Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Osborn in the Dark Reign era was a crazy kind of evil, especially in Worlds Most Wanted and Siege.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    How do we forget Crossbones in this?
    Yep.

Crossbones is pretty awful as well.

He tortured and possibly raped Diamondback (Rachel Leighton).

BANNED

the jester for his moronic sense of humor and being completely unfunny.thats truly evil.

4 pages in on a thread about who are the most evil Marvel characters, and not one mention of this guy:

Mephisto! C'mon, he's as close as Marvel can get to to the Devil himself!

Or is this guy somehow lacking in evilness? I would think he has an overwhelming amount of despicable deeds on panel, right?

Are his motivations more complex than being evil?

From an outsider's POV, Mephisto should be no less than #2, and probably #1.

Enlighten me, please.

The whole concept of Mephisto is really too silly to be taken seriously.

In other words, not relatable in the slightest.

He has a pretty good visual though.

Mephisto's feats of evil are pretty tame compared to some of the other contestants, here. time to demon-up Mephisto.

Mephisto is an immortal extra-dimensional entity born into an existence without any concept of morality. It is unfair to judge him by our own standards that we can use to judge other characters.

This has been "In Defense of Mephisto" with your friendly neighborhood Youtuber.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

As bad as Apocalypse was, his horseman Holocaust was worse. He was a guy who looked around in the Age of Apocalypse were corpses line the streets and still thought Apocalypse was being too soft.

BANNED

"What is evil? Some say evil is a man. A man named...Sinister"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I would also like to add Arcade. Between Avengers Arena and the current arc in Spiderman, I just someone would end him.

Sure, Sinister wants knowledge, but he goes about it in the most disturbing ways possible, often to his detriment.

And yes, his whole thing with Scott.

And didn't he blow up a bunch of kids for basically no reason?
    No. He killed a society of mutants because he thought they were too weak and useless for his genetic research..even got Gambit in on the fun.

It's always intriguing how he has never been face to face with Doom or Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    "What is evil? Some say evil is a man. A man named...Sinister"
    he's inhuman. but I don't know that he's consciously evil. part of his "upgrade" was the loss of emotion. he thought that it would make him a better scientist. I guess it could be argued that the stuff he subjected Scott Summers to at the orphanage was textbook evil.

No. He killed a society of mutants because he thought they were too weak and useless for his genetic research..
    wasn't he cleaning up after the Dark Beast from the Age of Apocalypse universe? it's been awhile since I read that story. I just know that it was about more than them being weak. because those Morlocks would eventually become Gene Nation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    he's inhuman. but I don't know that he's consciously evil. part of his "upgrade" was the loss of emotion. he thought that it would make him a better scientist. I guess it could be argued that the stuff he subjected Scott Summers to at the orphanage was textbook evil.
    What he did in the mutant massacre is pretty twisted..what he did in Weapon X where he acted like he was being Schlinder and actually took those Jews from the death camps just to experiment on them without any eyeballs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    wasn't he cleaning up after the Dark Beast from the Age of Apocalypse universe? it's been awhile since I read that story. I just know that it was about more than them being weak. because those Morlocks would eventually become Gene Nation.
    No. Sinister is behind the Mutant Massacre .Dark Beast was seen in a good light by Marrow and Gene Nation.

No. He killed a society of mutants because he thought they were too weak and useless for his genetic research..even got Gambit in on the fun.

It's always intriguing how he has never been face to face with Doom or Reed.
    No. Sinister is behind the Mutant Massacre .Dark Beast was seen in a good light by Marrow and Gene Nation.
    Actually they have said in some of the books that Dark beast was tinkering with the Morlocks and that was one of the reasons Sinister was trying to wipe out them out.