Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post
    Ian Somerhalder would have been perfect back in the day but he is too old now

Wouldn't object to one of the GOT guys like Kit Harington or Richard Madden

Zac Efron would work too
    Kit Harington might be a really good choice. He's a good actor, he's a good looking guy but he can pull off the "badass" vibe when he wants to. Plus he's a pretty well know actor and would bring that "star" power.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I would pick Patrick Flueger, but the role will probably stay with Brenton Thwaites. He is doing a fine job.

For me no one is good enough to play Dick Grayson. But I like Brenton Thwaites and his version of the character in Titans. So, maybe as long as actor can act well, likeable (very important factor here), pretty (looks like Dick Grayson from the comics) and knows how to not play typical “playboy” type of guy on the screen while portraying Dick Grayson... I think I will be okay with him. Maybe)))

Astonishing Member

I'll be fun here.

Burt Ward.

Just make it a Batman Beyond-Era story.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Of the GoT cast members I’d take Madden over Harrington. He has more outgoing charm than Harrington, who relies more on the broodiness.
    Last edited by dropkickjake; 04-05-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Of the GoT cast members I’d take Madden over Harrington. He has more outgoing charm than Harrington, who relies more on the broodiness.
    Well yeah, that's the character he plays lol. Jon Snow is completely different than Rob as he should be. That's like watching Batman 89 or Returns and saying that Micheal Keaton can only play broody and kinda crazy characters.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Kit Harington might be a really good choice. He's a good actor, he's a good looking guy but he can pull off the "badass" vibe when he wants to. Plus he's a pretty well know actor and would bring that "star" power.
    Kit Harrington looks funny without a beard.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Well yeah, that's the character he plays lol. Jon Snow is completely different than Rob as he should be. That's like watching Batman 89 or Returns and saying that Micheal Keaton can only play broody and kinda crazy characters.
    Just calling it as I see it, mate. Think Madden would be a better fit. Looks the part more than Harrington as well. I’m not saying Harrington would be an awful choice, just that if I had the chance to cast either, Madden would edge him out.

BANNED

I'd just cast the youngest and best-looking kid I could find. Preferably one who'd work cheap.

Of all the names people propose I think Madden is the best choice but I think all of them would be too old by the time they cast Nightwing.

BANNED

That's why I'd go with a young cheap unknown, somebody with talent and hunger.

Yeah, Madden might work too. I dont think he's pretty enough but I'm horrible with fan casting. Hell, I thought that Ben Barnes (Jigsaw on Netflix's Punisher) would have made a quality Nightwing if you were going for a slightly older pre-52 version. My wife, who isn't even a big Nightwing fan, thought I was crazy wrong.

Though let's not forget that Dick can brood with the best of them. It seems like a lot of the fanbase likes to focus on Dick being the "happy, well adjusted" member of the Bat family (especially twitter), and he is.....but he's also prone to angst and brooding and has a lot more "rebel bad boy" in him than a lot of people seem to remember.

I used to wonder if Dick didn't have some kind of low-scale bipolar disorder or manic depression. It seemed like he'd be laughing and joking and loving life in one moment, then be dark and dangerous and brooding the next.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Taylor Luatner is still perfect for this

he was literally trained by a former power ranger

In fact, that casting choice is only a bit less likely than the movie actually happening. So who will probably get the role? No one.
    Why do you say this? Matt Bomer would have been a fantastic choice, but is it really that unlikely for someone to propose a Nightwing film?

Why do you say this? Matt Bomer would have been a fantastic choice, but is it really that unlikely for someone to propose a Nightwing film?
    There's already a Nightwing film "in development." There's a director who's got a script (or something) and wants to do it. The studio is supposedly interested, if not committed.

I think most of us consider it unlikely because it's been in pre-production hell for a while and WB isn't really trustworthy. How many other films are "in development?" Flash cant even get a movie off the ground, and I dont think anyone was ever even attached in any real capacity for Cyborg. MoS-2 never happened, hell even Batman can't make it to photography. Affleck is out as Batman, the new movie might be a soft reboot/new approach thing. WB can't make Batman happen, so the odds of Nightwing making it seem slim. But hey, you never know. It could happen.

~ Black Panther.