't experimenting on them because they were Jewish. they were available as test subjects. he would have done it to any group of people. before Apocalypse, I think he experimented on transients or people who were deformed, irrc. he's guilty of acts of evil. but I don't think he's malicious about it; like the Red Skull. i'd actually say that Dark Beast is worse. the latter did several illegal experiments and enjoyed it. he killed McCoy's high school crush to amuse himself. Sinister had the Morlocks killed because Dark Beast (who was his pupil in the other reality) was using his science in a perverted way (to no end, basically).

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Sounds like a good idea for a supervillain team. Who makes the final roster?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

1 Bendis
    2 Austen
    3 Guggs
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    1 Bendis
    2 Austen
    3 Guggs
    Close. For me it's

1. Austen
    2. Bendis
    3. Loeb
    4. Way
    5. Pak

lol

BANNED

the serial killers like Carnage Sabretooth bullseye daken and so on
    then the "normal" creeps Bruce's father, Tony's father, gyrich etc.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Actually they have said in some of the books that Dark beast was tinkering with the Morlocks and that was one of the reasons Sinister was trying to wipe out them out.
    Though that explanation was tacked n years later. Did Claremont ever establish his original reason for the slaughter?

Claremont originally intended Sinister to be an extreeemely different character than what he was established to be by later writers. I think I heard that in Claremont's original concept for the character, he was intended to be a child who picked "Mister Sinister" as a name, and used his shapeshifting to look the way he does, because he thought that name and look was badass. Absolutely nothing in common with the steampunk mad scientist later writers made him. Claremont's original motivation for him was presumably related to that, which makes it pretty much worthless for stories involving current Siniester, who is, for all intents and purposes, a totally different character who happens to share the same name.

My Top Five Picks (in no particular order)

Mr. Sinister
    Norman Osborn
    Carnage
    Thanos (at times)
    Red Skull
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

Maria Hill. To quote Grey's Law: "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice."

The Director from Weapon X ran a mutant concentration camp.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Claremont originally intended Sinister to be an extreeemely different character than what he was established to be by later writers. I think I heard that in Claremont's original concept for the character, he was intended to be a child who picked "Mister Sinister" as a name, and used his shapeshifting to look the way he does, because he thought that name and look was badass. Absolutely nothing in common with the steampunk mad scientist later writers made him. Claremont's original motivation for him was presumably related to that, which makes it pretty much worthless for stories involving current Siniester, who is, for all intents and purposes, a totally different character who happens to share the same name.
    I've heard this as well, and that he'd been in the same orphanage as Cyclops, accounting for his fixation on The X-Men. The character was supposed to be a twisted take on Billy Batson.

I would say Carnage is pretty evil. He doesnt care about right and wrong he kills because he enjoys it end of story. I would also call Bullseye evil. Dint he one time kill a mother who was breastfeeding just to prove a point to The Kingpin? I cant remeber the issue number and dont know if I am remembering that right. But it seems like something I read as a child and went WTF.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I would say Carnage is pretty evil. He doesnt care about right and wrong he kills because he enjoys it end of story. I would also call Bullseye evil. Dint he one time kill a mother who was breastfeeding just to prove a point to The Kingpin? I cant remeber the issue number and dont know if I am remembering that right. But it seems like something I read as a child and went WTF.
    He also blew up an entire apartment complex full of people in Hell's Kitchen during Dark Reign solely to piss Daredevil off, and this was when he was masquerading as Hawkeye for Norman Osborn's Avengers.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Evil characters, no doubt. But not nearly as evil as the sick minds that came up with some of their vile acts and motivations.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

I did some thinking on the subject. As fans, we tend to focus on how much enjoyment the character seems to be having while doing something "bad." The more sadistic the more evil. But what if they are just unintentionally evil and simply don't express guilt? Before becoming an LMD, Eric O'Grady routinely ruined the lives of others by simply focusing on his own needs and ignoring his own conscience. He abandoned someone he impregnated after exploiting her grief to get laid. He taunted Cassie Lang after smearing her recently deceased father. He played a prank on Speedball's parents simply to bully his alternate reality counterpart. He would have looked the other way if the Thunderbolts had killed Natasha. Same with Luke Cage. If you're hurting people because it's your job or because you're bored, is that less evil than what Bullseye is up to?