Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Default The SCP Foundation (and those they contain) vs........

The SCP entries are filled with wonders, terrors, and everything in between. Most of the time these things can barely be contained, or their damage/danger can only be somewhat mitigated.

But how dangerous are they really?

For this thread I want to see how various SCP’s would do against other fictional characters. Some of these things are allegedly ‘immune to physical damage’, but they’ve never been punched by Superman, now have they? Or some are reality warpers on a planetary or greater scale, but they’ve never fought the likes of Classic Dr. Strange or PC Dr. Fate or Franklin Richards.

And as to containment, the SCP scientists aren’t exactly Reed Richards level.

So, who would you put against what SCP’s and how would it go down? What match ups would be the most entertaining or satisfying or most justified?

What would happen if the SCP showed up in total in your favorite fictional universe, how would that change things?

Have fun with this one, all!
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 04-04-2019 at 12:12 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

I mean 682 alone can resist/ignore reality warping both direct, and indirect.

He's the one to beat, I'd say.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The SCP entries are filled with wonders, terrors, and everything in between. Most of the time these things can barely be contained, or their damage/danger can only be somewhat mitigated.

But how dangerous are they really?

For this thread I want to see how various SCP’s would do against other fictional characters. Some of these things are allegedly ‘immune to physical damage’, but they’ve never been punched by Superman, now have they? Or some are reality warpers on a planetary or greater scale, but they’ve never fought the likes of Classic Dr. Strange or PC Dr. Fate or Franklin Richards.

And as to containment, the SCP scientists aren’t exactly Reed Richards level.

So, who would you put against what SCP’s and how would it go down? What match ups would be the most entertaining or satisfying or most justified?

What would happen if the SCP showed up in total in your favorite fictional universe, how would that change things?

Have fun with this one, all!
    Whatever happens....I expect another hundred pages worth of SCP-914 results.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Whatever happens....I expect another hundred pages worth of SCP-914 results.
    Which one is that again?
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

well............they have "god" on their side.

if he decides to do anything, really.

It’s also individual match ups too.

I can of want to see the Yule Man taken down finally, hopefully by someone like Harry Dresden or Constantine.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Which one is that again?
    That machine that you can throw items into and get something good or bad depending on if you set it to *rough, coarse, 1:1, fine or very fine*

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Since there's no singular canon, portrayals of the scale of the Foundation vary wildly. There's at least one SCP that the Foundation is creating scads of alternate universes just to create a BUFFER ZONE for it to continuously destroy in order to keep it away from theirs. And then the Scarlet King is allegedly an even bigger deal than THAT if you read all the associated tales, being something that exists beyond the multiverse as a whole (in some versions). Another SCP is a series of symbols that, if you see them, rewrites your past and makes you a loyal Foundation employee. For that matter, infiltrating them is a horrible idea for almost anyone, due to just how dangerous their work is and how easily something going even slightly wrong can have enormously catastrophic consequences. Anyone who was to try and infiltrate them would basically have to become them if they did so successfully, as the aliens in... I think 2998 found out. Anything else would be inviting one's own destruction.

So it's hard to really say exactly what the Foundation itself is capable of. That said....

682 is unkillable by pretty much any esoterics, but potentially killable by just... destroying him. If you can outmatch his regeneration with sheer continuous physical trauma until not one single atom of his body is left and do so before he adapts a solution to whatever you're doing. His feats are pretty good here, but I'd expect any of your high end Marvel/DC guys would be able to pull that off. There's one tale where he was killed by an evil sun, so I guess there's that. Then again, I believe it's noted somewhere that his body can be matter or not matter as the situation demands, so maybe it can't be done. There's also a version where 682 is one among a set of beings kept in a state of balance whose existence defines the boundaries of reality, so if using that version alone, just having him present and not balanced against his opposite Keter, would mean that reality is changing, so who knows what that would do.

173 is remarkably difficult to deal with, and even worse if you go into some of the tales featuring it. In general though, it's a big speedster made of concrete that efficiently kills whatever it can when it's not being directly observed, which makes it... basically a speedster running on Khazan bloodlust. One tale makes it clear that the whole "being observed" thing is a choice, not a rule, and that it just wants people to watch. Still, any decent brick should be basically immune to it, since it normally just kills people.

Now what I really want to see is Dr. Doom, on a day when whatever contingencies he has against this sort of thing are on the fritz, get ahold of the Katana of Apparent Invulnerability. The idea of Doom eloquently describing the marvelous properties of this 20 dollar tin toy sword while he humiliates himself with it is just something I find hilarious.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 04-04-2019 at 03:37 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Just as a note going into this thread, the last time 231 got brought up hereabouts, it resulted in SCP discussion being banned (my fault. I was making an unrelated point about why trying to take over the Foundation is a bad idea). Just, you know, I'd hate to see that happen again.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 04-04-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Astonishing Member

I mean it's already been theorized here that SCP is a subdivision of the Technocracy so...

I mean, depending on which canon you go with, there's versions of the Foundation that are basically the Antispiral.

BANNED

Nabeshin.

Who turns the entire Foundation into a Quack Experimental Anime.

Hell he Foundation itself sounds like it might be where Washu stores the experiments she doesn't want to erase...yet. And "SCP God" just happens to be the apex being that humans can comprehend...because he's part of the management program she's using to maintain that bit of space-time.